Class of 2007 College Signings

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

SweetPVJumps
PV Whiz

Unread postby SweetPVJumps » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:31 am

[quote="vtcoach"][quote="SweetPVJumps"]and question, do all people sign to be on a team or just scholarship people or something do that? cuz I (Marie Brown, 10' 10") will be walking on to san diego state, and im not quite sure if i have to do something like that :o[/quote]

You should make sure the coach knows you are planning to walk on and you will still need to register with the NCAA clearing house.[/quote]

o yeah he knows, haha. and ive done clearinghouse stuff. im not that out of it :P

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:13 am

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/ ... 69588.html

Berry vaulting to Vols

By DOM COSENTINO
The Intelligencer
Joe Berry had one more bar to clear as a high school pole vaulter.

He had done everything else this spring by setting Penn Relays, District One and PIAA championship meet records, surpassing the expectations many had for him as a Hatboro-Horsham senior â€â€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:21 am

http://www.asuindians.com/ViewArticle.d ... LID=945217

ASU Inks Standout Texas Pole Vaulter
Courtesy: ArkansasState
Release: 06/27/2007

Courtesy: ArkansasState
http://www.asuindians.com/

JONESBORO (6/27/07) â€â€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:13 am

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/20 ... 030701.txt

Wiley vaults ahead to new challenge in Alabama

By John Gunther, Sports Editor
Tuesday, July 3, 2007 11:58 AM PDT

Marshfield pole vaulter Amber Wiley signs the national letter of intent to attend Jacksonville State University in Alabama on a track and field scholarship with plans to major in biology. Wiley is the reigning Class 5A pole vault champion in Oregon and was joined at the signing Monday morning by her parents, Rickey and Megan Wiley, and pole vault coach Stan Solomon. She signed the paperwork in the lobby of Pirate Hall. World Photo by Lou Sennick.
COOS BAY - With a few strokes of her pen Monday morning, recent Marshfield graduate Amber Wiley became the fifth Pirate pole vaulter to advance to the Division I ranks in the past decade.

Wiley signed a letter of intent to compete in track and field for Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, Ala. The 2007 Class 5A state champion will receive a full-ride scholarship to compete for the Gamecocks, members of the Ohio Valley Conference.

Wiley follows in the footsteps of former Marshfield pole vaulters Christi Bentley, Trevor Woods, Celina Roberge and Muriel Roberge, all of whom went on to compete for Division I schools. Woods and the two Roberge sisters also were state champions.

Advertisement

Monday's signing ceremony was an exciting time, Wiley said.

“It's nice to finally make a decision,â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:31 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:05 pm

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 11006/1006

Former ASH pole vaulter O'Neal signs with UL-Monroe
By Will Tubbs
wtubbs@thetowntalk.com
(318) 487-6367

The Alexandria Senior High girls track and field team may be losing one of its most successful athletes, but pole vaulter Sarah O’Neal’s departure was a happy one.

Tuesday, with family, friends and coaches gathered in the ASH cafeteria, the two-time state champion signed a national letter of intent with Louisiana-Monroe, a decision O’Neal said was made easy by her soon-to-be teammates and coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

“(Louisiana-Monroe has) really good coaches and it’s a wonderful area,â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:22 pm

http://www.dailyamerican.com/articles/2 ... rts336.txt

Samole will pole vault at RMU
By CHRISTINA DUNMYER
Daily American Sports Writer
Saturday, July 7, 2007 12:24 AM EDT

BERLIN - Four years ago Anna Samole was hand- selected to be Berlin's first-ever pole vaulter. Friday she signed a letter of intent to take her skills to Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh.

“I picked it first for the education. But I also know people on the track team (former Berlin tracksters Ella Meese and Mike Bowman) and Coach Mike Smith was really interested in me and I knew I wouldn't be left behind.â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:55 am

Oklahoma Baptist

http://www.okbu.edu/news/view_article.php?id=1584

Parker Jackson of Ozark, Mo., has been recruited for multi-events and was a 2007 Missouri state qualifier in the pole vault.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:31 pm

http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/6034/

Jennifer Garrott (Burke, Va.) is transferring to W&M after a stellar freshman year at the University of Mary Washington. Garrott, a history major, won the Capital Athletic Conference pole vault crown as a freshman, and holds the UMW outdoor pole vault record of 10’ 8.75â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:33 pm

http://www.lionsports.net/index.php?pid ... le&id=3238

HAMMOND - Southeastern Louisiana University track and field coach Sean Brady announced the signing of 15 athletes - including the nephew of former head coach and current Southeastern Hall of Fame member Andy Thiel - for the 2007-08 campaign.

Southeastern, which posted its best-ever finish at the Southland Conference Outdoor Championships this spring with a third-place showing, added nine men and six women to the 2007-08 roster.

Signing on the men's side were sprinters Jacob Hadley (Metairie, La.), Jordan Redd (Opelousas, La.), Jerel Butler (New Orleans, La.), Shannon Grover (Reserve, La.) and Alex Collins (Rosenberg, Texas), pole vaulters Matthew Thiel (Covington, La.) and Stephen Durel (Baton Rouge, La.), triple jumper Michael Rheams (Walker, La.) and junior college thrower Kyle Francis (British Virgin Islands).

Inking with the Lady Lions were sprinters Jelessa Jett (New Orleans, La.), Josalynn Burns (Geismar, La.) and Darielle Sanders (LaPlace, La.), and distance runners Everlyne Montonyei (Eldoret, Kenya) and Dorcus Kipkiai (Eldoret, Kenya). The Lady Lions also added distance runner Ernestine Carodine (Philadelphia, Pa.), who transferred from Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

"This recruiting class projects to be a very strong group for us," Brady said. "The addition of some mature junior college and quality high school athletes should really help strengthen our men's and women's sprint hurdle and women's distance groups.

"Additionally, this group is probably the best group of students we have recruited. Their overall GPA's and test scores are quite impressive. I believe the men we have added will put us in contention for the Southland Conference outdoor title in 2008 and the distance runners we added on the women's side should move us up numerous spots in cross country.

Thiel, a St. Paul's standout and son of former Lion trackster Terry Thiel, cleared a personal-best 14-6 last spring and was an All-Academic, All-Metro and All-District selection. Durel, who finished third in the pole vault at the state indoor and outdoor meets, was a two-time district champion and was the 2007 regional champion at Catholic High School.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:58 am

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/sports ... rdham.html

Pole vaulter Cantu ready for new challenges at Fordham
By ROY HESS, The Brownsville Herald
August 28, 2007 - 11:28PM

G. Daniel Lopez/The Brownsville Herald
Gabby Cantu, a 2007 St. Joseph Academy graduate, looks over her letter of intent with SJA coach Teddy Lopez in the school library on Tuesday
With a world of opportunity before her, Gabby Cantu will literally try to clear new heights at Fordham University in New York City.

In just a few days, the 2007 St. Joseph Academy graduate will begin classes at the highly regarded Catholic school in the Jesuit tradition. Cantu is a pre-dentistry major who will compete in the pole vault on scholarship for the Rams’ track team.

“It’ll be completely different (at Fordham),â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:34 pm

http://www.hometownglenburnie.com/vault ... /05-38.HTM

South River High grad Sam Wilson, a state indoor pole vault champion, is at University of Maryland-Baltimore County where he will be a member of Coach David Bobb's Retriever track teams.

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”