Class of 2011 College Signings

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Re: Class of 2011 College Signings

Unread postby achtungpv » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 pm

VaultPurple wrote:I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I just saw where Jordan Yamoah signed with Texas A&M-Kingsville. Not too often do you see a DII School land a 17'1 high school kid.

The DII coach being the former NY state record holder with ties in NY certainly helped.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:38 am

http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/1741875.html

Cleared for take-off -- soaring Bison graduate taking track talents to NU next fall

Tuesday, July 5, 2011
STEVE KODAD

Steve Kodad/McCook Daily Gazette Former McCook High School standout athlete Kyle Craw sits at the controls of the Piper Cherokee 180 single-engine airplane he regularly pilots as he takes a break from his job at the McCook Ben Nelson Regional Airport. Craw, a 2011 McCook graduate, is the school record holder in the boys pole vault after he cleared 15 feet even several times this past spring. The licensed pilot plans to join the University of Nebraska-Lincoln track and field program next year.
[Click to enlarge]
Kyle Craw's love of flying has taken him to dizzying heights, both in the cockpit of a single-engine airplane and at the end of a fiberglass pole.
The 2011 McCook High School graduate plans to take another giant leap next year when he joins the University of Nebraska-Lincoln track and field program.

Craw capped a brilliant season senior high school track campaign this past spring with a third-place finish in the boys pole vault at the Class B state meet in Omaha. Kyle owns the Bison school record in the pole vault at 15 feet even, a mark he hit several times late in the season.

Steve Kodad/McCook Daily Gazette Kyle Craw of McCook kicks away from the crossbar as he clears 14 feet, 8 inches in the boys pole vault at the Class B state track and field meet at Omaha Burke Stadium last May. Craw, a 2011 McCook High School graduate, placed third at the state meet.
[Click to enlarge]
Craw passed up track scholarships from smaller schools such as Doane, Nebraska-Kearney and Chadron State to take a chance at NCAA Division I competition with the Big Red in Lincoln. NU track coaches invited Kyle for an official visit following the high school season, and that visit convinced the Bison standout to join the Husker program.
Kyle said the Nebraska academic facilities at Memorial Stadium and talking with standout NU vaulters Nate Polacek and Natalie Willer helped convince Craw to become a Husker.

"They were really nice," Kyle said of the Husker vault veterans. "They convinced me that it was just a lot of fun down there. We watched practice, and I loved how they ran that. After seeing all the facilities and everything they offer down there, it was kind of an easy decision to go there.

Steve Kodad/McCook Daily Gazette Kyle Craw of McCook gets ready to soar toward the bar in Class B-6 District meet competition at McCook last May. Craw cleared 14 feet, 8 inches to win the district meet. Craw owns the McCook school record at 15 feet even, and he plans to join the University of Nebraska-Lincoln track and field program next fall.
[Click to enlarge]
"Just the experience, and just being down there, not many people get that chance to go to a big school like that and have a chance to compete. So I'm really looking forward to it."
Chris Grimes is the NU pole vault coach. Grimes told Kyle that he only recruits vaulters that Grimes feels will someday vault in the Big Ten Conference track and field meet (NU officially joined the Big Ten last Friday).

While he won't receive scholarship money next fall, Kyle said he has a chance to work his way into a NU track scholarship in the future.

Started vaulting as a freshman

Kyle is the son of Kent Craw and Sue Barry. Dad competed in college track and field as a sprinter, and his son didn't pick up the vaulting pole until his freshman year at McCook High.

"In junior high I was trying to be a sprinter like my dad, and a long jumper," Kyle said. "I didn't quite have the speed."

Craw said he approached Bison vault coach Bill Ramsay as a freshman and asked if he could try the vault.

"Coach said, 'Yeah, give it a shot.' I started out, only went 9-6 my freshman year -- which I was proud of. It wasn't bad. I kept progressing every year, a couple feet. It just got easier and easier."

Craw's best mark as a sophomore was 12 feet even. He came back from knee surgery his junior season after tearing an ACL in football and cleared a season-best 13-0 at the 2010 Class B state meet to finish 10th, just one miss away from a medal.

Senior season goals surpassed

After a strong senior football season last fall, Craw entered his final prep track campaign with high hopes. His season goal was 14 feet, and he hit that in the very first meet of the season, the UNK Indoor at Kearney.

"This year it all kind of popped out of nowhere," Kyle said. "I went 14 feet the first meet, then a couple of not-so-good meets, then it all started going up from there."

Craw set his sights on the old Bison school record of 14 feet, 4 inches set by Trent Lyons in 2004. Kyle cleared 14 feet to clinch first place at the chilly Gothenburg Invitational, then he moved the bar to 14-4 1/4 and easily set a new school mark on his first attempt.

The next week at the Don Bader Invitational in Lexington, Craw improved his school record to 14-6. One week later at the Holdrege Invite, Craw entered the pole vault competition at 13 feet and he did not miss until a record try at 15-6.

GNAC, district champ

Craw equaled his school record with a winning vault of 15 feet even at the Greater Nebraska Athletic Conference meet at Columbus. At the Class B-6 District meet in McCook May 13, Craw claimed first place at 14-8 as the competition was held in less-than-ideal weather conditions.

At state the next weekend, Kyle couldn't match his school record, and he settled for the third-place medal with a mark of 14-8.

Craw came close several times at bettering his 15-0 school record.

"I had 15-4 at conference (GNAC at Columbus in early May), barely knocked it with my chest coming down," he said. "I'm very happy with this whole year. Just getting the school record, just a great feeling knowing that I broke it three times in a row. That was just an amazing feeling, doing that over and over again. I had high expectations for myself this year, I wanted to see how well I could do."

High flying

For anyone not familiar with track and field, pole vault competitors use a fiberglass/composite pole to propel themselves over the cross bar. Vaulters sprint down the runway, pole in hand, then plant the stick in a special box under the uprights. The pole bends and then straightens, shooting the vaulters high in the air toward the cross bar.

What comes up must come down, and after a successful jump -- or an unsuccessful attempt -- the vaulter comes down to hopefully land on his/her back on a thick mat.

Craw said the pole vault is exhilarating, soaring high in the air.

"Running down the runway, you're thinking about doing your thing, swinging through the air, trying to get as vertical as you can, then shooting off the pole," he said. "The first time I went 15 in warm-ups, I made that with the bungee cord (on the standards instead of the crossbar). It was a newer pole that I was on. I shot up over that, and I was kind of scared the first time, just because I was looking straight down into the box area. The meet came (Holdrege), I came in at 13 and didn't miss until 15-6.

"It was just a great feeling going over that high. Fifteen feet seemed kind of easy that first time. I just had a really good day, everything was on. I felt like I just flew over it. Falling through the air, watching the bar stay up there, it's a great feeling. I love it."

Bison team camaraderie

Craw and his Bison teammates had an outstanding season this past spring. A long list of athletes cracked the McCook Top 10 All-Time track and field charts, led by Kyle's school record vault. Kyle credited part of his success to the support of his teammates.

"We had all that camaraderie, we just liked to have fun and cheer each other on," he said. "We made each other better with everything we did, we talked about that. It was just a lot of fun this year, watching everybody compete and do their best, winning a lot of our big meets, bringing home those plaques, that was a lot of fun. The coaches were pretty happy. It was just a great season."

Craw also give his coach a ton of credit for his success. Kyle said Coach Ramsay was always positive in practice and in meets, always teaching, striving to make his athletes better, and always having a fun story to tell his troops.

"We always had fun, helping each other out, helping out the younger guys," Craw said.

Tough college competition

Craw will have plenty of competition at Nebraska in the coming years. In addition to the upperclassmen already on the Husker roster, the two vaulters who finished ahead of Kyle at the Class B state meet -- Craig Driver of Minden (first, 15-6) and Beau Simmons of Aurora (seond, 15-2) -- are also planning to join the NU program next year. A pair of Class A competitors that each went 15 feet-plus last spring will also join the Nebraska track team.

"It's going to be a big group, but it will be fun to compete with everybody and get to know everybody better, just work hard down there," Kyle said.

Craw, who turns 19 in August, already has his next goal set. He will aim to clear 16 feet, 6 inches -- the height required to earn a spot on the Husker track and field roster for away meets next spring.

"I know it's in my reach," he said. "I can make that next year. We'll see what happens."

He loves to fly

Kyle is combining his love of flying with summer employment. He works at the McCook Ben Nelson Regional Airport, fueling planes and helping fill chemicals in spray planes.

Craw earned his private pilot's license last summer. He has taken solo airplane trips to Crete and York in eastern Nebraska, and he has also piloted a single-engine Cherokee 180 to Colorado Springs, Colorado, accompanied by an instructor.

"I guess it's kind of ironic how I fly in pole vaulting and then in an airplane, too," Kyle said. "It's a lot of fun. I love being up in the air, that's for sure."

Craw college course plans are still up in the air, but he may be leaning toward business as a major. He also may join the ROTC program at Nebraska, and he knows that will be an ambitious challenge to go with Division I athletics and his other studies. But those are lofty challenge that the former Bison standout will certainly be ready to fly toward.

"I am looking forward to working hard to see what I can accomplish," Kyle said. "I know I have new heights to achieve. I will be receiving the (NU) summer workout soon. I am excited to work with Coach Grimes and my new teammates.

"It is a dream come true. My family has been with me every step of the way. I want to make this a great experience for all of us."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:53 pm

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.d ... EM_ID=7500

WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita State University women's track and field team has signed 17 student-athletes to National Letters of Intent to join the program for the 2011-12 season.

"We are really excited about our women's recruiting class," Steve Rainbolt, director of Shocker track and field and cross country, said. "We signed 17 athletes and are confident this group will make a significant impact on Wichita State track and field. We are always excited about what the future holds when we sign a class of newcomers.

"Some notable athletes that come to Wichita State with significant credentials are Lauren Pickens, who won 12 state championships at the high school level for Peabody High School; Cara Detmer cleared 12 feet, 6 inches in the pole vault, which is one of the best jumps ever in the state of Kansas. Jalisa Brice triple-jumped over 40 feet and will certainly be an immediate-impact athlete. The list goes on from there. We're confident this group of ladies will be the next generation of Shocker track and field champions."

The Shocker women won both the 2011 Missouri Valley Conference women's indoor and outdoor track and field titles. The Wichita State women's cross country team won its sixth-straight MVC team crown in the fall of 2010.

Cara Detmer (Wichita, Kan./Bishop Carroll HS) - One of the best pole vaulters in the history of the state of Kansas, Detmer won the Class 5A pole vault state championship both her junior and senior years. Her personal best in the event is 12-6.

Meg Loontjer (Geneva, Neb./Fillmore Central HS) - Loontjer will add significant depth to one of the best event areas on the Wichita State track and field team. She won the girls' pole vault at the 2011 Class B Nebraska state meet with a personal best mark of 11-4.

Amanda Gardner (Douglass, Kan./Douglass HS) - Gardner will complete a very talented class of incoming pole vaulters for WSU. She won the Class 3A girls' pole vault at the 2010 Kansas state meet and finished second in the event at the 2011 state meet. Her personal best is 11-0 in the pole vault.

Men:

Ethan Pearson (Emporia, Kan./Emporia HS) - Pearson will compete in the pole vault for the Shockers and will look to continue to develop after a terrific high school career. He was a Kansas state finalist in the pole vault in 2010 and 2011 and his personal best is 15-6.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 pm

http://www.joplinglobe.com/sports/x1241 ... 2-athletes

July 17, 2011
Missouri Southern track, cross country add 12 athletes
By Jim Fryar
Globe Sports Writer

Missouri Southern track and cross country coach Tom Rutledge is still trying to catch up on his recruiting from two years ago.

Judging from results the past two season, Rutledge and assistant Bryan Schiding are moving as fast as any of the Lions’ runners.

The Southern coaching staff has added another 12 athletes for the 2011-12 track and cross country seasons.

Rutledge was sidelined by injuries two years ago — back surgery and the temporary loss of his voice — and did not have a strong recruiting year.

“We got behind by a whole year,” he said. “Then we had a good recruiting class last year. We redshirted a lot of people.

“We’ve got almost everybody back and we had a pretty good year again. We filled some voids; we got some good people.”

The latest additions to the Southern roster include three distance runners, three pole vaulters, three long or triple jumpers, two throwers and one middle-distance runner.

Zach Bobbitt, a four-year letterman at Joplin, is one of the three vaulters who are expected to add to an already-strong part of the Missouri Southern team. Bobbitt was a 14-foot vaulter and an Ozark Conference champion for the Eagles. The son of Mickey Bobbett and Tracey Kelley, he plans to major in occupational therapy.

Scott Bertelli, from Claremore, Okla., is the other prep vaulter joining the Lions. Bertelli cleared 15 feet twice as a senior and finished fourth in the Oklahoma state meet.

Also signing with the Lions were pole vaulter Daniel Fair, from Broken Arrow, Okla., and sprinter Jeffrey Fraley, from Waynesville.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:39 pm

http://www.westport-news.com/news/artic ... 599605.php

Litvak prepares to pole vault for Villanova
Eliot Schickler
Published 03:50 p.m., Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weston's Kiki Litvak attempts to clear 10 feet, 6.5 inches in the girls pole vault event during the Class M track championship at the New Haven Athletic Center in New Haven, Conn. Saturday, Feb. 12, 2011. Litvak took first place in the competition. Photo: Autumn Driscoll / Connecticut Post

Her unflappable nature has landed Litvak an opportunity to pole vault for Villanova University women's track team next year.

"I'm so excited, it's a dream come true for me," Litvak said. "When I was recruited by them, I couldn't believe it because they have a great program."

Before she made contact with Villanova, Litvak made her mark scoring points for Weston, serving as captain this past year. After she initially expressed interest to the Lady Wildcats, they conveyed that the feeling was mutual and enticed her to attend the Big East school.

Other colleges that Litvak considered were UMass-Amherst, the University of Michigan and Lafayette College. In the end, Villanova won out. Meeting her perspective Lady Wildcat teammates, who made her feel like family, also swayed her to choose Villanova.

"I like the size of Villanova the most," Litvak said. "Michigan and UMass are very large while Villanova has a more intimate atmosphere. Lafayette was good but I like the atmosphere of Villanova more because it's in the city."

From the moment she joined the Lady Trojans, Litvak was one of the top scorers in the pole vault and was their ace performer in it this year. Her career personal best was 11-0. She earned All-State freshman year and kept on improving.

"Hard work and obviously, a great coaching staff," said Litvak on the key to her success. "[Weston Head Coach Matt] Medve, [pole vaulting Coach Tim] Drummond and [sprinting coach and outdoor track head boys] Coach [Lloyd] Weinstein helped me a lot. They were more than coaches and I felt I could confide in them. Also, the team became like best friends."

Looking at the 5-2 Litvak, few would guess that the pole vault is her specialty. According to Drummond, she's the smallest competitor in the event at most meets. In the end, she overcomes her lack of height through her pluckiness.

"Kiki works hard to get to where she is," Drummond said. "With the pole vault being what it is, her height is a disadvantage and she has a lot to overcome."

Being a former gymnast was instrumental in Litvak's success in the pole vault. For 10 years, starting at age 4, gymnastics was her life. She competed for Arena Gymnastics in Stamford and won many medals for her stellar performance on the mat.

Competing for Arena became daunting for Litvak in the latter stages of her tenure there and she ended up retiring from gymnastics. Giving up the sport that was her identity back then wasn't easy.

"When it ended, I felt my whole world ended, but I wouldn't be where I am today [if I stayed in gymnastics] and I'm grateful to everyone who supported me in track," Litvak recalled. "They got me to love track and made it special for me. At the time [I left gymnastics], I was devastated, but it turned out to be the best decision for me."

Medve knew from the start she'd be a natural in the pole vault.

"I had a lot of success on the track and I love it, so I gave it a try," Litvak recalled. "I like how the pole vault is independent and it takes speed, coordination, body awareness and the combination has a lot to do with gymnastics. I miss gymnastics but it's a nice transition for me. It's my passion and I love it."

One thing Litvak relishes about the pole vault is her ability to challenge herself in it. She always strives to improve and sets goals based on previous performances.

"A lot of it is focus, hard work and determination," Litvak said. "There's no limit to how far I can go, which I find exciting. You have to be in the right place and you have to be confident and aggressive. You have to be committed to the jump because if you're tentative, it will go wrong."

Being a captain was a natural fit for Litvak, who mostly led by example through her work ethic. She also guided her teammates verbally.

"It's a very fulfilling experience I loved and it's something I'll always carry with me," Litvak said.

Academically, she took AP and honors courses. Spanish is her favorite subject.

"I tried to stay focused on my main goals," Litvak said. "I didn't go to parties all the time and I did homework on the weekends."

At Villanova, Litvak knows she'll have to raise her performance a few notches. Her goal for now is to leap 12-0.

"It will take a lot of hard work but I'm willing to put in the time and effort," Litvak said.

Drummond said, "I'm looking forward to see Kiki in college. Of all the athletes I've coached, she has the best work ethic."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:33 am

http://www.standard.net/stories/2011/07 ... oach-added

Weber State women's track signs seven; coach added

By Staff
Standard-Examiner
Wed, 07/27/2011 - 10:16pm
Images

OGDEN -- Weber State women's track and field coach Jim Blaisdell has announced the signing of seven athletes to join the Wildcats. Four of the athletes come from Utah.

The group includes Kaity Carlson, Elisa Isakson, Ashley Kealamakia, Lindsey McFarland, Lauren Navidomskis, Caitlin Paulsen and Amanda Ward. All seven will be a part of the WSU team for the 2011-12 season.

"We are very excited for this incoming class," Blaisdell said. This is a group of very outstanding athletes who can come in and help us immediately. This group, along with last year's freshman class, will help build a strong foundation for our program."

Carlson (West Jordan) was the runner-up in the state meet in the 300-meter hurdles last season, posting a career-best time of 44.65. Isakson (Highlands Ranch, Colo) was the top scorer on her team as a junior and senior, finishing second in the state in the pole vault as a senior. Isakson has career-best marks of 11-6 in the pole vault and 57.78 in the 400 meters.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 pm

http://www.wcti12.com/sports/28697412/detail.html

ECU: Track And Field Announces 2011 SigneesEmailPrint
AAA
Text Size
GREENVILLE, N.C. - Brandon Dunford, Kyle Hefkin, Tevin Richardson, Dylan Spadaccini, Erin McGuirk, Kayla Padgett, Kaylee Redon and Krista Vincent have signed national letters-of-intent while Quinton Harley and Sunni Massop have completed grant-in-aid agreements to compete for and attend East Carolina University beginning in the fall, according to an announcement from head coach Curt Kraft.
The group consists of eight incoming freshmen and two transfer athletes - one of which earned All-America status at the NCAA Division II level last season.

Dylan Spadaccini, Freshman, Multi Events, Matawan HS, Matawan, N.J.
Spaddacini earned a plethora of accolades this season, including pole vault championships in the New Jersey Group 2 and 3, North Shore Conference and Monmouth County meets. He then finished third at the New Jersey Meet of Champions. Spadaccini also excels in the 110 and 400-meter hurdles, sporting personal-best times of 15.98 and 56.01 respectively.
Kraft on Spadaccini: "Dylan is a good all-around athlete. Pole vault is his specialty, but he is the kind of kid that will jump in and do whatever it takes to win any event. That is exactly what he did for his high school program. Combine that versatility with his passion for the sport and you have the makings of a highly-competitive decathlete."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

http://rapidcityjournal.com/thechadronn ... 002e0.html

Area standouts among CSC female track, field recruits
Story
Discussion
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:31 pm | (0) Comments
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Aria Hughes of Hay Springs, shown long jumping at the Panhandle Conference Meet this spring, is one of 10 recent high school graduates who is joining the Chadron State women’s track and field team. She won the Class D long jump at the Nebraska State Meet as both a junior and a senior and earned 12 medals in state competition during her career.
Three standouts from the area and teammates from Akron, Colo., where they experienced lots of success are among the women who will be joining the Chadron State College track and field team this year, Coach Ryan Baily has announced.
Baily said each of the recruits has the potential to help the CSC women’s team continue its improvement. The Lady Eagles climbed from sixth place in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference’s outdoor meet standings a year ago to second place this year.
The recruits from northwest Nebraska are Aria Hughes of Hay Springs, Brittany Fowler of Gordon-Rushville and Jayme Nunes of Alliance.

Baily said Josey Pehringer of Cody, Wyo., has outstanding potential as a multi-events athlete. She cleared 11-3 in the pole vault last spring and has also triple jumped 34-51/2 and long jumped 16-9. She placed third in the long jump and fifth in the triple jump in Class 3A at the Wyoming State Meet this spring.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:15 am

http://boxscorenews.com/eastern-washing ... 476-68.htm

The Eastern Washington University track and field team will feature a handful of talented newcomers for the 2011-12 school year.

Nick Stearns - Hurdles/Pole Vault - HS - Pahrump, Nev. (Pahrump Valley HS ’11)
Nick Stearns ended his high school career at the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association 4A State Championships, where he had a personal-record time of 14.77 in the 110-meter hurdles to win the event. In the same meet, Stearns finished in a first-place tie in the pole vault with a jump of 15-6. The Pahrump, Nev., native was named to Nevada’s Academic All-State team. Stearns also ran a 40.85 in the 300-meter hurdles, a personal best, in 2011. He plans to major in biochemistry.

Barto
PV Great

Unread postby Barto » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Ashley Pfantz of Deridder, LA to Southeastern Louisiana University
Louisiana 4A State Champ, 5th Place New Balance High School Nationals
PR 12'6"
Facts, Not Fiction

vaultwest
PV Whiz
Expertise: college coach, masters vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.70m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaultwest » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Incoming freshman vaulters for Lane Community College.
Lady Vaulters
Tiffanie Nyssen, Barlow HS, PR - 11'; Third Place 6A, 2011 State Meet
Janelle Noga, Mountain View HS, PR - 9'6"

Men Vaulters
Anthony Huffman, Forest Grove HS, PR - 14'10"; lost senior season to injury, Third Place 6A, 2010 State Meet
Erik Jorgensen, Summit HS, PR - 14'8"; State Champion 5A, 2011 State Meet
Connor White, La Grande HS, PR - 14'7"; Sixth Place 4A, 2011 State Meet
Evan Bassford, Summit HS, PR - 14'6"; Second Place 5A, 2011 State Meet
Joe Keenan-Tasker, Philomath HS, PR - 14'6"; Third Place 4A, 2011 State Meet
Tyler Funk, Culver HS, PR - 14'1"; State Champion 2A, 2011 State Meet
Dominic Darwin, Pendleton HS, PR - 13'9"; Third Place 5A, 2011 State Meet
Jason Fegles, Reedsport HS, PR 13'3": Lost senior season to injury, Second Place 2A, 2010 State Meet

Vault On

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:10 pm

http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/sports ... 11aab.html

USAF ACADEMY, Colo. – Highlighted by the addition of the nation's top high school javelin thrower, Air Force track and field head coach Ralph Lindeman announced the 16 members of the women's Class of 2015. The newest members of the roster also include six state champions.

The top high school javelin thrower in the nation, Christine Kirkwood (Othello, Wash.), is a three-time Washington 2A state champion, the state's all-time record holder at 173'9" and the 2A state championship meet record holder at 167'9".

"Christine is maybe the most talented female we have ever recruited," Lindeman commented. "She could be a finalist in the NCAA Championships as a freshman."

Wren Bonner (Whitney, Texas) brings a trio of top-three finishes at the Texas 2A state championships to the Falcons' roster. She was the state champion in the long jump (18'5 1/2"), runner-up in the pole vault (11'9") and third-place finisher in the 100-meter hurdles (14.98) as a senior.

"Wren is a multi-talented athlete who can help out our team in several areas," Lindeman said of the vaulter that cleared the 13-foot mark as a sophomore. "She is the best pole vaulter we've ever recruited."

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”