ForeignExchange/16y.o. German vaulter needs host family!

News about national level high school pole vaulting, pole vaulters, rules, etc. Things that are of local interest only should go in the regional forums below. High schoolers wanting to chat should go to the High School Lounge.

Moderators: Robert schmitt, Russ

International Exchange
PV Newbie

ForeignExchange/16y.o. German vaulter needs host family!

Unread postby International Exchange » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:28 pm

I am a volunteer with a foreign exchange organization. We have 15-18 year old high school students come to America for a high school year.
"Chris", a 16 year old boy from Germany is coming for the 2005-06 school year and would like to continue pole vaulting. He vaults over 14 feet and runs 100 meters (110yds) in 11.5 seconds.
More importantly he is a GREAT kid who is looking for a caring family to share his cultural exchange with. He has 3 siblings and many friends. I am his International Exchange Coordinator, but having a difficult time finding a great family with a high school offering pole vaulting in Rhode Island.
Would love to keep him in New England, but more important is to find him a great family.
Any ideas?? PLEASE respond!!!
Thanks
EF Foundation for Foreign Study brings teenagers from 28 countries to experience life in the USA. Looking for host families for these great kids!

KEELANMARY
PV Newbie

Unread postby KEELANMARY » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:02 pm

I live in Newport, RI and we have pole vaulting at my school, but only for the outdoor season. We have a vaulting coach who is pretty good and does anything for his athletes. So if you can find a host family in Newport, he'd be able to vault during the spring. Good luck!

International Exchange
PV Newbie

Thanks Keelanmary

Unread postby International Exchange » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:00 pm

I appreciate the input...Newport would be GREAT...it is the host family I need! If you know of a contact at the school let me know. I know he would help your track team and be a GREAT addition to your school!!
EF Foundation for Foreign Study brings teenagers from 28 countries to experience life in the USA. Looking for host families for these great kids!

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:07 pm

How soon would you need a decision?
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

WOW

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:43 pm

This is so great to see the PV community think of ways to help their own.
I applaud the efforts and interest.
Bruce
I love the PV, it is in my DNA

International Exchange
PV Newbie

Foreign Exchange

Unread postby International Exchange » Mon May 16, 2005 10:03 pm

Looking for host families for upcoming high school year great kids...Germany, Sweden, Venezuela....great athletes...track and field! Any ideas????

vaultmom
PV Fan

Unread postby vaultmom » Tue May 17, 2005 11:21 pm

we have had exchange students in our home before, from japan and Australia before. We have a great track program at the HS and it is close to the college. Hubby is a track coach and my Son who is at BYU as a vaulter was a 16+ footer in HS , vaulting now in college. The HS is 1/2 from our house, the college track is 1 mile away and both have excellent pits and pole selection etc. We would be interested in learning more about being the host family . We are in Utah . Language would not be a problem. You can email me if you wish to discuss this further.
Bob's Mom
Raise the bar

Return to “Pole Vault - High School”