Raised Runway Contractor Wanted

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rickcummins
PV Newbie
Expertise: College Coach
Lifetime Best: na
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: my current best team member

Raised Runway Contractor Wanted

Unread postby rickcummins » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 am

We are looking for a company that builds/sells raised runways for indoor pole vaulting and long/triple jump use. We need to purchase from a vendor to ensure that liability/insurance issues will be met. Does anyone know of a contractor or vendor that sells pre-made raised runways? You can e-mail me directly at rickcummins@wayne.edu.

Thank you,

Rick Cummins, Head Coach
Wayne State University
Women's Track & Field / MW Cross Country

botakatobi
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former vaulter. College, HS and elite coach. Master level USATF official
Lifetime Best: 15'1"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Seagren, Davies, Meadows, Rand

Re: Raised Runway Contractor Wanted

Unread postby botakatobi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 am

Ensure anyone you use has liability insurance. A licensed contractor with insurance would be a possible choice to build your runways.

superpipe
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, Club Coach, High School Coach, Parent
Favorite Vaulter: Who else, Bubka.

Re: Raised Runway Contractor Wanted

Unread postby superpipe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:33 pm

I understand your liability issue, but just because they are a licensed contractor with liability insurance doesn't mean they will build you a quality runway. Would a contractor even understand how to brace the plant box? If they use nails, which most probably would, kiss that runway good by pretty quick, especially if you have to move it. I went nuts on building a great portable, near indestructible, raised wooden runway 1 1/2 years ago myself. I finally started making the plans for building it, but I do have some great pics of my build process I've been giving coaches across the country. I even had 2 sections of my runway fall 6' inside a truck on their sides and you wouldn't even know it. It was an accident of course. I built it to last and went crazy painting it and stenciling every 6". The white line defining the runway width is "loop" velcro strip. I made flat plastic runway markers with "hook" velcro for vaulters to use. How many times have you ever had a marker get "kicked" or moved and didn't realize it until your last minute bail out? no more "kicked" markers with what I did. Anyway, here's some pics of my runway. We setup the 104' runway and tore it down every practice for 1 1/2 years. It's now installed permanently in-ground at my house where I had to move my club. Sections are heavy, but sturdy. Let me know if you want more detailed pics of how I built the runway. I have a large library of pics from the build process.

http://www.mansfieldathletics.com/pole_ ... unway.html

A few more pics of the design are on our club facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 8adb1123e8
Chris Mitchell
MitchellPro Vault Club

Return to “Sales Forum”