Desperate to buy/rent in New York

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

always_ambitious
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 12'6
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Lawrence Johnson

Desperate to buy/rent in New York

Unread postby always_ambitious » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi, I am looking to rent, but I will buy if the price is right. I'm located about 15 miles north of New York City. Just so you know, I am a high school vaulter, but the poles would be for me, not for my school. I have no vault-specific coach at my school, and my head coach has not been helpful in getting poles suitable for me, so I have turned to this forum.
I need:
13' 165 or 170
13'6 160 or 165
I have almost nothing to work with at my school, and I currently go around begging to borrow poles at meets, so I am willing to work slightly outside of this range, if that is all you have to offer. Any help that you can give is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by always_ambitious on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vquestpvc
PV Whiz
Expertise: 30 years
Favorite Vaulter: Stacy Dragilia

Re: Desperate to buy/rent in New York

Unread postby vquestpvc » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Outside the city where? The Hudson Valley Flying Circus Pole Vault Club is located North of the City in Goshen, NY. They actually rent poles, but not sure if it is for members only. You can look them up online of course and contact Tim (owner) and ask.

always_ambitious
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 12'6
Favorite Vaulter: Lawrence Johnson

Unread postby always_ambitious » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks for such a quick response. I go there as often as possible, and I already asked him. He has loaned out everything that he can this season

GasPasser
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former HS vaulter - now 55-59YO Masters vaulter, and part-time coach
Lifetime Best: 13'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby GasPasser » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 pm

There are a couple of sellers with poles in PA that are selling on this Forum, but you'll have to be willing to accept older poles. They may have something your size. There are not a lot of used poles for sale in our part of the country.

This one is about 3hrs drive from you: "used poles for sale."
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28463

This one is less than 2 hrs: "Used Poles for sale Eastern Pennsylvania"
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27703

There is a 3rd seller in PA, but he doesn't answer PM's, emails, texts, or phone calls. "Used Poles For Sale - PA - Local Pickup Only"

Some of the NJ vaulting clubs rent poles, but it's not cheap. I think you are better off buying used, even if the poles are older.

Good luck!

coachcortazzo
PV Newbie

Unread postby coachcortazzo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:02 am

I have a brand new 13'7" 170 UCS that I had custome made using their S glass. The flex is 18.2 and it has a smaller diameter so it is very easy to grip. Recently had shoulder surgery and had to move to a lighter carbon. The pole is 1 year old and has only been jumped on at maybe 5 sessions. Also have a 14'1" 165 same design 17.1 flex. I'm in north NJ.

Return to “Sales Forum”