Beginner to Bubka

Got something for sale? Looking to buy something? Post it here, but make sure to read the rules first!

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:37 am

If it is allowed, I would like to advertise "From beginner to Bubka -an Australian approach to developing pole vaulters". The contents page can be seen on beginnertobubka.net/com - along with some articles which take the concepts in the book a little further. However the contents page will show that the book attempts to cover many of the issues which are raised on PolevaultPower.

In the US it can be obtained from Ron Morris - 1960 Olympic Silver medallist in the vault - at Ontrack in Burbank, Ca or from Sean Brown - allround nice guy - at Neovault.

Thought for the day: "Wisdom can come from any place, from any time in history and in any language".
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

USMC Vaulter
PV Pro

Unread postby USMC Vaulter » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:17 am

I think everyone here who has read it will agree - it is an excellent book. It provides a systematic approach to coaching the vault as well as dispelling many myths that young vaulters and coaches may have fallen victim to. The explanations are simple enough to understand even without the detailed diagrams which make things even more clear. I dont think I could praise the book enough (I just wish it was around when I first started to vault).
Highly suggested to all. :yes:
Matthew Savini
DCHS Vault Coach
www.HighVaultage.com

vaultmom
PV Fan

Beginner to BUbka

Unread postby vaultmom » Sat May 14, 2005 11:39 am

Yes I agree and have posted on other threads about the value of this book. My Daughter who coaches HS vaulters in So CAlif has been using it exclusively with her beginners this year and has found it extremely helpful as well as here in Utah we have been using it with the high school vaulters we coach. ALan did a fabo job on it and I know Alan will be here in the states this early summer to do some clinics ( see the summer camps thread).
Bob's Mom
Raise the bar

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Sun May 15, 2005 10:50 pm

Got mine in the mail from Bubba Sparks. www.bubbapv.com if the other guys are out. So far I'm likin' what I see. Later...Mike

agapit
PV Follower

Unread postby agapit » Mon May 16, 2005 12:02 am

souleman wrote:Got mine in the mail from Bubba Sparks. www.bubbapv.com if the other guys are out. So far I'm likin' what I see. Later...Mike

Simply recomend
there is no spoon... www.m640.com

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Mon May 16, 2005 1:08 am

Agapit - Your cheque is in the mail. :D :D :D

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Mon May 16, 2005 3:55 pm

Sorry Altius, It's just I got an e-mail from Bubba with something mentioned that he would do all he could to sell your book. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. In the future maybe I might consider listening to what Kevin has to say. (that's a "had to be there thing"). If I'm perceiving yours and agipits' entries corectly (sometimes you have to hit me between the eyes with a 2 X 4 to get my attention) I've got a couple of choices to make. 1) send Bubba the check and finish reading the book, or 2) send the book back to Bubba. In fact here's what's on his website, Co-written by the famed Australian coach, Alan Launder (photo above left @ the 1996 Olympics), this is the absolute best book I have ever read on the sport we love. Videos & DVDs are great entertainment (I have them all) but we grew up on books by Dick Ganslen (Mechanics of the Pole Vault) & Bruce Caldwell (The Elusive Bar). I'm on my 2nd time reading Alan's book & I'm blown away at the simplicity, logic & practical direction this books offers. Email me to order as 100% of the funds go to Alan to bring him to the US this summer. For $30 you can't afford not to have this insight and understanding! You won't regret it!! Bubba Later.......Mike

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Tue May 17, 2005 4:33 am

No worries mate! ie donewuryabowdit. Bubba always was a hustler - send him the money and eventually i will get it. Please note I wrote the book - so have to take full responsibility for all mistakes of fact or opinion in it. My good friend John Gormley did the illustrations- and tried to get me to write something twice as long -to cover all of the minute detail i am sure you aficionados are now picking apart!

Hope you get something from it. Unfortunately as is always the case the people who really need to read it will never know it exists, Remember it is only a 'working fiction'. ;)

souleman
PV Lover

Unread postby souleman » Tue May 17, 2005 9:13 am

I know you wrote the book. It is amazing how many "biggies in the vautin' business" frequent this forum. I'm countin' on your book to show me all of the stuff I missed from 1970 to now. I'm sure it will be my number 1 resource for working with young vaulters if I'm fortunate enough to get into a position to coach. Bubba says it's the best, I believe Bubba. Later.............Mike

SKOT
PV Pro

Unread postby SKOT » Mon May 30, 2005 11:42 pm

my friend bought From Beginner to Bubka at Reno this year after hearing the author and Viatli (spell check please) Petrov talk. i have read the book twice through now and i it is a tremendous resource to just about anyone in the pole vault world.if you have not read it, get it and read it! you wont be disappointed!

Return to “Sales Forum”