I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: College coaching changes 2010-2011

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:50 pm

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/201 ... tigerextra

Former MU All-American Jennifer Hampton has joined the Tigers’ track program as a volunteer assistant in the pole vault. Hampton, formerly Jennifer Bennett, won a Big 12 title in 2003 and holds the school record in the indoor and outdoor pole vaults

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 pm

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2010/9/15 ... 02924.aspx

YPSILANTI, Mich. (EMUEagles.com) – The Eastern Michigan University Women's Cross Country Head Coach Sue Parks has added two new faces to the 2010 coaching staff. Jerel Langley and R.P. White will join the Eagles this season.

Langley was previously at Kennesaw State. In his two years there, he served as the recruiting coordinator as well as direct coach for the multis, pole vault and javelin. Between 2009 and 2010, Langley coached 15 All-Atlantic Sun performers, saw 12 school records broken, and had five conference champions respectively. Langley also saw 15 Atlantic Sun All-Academic members under his guidance. In the 2010 season, Langley was a part of a KSU men's program that captured the Atlantic Sun Triple Crown. Parks hopes that his success will make an immediate impact at EMU.

“Jerel's expertise in the throws and pole vault will give us a big recruiting and coaching boost in those events areas,” said Parks. “We know that we need more production in the field events to compete with the top teams in the Mid-American Conference, and adding another full-time coach to recruit and coach is huge for us. He comes from a coaching family and is a proven coach and recruiter. We are excited to have him on board as we continue to work towards winning a MAC title.”

Originally from Cumming, Ga., Langley attended Roswell High School before ultimately graduating from North Forsyth. He attended Gardner-Webb University in North Carolina, where he graduated with a degree in Sports Management, and competed on the Track and Field team. Although he began his career as a Decathlete, he switched his focus to Javelin during his junior year.

While at Gardner-Webb, Langley was a two-time East Regional qualifier and finalist in the javelin, named to the 2008 All-East Region team, was a three time Atlantic Sun Conference Champion, and a 2008 Academic All-American.

In addition to being a certified Level I Track and Field Coach, Langley comes from a family of coaches, with his brother Josh coaching at UNC-Chapel Hill, while his father is a high school coach in Georgia.

fieldcoachrjl
PV Newbie

Unread postby fieldcoachrjl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Congrats to the little brother on his new job. He did a great job recruiting at KSU and will continue that up at EMU. Just try to stay warm in that great indoor facility you have there.
JL

PV Official
PV Nerd
Expertise: USATF Master Official

Unread postby PV Official » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:30 pm

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/c ... 10aaa.html

Track and Field Adds Expertise to Coaching Staff
Russ Buller, Dana Ellis-Buller Added to Green Wave Staff

Sept. 21, 2010

NEW ORLEANS - Tulane's Director of track and field and cross country Eric Peterson announced Tuesday the addition of Russ Buller and Dana Ellis-Buller to the programs coaching staff. Russ and Dana have an extensive background in the sport of track and field and have experienced a high level of success in their respective competitive careers.

"I am thrilled to add Russ and Dana to our coaching staff," said Peterson. "They have an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience to impart on our student-athletes. Russ has been serving as our program's strength and conditioning coach since the fall of 2009 and I have had the pleasure of observing his coaching style and he has an innate ability to relate well to out student-athletes. He has great energy and enthusiasm for coaching and is very excited to get back into track & field.

Russ brings outstanding competitive credentials to the staff as a collegiate athlete and an international competitor. As a student-athlete at LSU from 1997-2000, Buller set the Tigers Indoor (5.80m) and Outdoor (5.71m), both records that still stand today. He was a six-time SEC pole vault champion and earned All-American honors five times during his days in Baton Rouge.

After becoming just the second pole vaulter to ever to clear 18-feet at the Penn Relays during his college days, he began his professional career and ranked among the USA elite pole vaulters from 2000-2008. He was ranked as high as the #3 vaulter in the USA during the 2006 calendar year, winning the USA Outdoor Championship over reigning Olympic silver medalist Toby Stevenson with a vault of 5.80-meters.

"Dana is working through her Tulane Medical School Internship and is training to qualify for the 2012 Canadian Olympic team," said Peterson. "She has offered to assist Russ in working with our athletes and I am very excited to begin working with these two talented coaches immediately."

Dana, who is Russ' wife, was a gymnast on the Canadian National team before taking up pole vault fulltime in 2000. Since then, Buller has placed among the top-six at numerous international events, won a pair of Canadian National Championships and competed at the 28th Olympiad in Athens, Greece.
Ellis-Buller held the Canadian National record in the indoor and outdoor pole vault from 2000-2008 and claimed the Canadian National Championship during the 2004 and 2005 competition seasons. In 2004, Ellis-Buller traveled to Athens to take part in the 2004 Summer Olympics and with a height of 4.40-meters, placed sixth. Her last international victory came during the 2008 competition slate when she was victorious at the IAAF Grand Prix in Osaka, Japan.

--TulaneGreenWave.com--

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:13 pm

http://boxscorenews.com/oscar-duncan-na ... 194-68.htm

Oscar Duncan Named Assistant Track & Field Coach

Northern Arizona University
October 26, 2010

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Director of Track & Field and Cross Country Eric Heins announced Tuesday that Oscar Duncan has joined the track and field staff at Northern Arizona. Duncan, who is replacing former coach Mohamad Saatara, will oversee the throws, pole vault and multi-event areas.

“I feel really excited to have someone like Oscar on staff,” Heins said. “Throughout the interview process he showed us what a great person and coach he was. His enthusiasm and experiences fit in well with what his job here at NAU entails.”

“I think he is going to bring a great amount of excitement to the event groups that he will be working with, and he will be able to relate well to the athletes,” Heins said.

Duncan arrives in Flagstaff after spending four years at Division III Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, where he served as the throws, jumps, multi-events and sprints coach for both the men’s and women’s programs.

The Division I opportunity has Duncan energized for his future at NAU.

“My family and I are thoroughly excited to be able to come to Flagstaff and have this opportunity,” Duncan said. “They have a great tradition here in this program and have been competitive every year within the Big Sky.”

“We have a lot of great talent already here, and I want to keep recruiting some of the top talent in the country, as well as abroad,” Duncan said. “I also want to continue guiding athletes to the national championship events.”

In 2010, Duncan coached athletes to NCAA Division III qualifying marks in the women’s long jump, triple jump, pentathlon, hurdles and men’s javelin. Duncan’s athletes also broke numerous school records from 2006-10 in the indoor and outdoor shot put, long jump, triple jump, hurdles and weight throw.

Before coaching at Bowdoin, Duncan worked at Boise State from 2002-06 where he served as the Athletics Academic Counselor, Tutorial Coordinator and as a university instructor.

Duncan also enjoyed success as a professional athlete, competing at the U.S. Track and Field Championships from 1999-04. In 2002 and 2003, Duncan placed fourth and seventh, respectively, in the javelin at the U.S. Championships. Working towards the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Duncan finished sixth overall at the 2000 USA Olympic Trails. He won the 1999 bronze medal at the 1999 USA Track and Field National Championships, and was a member of the U.S. World Championships and Pan-American Games teams that same year.

In 1997, Duncan graduated from the University of Idaho with a bachelor’s degree in sports science/corporate wellness. He obtained his master’s of education in physical education in 2000.

Duncan put together an impressive student-athlete résumé while competing at Idaho. He was a three-time NCAA All-American, and two-time Big West Champion in the javelin. In 1996, Duncan broke the Big Sky javelin record with a throw of 238 feet, six inches, in route to an 11th-place finish at the outdoor championships.

A native of South Orange, N. J., Duncan is joined in Flagstaff by his wife, Nicole, and five daughters, Tañia, Aaliyah, Keeli, Jasmine and Celeste.

BritDawg
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, Current Vaulter

Unread postby BritDawg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm coaching the vaulters at Trinity University in San Antonio, TX as of this year.
Isaiah 40:31

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Trinity chose a great coach, way to go Brit.
compete and jump safe, have fun

BritDawg
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Former College Vaulter, Current Vaulter

Unread postby BritDawg » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks, Brian!
Isaiah 40:31

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 am

http://boxscorenews.com/oscar-duncan-na ... 194-68.htm

Oscar Duncan Named Assistant Track & Field Coach

Northern Arizona University
October 26, 2010

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Director of Track & Field and Cross Country Eric Heins announced Tuesday that Oscar Duncan has joined the track and field staff at Northern Arizona. Duncan, who is replacing former coach Mohamad Saatara, will oversee the throws, pole vault and multi-event areas.

“I feel really excited to have someone like Oscar on staff,” Heins said. “Throughout the interview process he showed us what a great person and coach he was. His enthusiasm and experiences fit in well with what his job here at NAU entails.”

“I think he is going to bring a great amount of excitement to the event groups that he will be working with, and he will be able to relate well to the athletes,” Heins said.

Duncan arrives in Flagstaff after spending four years at Division III Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, where he served as the throws, jumps, multi-events and sprints coach for both the men’s and women’s programs.

The Division I opportunity has Duncan energized for his future at NAU.

“My family and I are thoroughly excited to be able to come to Flagstaff and have this opportunity,” Duncan said. “They have a great tradition here in this program and have been competitive every year within the Big Sky.”

“We have a lot of great talent already here, and I want to keep recruiting some of the top talent in the country, as well as abroad,” Duncan said. “I also want to continue guiding athletes to the national championship events.”

In 2010, Duncan coached athletes to NCAA Division III qualifying marks in the women’s long jump, triple jump, pentathlon, hurdles and men’s javelin. Duncan’s athletes also broke numerous school records from 2006-10 in the indoor and outdoor shot put, long jump, triple jump, hurdles and weight throw.

Before coaching at Bowdoin, Duncan worked at Boise State from 2002-06 where he served as the Athletics Academic Counselor, Tutorial Coordinator and as a university instructor.

Duncan also enjoyed success as a professional athlete, competing at the U.S. Track and Field Championships from 1999-04. In 2002 and 2003, Duncan placed fourth and seventh, respectively, in the javelin at the U.S. Championships. Working towards the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Duncan finished sixth overall at the 2000 USA Olympic Trails. He won the 1999 bronze medal at the 1999 USA Track and Field National Championships, and was a member of the U.S. World Championships and Pan-American Games teams that same year.

In 1997, Duncan graduated from the University of Idaho with a bachelor’s degree in sports science/corporate wellness. He obtained his master’s of education in physical education in 2000.

Duncan put together an impressive student-athlete résumé while competing at Idaho. He was a three-time NCAA All-American, and two-time Big West Champion in the javelin. In 1996, Duncan broke the Big Sky javelin record with a throw of 238 feet, six inches, in route to an 11th-place finish at the outdoor championships.

A native of South Orange, N. J., Duncan is joined in Flagstaff by his wife, Nicole, and five daughters, Tañia, Aaliyah, Keeli, Jasmine and Celeste.

ECJ1
PV Newbie
Expertise: OFFICIAL
Lifetime Best: 0
Favorite Vaulter: JENN SHUR

Unread postby ECJ1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 am

After an outstanding collegiate career, Tiffany Maskulinski joins the UB coaching staff for her first season, specializing in the pole vault.
Maskulinski concluded her final year of eligibility in 2010 by making her second straight trip to the NCAA Championships in the pole vault. Maskulinski, who won the Mid-American Conference title in the event, was the only competitor to clear 13-4.50 (4.08m) in the event. At the NCAA East Preliminary Round, Maskulinski was one of seven athletes to clear 13-1.50 (4.00m). Maskulinski was also honored as a member of the Indoor and Outdoor Academic All-MAC Teams and was named to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District Second Team.
A Western New York native, Maskulinski graduated from Iroquois High School. As a scholastic vaulter, she set the national high school records in the indoor (13-5.25, 4.10m) and outdoor (14-0, 4.27m) vaults. Maskulinski was the third US junior woman to clear 14 feet.

walkerpv
PV Newbie
Expertise: current college vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.30

Unread postby walkerpv » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:40 am

by rainbowgirl28 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:56 pm

I hear Derek Mackel has gone from New Mexico to North Texas.

Any word on who is replacing him at New Mexico?

We will still have Rodney Zuyderwy. He came from Purdue last year

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:34 pm

http://www.observertoday.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5010

Wilson named interim coach
January 11, 2011

Save | Post a comment |
Assistant coach Tom Wilson has been promoted to interim head coach of Fredonia State track and field and cross country, effective immediately, the university announced today.

A Fredonia State alumnus, Wilson has been the coach of the Blue Devil pole vaulters since the winter of 2002, first as a volunteer assistant, and eventually as a paid assistant. He has coached the current Fredonia State women's record holder, Erin Ross, and three men on the current team - Broncho Rollins, Cody Dahleiden, and Greg Craft - who have vaulted onto the program's Top 10 list.

During his coaching tenure, Wilson has built up the pole-vaulting portion of the team from one women's vaulter his first season to a current stable of 10 men and women.

"I am pleased to announce the hiring of Tom Wilson as Interim Head Coach of track and cross country," Fredonia State Director of Athletics Greg Prechtl said. "Tom's background as a collegiate decathlete and his familiarity with our program, both an athlete and an assistant coach, uniquely prepares him for the challenges he and his staff will face in moving our program forward. An NJCAA All-American at Alfred State and an All-SUNYAC performer at Fredonia, Tom understands what it takes to compete and succeed. Tom is extremely knowledgeable, hardworking, and committed to the goals of the university. He will bring out the best in those he recruits to Fredonia."

A 1998 graduate of Niagara-Wheatfield High School, Wilson attended Alfred State College and competed in cross country and track and field. He served as captain on both teams and was also a major contributor to both. An all-around athlete, he was an integral member of Alfred State's 2000 track and field team that won both the National Junior College Athletic Association Region III championship and the NJCAA national championship. He twice won the NJCAA Region III pole vault title in addition to one Region III decathlon title. In 2000, Wilson won the NJCAA pole vault championship and earned All-American honors in the 800 meters, the 4x800 meter relay, and the decathlon.

He transferred to Fredonia State and was a member of the track and field team for two seasons. After missing much of his junior season with an injury, he returned as a senior to win the SUNYAC indoor and outdoor pole vault titles and finished second at the New York State Collegiate Track & Field Association indoor and outdoor meets. He finished 25th nationally in the event and is the holder of the second-best vault in program history. He also finished sixth in the SUNYAC 800 meters both indoors and outdoors.

Wilson has also won pole-vaulting awards while competing in the Empire State Games.

He replaces Mike Garger, who resigned last month. Full-time assistant coaches Justin McQuality and Deshaya Williams will remain on Wilson's coaching staff.

Return to “Pole Vault - College”