Expertise: College Coach
Lifetime Best: 4.60
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sergei Bubka

Bertoli Added to UNI Track & Field Coaching Staff

Unread postby Steeleboy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Bertoli Added to UNI Track & Field Coaching Staff
http://www.unipanthers.com/sports/c-track/spec-rel/071911aac.html
Bertoli served as an assistant coach at Troy University and was an All-MVC performer as a student-athlete at Indiana State.

University of Northern Iowa head track & field coach Dan Steele has announced the addition of Anthony Bertoli to his staff as an assistant coach. Bertoli comes to UNI from Troy University, where he served as an assistant coach for the past year. At UNI, Bertoli will oversee the men's and women's horizontal jumps and assist with the pole vault and multi-events.

While at Troy, Bertoli also worked with the horizontal jumps, pole vault and multi-event athletes. During the 2009-10 season, he served as a volunteer assistant coach at Indiana State University. He competed as a student-athlete at Indiana State from 2005-09.

"I am very excited about joining the UNI family," Bertoli stated. "Having competed in the Missouri Valley myself, I know the history and pride that come with UNI Track & Field and I am anxious to be a part of those traditions."

"I'm grateful for the opportunity to work under head coach Dan Steele, and I look forward to learning from UNI's already incredible staff and helping the Panthers rise to dominance in the MVC once more."

"We are so excited to bring Coach Bertoli into our program," noted Steele. "Coaches with his level of passion and work ethic are game-changers. With his elite-level coaching, tireless recruiting and administrative expertise, I think he will make an immediate impact on our program."

Bertoli is a certified track & field technical coach by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) and is also recognized as a certified Level I coach and Level II jumps coach by USA Track & Field. He was selected as one of 16 total coaches in the nation to attend the USATF Emerging Elite Coaches Camp in June 2011 and was one of nine coaches to attend the multi-events portion of the camp in 2010.

Bertoli graduated from Indiana State in 2009 with a degree in exercise science. As a student-athlete for the Sycamores, he earned All-Missouri Valley Conference honors in the decathlon in 2009 and provisionally qualified for the NCAA Championships in 2008. Bertoli also qualified for the 2009 NCAA Mid-East Regional in the 400m hurdles, and he holds the ISU school record in the indoor heptathlon.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Bertoli Added to UNI Track & Field Coaching Staff

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 pm

:yes:

zipsDIGSpv
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach

Re: Bertoli Added to UNI Track & Field Coaching Staff

Unread postby zipsDIGSpv » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Congrats Bertoli! Looking forward to seeing you back in the Valley!
I beat my body and make it my slave
-I Corinthians 9:26-27

Return to “Pole Vault - College”