rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

2011-2012 College Transfers

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Any vaulters transferring schools? Post them here!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: 2011-2012 College Transfers

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Cayd Bloomquist from Butler CC to Wichita State

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.d ... EM_ID=7500

Cayd Bloomquist (Emporia, Kan./Butler CC) - Bloomquist is a very talented pole vaulter who has yet to reach his full potential. He was hampered by injuries throughout his junior college career. He played basketball at Butler in addition to participating in track and field. His personal best in the pole vault is 15-6.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Mike McLeod from Cowley CC to Missouri Southern

http://www.joplinglobe.com/sports/x1241 ... 2-athletes

Mike McLeod, a transfer from Cowley County (Kan.) Community College, will also join the vault crew. McLeod was a junior college All-American after a successful prep career at Denton, Texas.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 am

http://boxscorenews.com/eastern-washing ... 476-68.htm

Eastern Washington Track Adds Venezuelan National Record-Holder To 2011-12 Roster

Keisa Monterola - photo courtesy EWU.
Eastern Washington University
August 9, 2011

Monterola highlights talented class of incoming track and field athletes

The Eastern Washington University track and field team will feature a handful of talented newcomers for the 2011-12 school year. Among the new athletes is the Venezuelan national record-holder in the pole vault, Keisa Monterola, and well-rounded heptathlete Katrina Chamberlain. The other signees are recruits from the state of Washington, with one coming from Nevada.

Keisa Monterola - Pole Vault - TR - Caracus, Venezuela (Licro Caracas HS ’06 & Clackamas Community College)
Originally from Caracus, Venezuela, Keisa Monterola placed first in the pole vault at the Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges (NWAACC) Championships while competing for Clackamas Community College. She had a personal-best vault of 14-2 1/2 – a mark that improved the sophomore’s Venezuelan national record. She also placed first in the long jump with a mark of 18-0 1/2. Monterola also claimed titles at the 2009 NWAACC Championships in the pole vault (12-8 1/4) and the long jump (17-8 1/4). While utilizing her redshirt season in 2010, Monterola won the gold medal at the Central American and Caribbean Games, where she set the games record with a mark of 13-9 1/4. In high school, Monterola was the 2005 IAAF World Youth silver medalist and South American Junior Champion. She cleared 13-11 1/4 in both competitions, setting new meet records in both.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:00 pm

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... nds_l.html

Tulane track and field lands local pole vaulter via transfer
Published: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 2:23 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 3:36 PM
By Tammy Nunez, The Times-Picayune

The Tulane track and field program got a little more New Orleans with its latest transfer. New Orleans native and Louisiana state pole vault record holder Merritt Van Meter transferred, the school announced Wednesday.
The Country Day School graduate spent the 2010-11 academic year at North Carolina and competed during the indoor and outdoor seasons.

Brett Duke / The Times-Picayune
Merritt Van Meter is transferring to Tulane from North Carolina.
Indoors, Van Meter cleared 4.05 meters (13-3 ½ feet) at the ACC Indoor Championships to finish third. She cleared 3.96 meters (12-11 ¾ feet) and placed fourth overall at the ACC outdoor event. She is also among the nation’s top-five returning sophomores in the pole vault entering the 2012 season.
Her pole vault career took off in high school, helping Country Day to a fourth-place finish at the Louisiana Class 1A State Championships. At the meet, Van Meter won the pole vault competition with a 4.17 meters (13-8 ¼ feet) clearance, to go along with second place showings in the long jump and 200-meter dash. She accounted for 26 of the team's 45 points.
Van Meter was named the Gatorade/ESPN RISE Louisiana Track and Field Athlete of the Year after posting the nation’s top high school pole vault mark. At the time, her 4.17-meter mark set the LHSAA state record – a record that covered all classifications - and was the best in the nation. She was also awarded the Allstate Sugar Bowl Athlete of the Month after her performance at the state championships. She was selected as the Metro Field Performer of the Year by The Times-Picayune in 2010.

hiphipjorge
PV Beginner
Favorite Vaulter: Chad Harting

Unread postby hiphipjorge » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:25 am

Kevin sarehkhani from mt. Sac CC -5 meter plus and Kyle Ballew From LA Valley college, 5.20m are both now at the University of South Dakota, with Derek Miles. Good things to come!

joebro391
PV Follower
Expertise: Current College Vaulter (Samford University)
Lifetime Best: 15'6
Favorite Vaulter: Duplantis, Borges, Bubka

Unread postby joebro391 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Just kidding...

Joe Oliveri (6P) from Lynchburg College to Samford University.

Never another day without a coach.

-6P
PR: 15'6 !!PETROV/6.40 MODEL!! http://www.youtube.com/user/joebro391

Return to “Pole Vault - College”