Delta Air Lines loses poles --makes the TV news in Seattle!

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

Mister Ed
PV Newbie
Expertise: Certifiable Official
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Delta Air Lines loses poles --makes the TV news in Seattle!

Unread postby Mister Ed » Mon May 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Pole vaulter: Delta Airlines lost my poles, robbed me of title

ELLENSBURG, Wash. - A Central Washington University pole vaulter blames Delta Airlines for losing a crucial piece of her equipment and preventing her from competing for a national title.

Athlete Kati Davis believes the airline's mistake robbed her of winning what would've been her third All-American title on Friday.

"And so I was at my national meet with no coach and no poles .....http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Pole-vaulter-Delta-Airlines-lost-my-poles-robbed-me-of-title-154886675.html
the article contains a video

Any revenge-oriented pole vaulting musicians might want to do a YOUTUBE search on "United Breaks Guitars"

KLocke
PV Whiz

Re: Delta Air Lines loses poles --makes the TV news in Seattle!

Unread postby KLocke » Mon May 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Careful. Keep making news and they will return back to their NO POLE Transport policy. I can remember a time, not long ago that they only transported Tim Mack's poles.

Mister Ed wrote:Pole vaulter: Delta Airlines lost my poles, robbed me of title

ELLENSBURG, Wash. - A Central Washington University pole vaulter blames Delta Airlines for losing a crucial piece of her equipment and preventing her from competing for a national title.

Athlete Kati Davis believes the airline's mistake robbed her of winning what would've been her third All-American title on Friday.

"And so I was at my national meet with no coach and no poles .....http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Pole-vaulter-Delta-Airlines-lost-my-poles-robbed-me-of-title-154886675.html
the article contains a video

Any revenge-oriented pole vaulting musicians might want to do a YOUTUBE search on "United Breaks Guitars"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Delta Air Lines loses poles --makes the TV news in Seattle!

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:51 pm

For the record, Kati never said that Delta robbed her of her title, KOMO made that up...

Return to “Pole Vault - College”