Who will win NCAA's outdoor this year?

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

vaulter580
PV Whiz

bz

Unread postby vaulter580 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:18 pm

........what about those Arkansas State boys????????
BZ
Arkansas State University
sign yo pitty on da runny kine!!!

Erin_Shafer
PV Newbie

Unread postby Erin_Shafer » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:20 pm

Hey people,

For the males I am going for Brad Walker all the way, Go Dawgs! For the females, It's alittle difficult, because some tend to not stay healthy, but my choice would be between two, Tamara Diles or Becky Holiday.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:45 pm

I am assuming that, as usual, Tamara is not healthy. She was at Reno but did not jump.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:36 am

Amy linnen is going to kick so much butt...jumped something like 13' 10" at the summit...her vaults were looking good
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

vaultfan

Trevor Woods

Unread postby vaultfan » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:07 am

Here's a nice interview of Trevor Woods by Trackshark.com:

http://www.trackshark.com/interviews/trevor_woods.php

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:47 am

smokinvaulter1 wrote:I glad to hear westlund got his 4th year he deserves it. I know tech is loaded now but didn't know that fairbanks stayed its going to be tough in the big 12. Have fun and vault high

Hopefully Westlund won't cry too much about his ankle injury to jump something.

BTW, does anyone have the website URL for the NCAA qualifiers? I think it was something aol members...
wo xi huan cheng gan tiao.

vaultfan

April Steiner

Unread postby vaultfan » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:13 am

Here’s a nice little writeup about April Steiner who was recently named SEC female athlete of the week:

http://www.uark.edu/depts/wathinfo/trac ... 05rel.html

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:09 am

April Steiner actually trains out here in AZ a lot of the time and she has a lot going for her. She's a very talented athlete, and i think she will go ondto some bigger heights this year. That and shes one of the nicest vaulters i've ever met, lol
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

-Stephen King

vaultfan

Jennifer Bennett

Unread postby vaultfan » Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:25 pm

Here’s an article that appeared in the Columbia Daily Tribune regarding Jennifer Bennett of Missouri University: http://www.showmenews.com/2003/Feb/20030223Spor006.asp She probably doesn’t represent a serious challenge to the fourteen footers contending for the national championship coming up shortly in Fayetteville, but a 13-7.25 effort by someone with a HS PR of 9-6 does DESERVE some recognition. And this mark was made in a little all comers meet where her only competition was from her teammates and where she got very little support from the crowd. She certainly sent a message to the Big 12 that she’s the favorite to win the Conference meet next week in Lincoln. Anyway, she gets a round of applause from me! :yes:

“Jennifer Bennett’s face lit up with joy when she realized she cleared the bar. Then, after she landed on the padding, she lay on her back and covered her face with her hands. Bennett had just broken the Missouri women’s indoor pole vault record at 13 feet, 7¼ inches in yesterday’s All-Comers Meet at the Hearnes Center Fieldhouse.

The mark probably will get her into the NCAA Indoor Championships. Bennett barely missed the automatic qualifying mark of 13-9¼.

"I know I have it in me," Bennett said. "You have your days - your good days, your bad days. It’s a really good day."

Bennett’s mark is the best in the Big 12 this season and is the Hearnes record. She said she was aware of but not obsessed with the record. "I don’t aim for records, I just go," she said. "I don’t like thinking about stuff like that. I just like to do my thing."

Return to “Pole Vault - College”