2 over 18 at BYU today

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

vaultmom
PV Fan

2 over 18 at BYU today

Unread postby vaultmom » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:17 pm

Trent Powell and Robbie Pratt both cleared 5.50 and then Robbie Pratt cleared 5.60. great day at BYU
Bob's Mom
Raise the bar

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:33 am

Way ta go BYU.
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

megustasaltar
PV Newbie

Unread postby megustasaltar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:10 pm

Julene Kafusi of BYU also went 4.05 and would have had 13''6' if the wind wasn't blowing so hard to knock the bar off.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:22 pm

did Kafusi used to be Bailey? I know she jumps at BYU, just wondering if this was her.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

distancejumper
PV Pro

Unread postby distancejumper » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:08 pm

you don't happen to have a video, do you?

vaultmom
PV Fan

Unread postby vaultmom » Sun May 01, 2005 5:17 pm

I have video of the boys ( Trent and Robbie) jumping ... and Juliennes hubby video taped her... Yes she used to be Bailey ( Idaho ) . And I neglected to inlcude her above so thanks to the mention. She jumped great set a new school record. She is coming back very strong after having a bouncing baby boy and taking some time off.

I can email the video if you send me a message.
Bob's Mom

Raise the bar

cougarscoach
PV Beginner

Unread postby cougarscoach » Tue May 03, 2005 2:43 pm

It was indeed a great day at BYU. Julene, being my sister, emailed me videos of the vaults. She had better height over 13'7" than she had at 13'6.5" to win junior nationals in 2003. She is coming back very well. Also, I saw video of Pratt's jumps. He had good height over 5.60, but his jump over 5.70 was even better! He had probably 6+inches of hip height on the bar and brushed it on the way down. He has been working very hard (especially at increasing pole/ground angle during impact to the box).
Also, Powell could have made 5.60 as well, his jumps were also very good.
"if you wait until you are great to dream; you will never have dreamed enough to be great"

Return to “Pole Vault - College”