shipping Poles to NCAA Championships

News from the collegiate ranks

Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

vaulterpunk
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach

shipping Poles to NCAA Championships

Unread postby vaulterpunk » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:37 am

If you can, avoid using FedEx Freight at all costs. Because Fly Away Poles is essentially out of business and we couldn't get on a southwest flight, one of our only options to move our 5m poles was to ship them with FedEx. Now we are at the national championships with a broken corrugated tube, ripped bag, and two shattered poles. Luckily the other 5 poles we brought are okay and UCS Spirit is rush shipping us out replacements with SW Cargo. Just a warning to all of you college coaches and other coaches out there. I've heard other nightmare stories out there, but this is the first one to affect me and my athlete directly.
"spandex they're a privlage not a right!"

dragonvltr
PV Newbie
Expertise: College vaulter now college coach
Lifetime Best: 15'3"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: scott huffman

Re: shipping Poles to NCAA Championships

Unread postby dragonvltr » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Agreed! We used them and shipped out a week prior to nationals. They got there and back without damage, but after nationals they refused to admit they messed up. It took over two weeks to get our poles back. They kept sending people to the building but wouldn't get the poles from the building. Then they told us they had picked them up and that the building manager was refusing to give the poles to them, lying sacks!

Return to “Pole Vault - College”