Moderators: lonpvh, VaultnGus

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Big ten Vaulting

Unread postby bjvando » Tue May 27, 2003 8:27 pm

based on the majority of people on vault power I am assuming that lots of people here are from the midwest or east coast. I am on the West coast and, i am talking to the Michigan State Coach right now about going to school there next eyar.

Is this a good school? good vault progaram.. i noticed that they have had some high vaulter sin the past, but does anybody know anything about their coach?

any feedback would be appreciated, and if you dont want to get in trouble go ahead and PM me.... thanks everyone...

jump high..
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

mcminkz05
PV Great
Expertise: College Vaulter

ok

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Tue May 27, 2003 9:20 pm

I live im Michigan, and iv heard that MSU has a good vault program, and track. i have been looking a little, cause i live here in Michigan.. pm me about it, i might b able to get u some info.

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Wed May 28, 2003 9:04 am

I've talked to the vault coach at MSU on a few occasions. He runs a very solid vault program. I don't know if you've heard the name Paul Terek before, but he vaulted there a year ago, also did the decathlon ( yes, 11 events!!!). He went to nationals in both of them also. They now have a few solid 16-17ft range guys and a few 11-12ft range girls. We send a handfull of our vaulters to Will's camps every year. So yes, this is a solid vault program. They did not post a very impressive performance as a team overall at this years indoor big-10's..... but they are still a quality team to get involved with. Plus they have any training facilities you could possibly desire.

I live in lansing(a little ways down the street from MSU), beautiful school too. And the quality of education ain't to shabby either from what I hear.

I also happened to dig up a bio on Will....take a look, explains more then I could.
http://msuspartans.ocsn.com/sports/m-tr ... ill00.html

Hope that helps...
"Heart"

bjvando
PV Master
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, former college coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby bjvando » Wed May 28, 2003 12:29 pm

thanks everyone, you have been most helpful!!!! I appreciate it!!

jump high
Head Coach- Victory Athletics (http://www.victoryathleticspv.com)

Return to “Pole Vault - College”