NSG Schedule FINALLY Up

All things masters pole vaulting.

Moderators: Russ, vaultmd

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

NSG Schedule FINALLY Up

Unread postby Bubba PV » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Kirk MPV
PV Beginner
Expertise: Former College Vaulter,Masters Vaulter,High School Coach,Parent,USATF Certified Official
Lifetime Best: 5.05
Favorite Vaulter: John Pennel,Kjell Isaksson

Re: NSG Schedule FINALLY Up

Unread postby Kirk MPV » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:46 am

Bubba
Finally! One week out! No schedule for 65+ athletes yet though, only ages 50-64 are listed on the link. Are they working two pits for the vault? The schedule shows all Women and M60-64 at 8:30, then all the 50's (M50-54 & M55-59) at 9:45.
Stay healthy - see you there!
Old Guys Rule

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 am

One pit and one runway is all they have. It will probably be close to 11-12 before we jump. Obviously not set up by anyone who knows vaulting. You can't run 20 people in an hour and 15. Supposed to be 101 all week. Got 105 twice this week to break the record by 7 degrees. They also have us jumping with the M50s. It's just flat stupid.

Bubba PV
PV Lover

Unread postby Bubba PV » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:49 pm

I talked to a guy today who was loosely involved with the set up and he said they are considering bringing in a 2nd pit. I said, "you only have one runway so that means someone has a tailwind and someone has a headwind, and we will have to take turns going the other direction". He responded, "what else would you suggest? It was 97 degrees at 10 AM". We'll see but if I have a giant headwind I'm not jumping. Last thing I need is to get hurt three weeks before worlds. Bubba

Return to “Pole Vault - Masters”