2008 WA Random Articles

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

2008 WA Random Articles

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:45 am

http://www.chinookobserver.info/main.as ... M=41480.97

Naselle track team ready to run

By PHIL RAISTAKKA
Observer corespondent

NASELLE - Head coach Debbie Denny, entering her 31st year of coaching track, and assistant Scott Smith, in his eighth year, have welcomed a group of 23 Naselle High School track athletes in preparing for the 2008 season. Some veterans with district and state experience are included in the group, although the freshmen and sophomores are the largest group of prospective track performers, with each of those grades having eight athletes.

The seniors include: Kyle Burkhalter and Kevin Schei; juniors are Stephan Griss, Tylor Nortrup, Gabriel See, Mike Shirley and Conor Smith; the sophomores are Samantha Bauer, Nathan Carlson, Jodi Christie, Colton Gilbert, Randy Hamm, Gary Johansen, Nicole Laney and Calen Thompson; and the freshman are Ollie Baker, Alex Bighill, Cody Cooley, Ian Fauver, Kyle Mullins, Nathan Reitz, Haleigh See and Taylor Wasmundt.

Five members of this year's team advanced to the state 2B track championship meet last year and two finished high in the medals competition at that meet. Pole vaulter Colton Gilbert finished second in state, just ahead of third place Tyler Nortrup. Other state meet participants returning this year are Kyle Burkhalter, Conor Smith and Nicole Laney.

With a smaller number of athletes, the girls team will be limited in the number of events that they will be able to enter in a meet. Bauer will take part in the pole vault and in field events; Christie will enter running events; Laney will run in the shorter races; and Haleigh See will be a pole vaulter and hurdler.

Field event performers on the boys team will include Baker, Bighill, Burkhalter, Cooley, Hamm, Mullins, Shei, Shirley and Wasmundt. Pole vaulters will be Fauver, Gilbert, Nortrup, Gabe See and Wasmundt. The high jumpers will include Burkhalter. Running the distance events will be Bighill, Griss, Johanson, Reitz, Smith and Thompson. Running the shorter races will be Baker, Burkhalter, Carlson, Fauver, Hamm and Mullins.

Coaches assisting with the track program include Dave Klinger, in his 10th year in middle school track, and long-time Comets coach Steve Tolva who is coming out of retirement to help with the track program.

The Comets have a regular season schedule of nine meets including two home meets on Rueben Penttila Field at Naselle High School. Their first meet is Thursday, March 13, at Raymond and includes powerful Northwest Christian (the defending girls 2B state champion) and Lake Quinault. The following week, on Thursday, March 20, the Comets will host a home meet with teams from Northwest Christian, Oakville, Raymond, Willapa Valley and Wishkah. The last regular season meet is on May 3 and that will be followed by sub-district and district meets which, hopefully, will lead some of the Comets back to the state meet in Cheney near the end of May.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:05 am

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/200803 ... 004/SPORTS

Great expectations for Arlington track star

Arlington's Kjirsten Jensen is feeling the pressure to repeat as a two-event state champion

The pressure could be on Kjirsten Jensen.

She's a senior, a track team captain and a three-sport athlete at Arlington High School, for whom she won a pair of Class 3A state championships in the discus and shot put at the 2007 state track meet last May in Pasco.

She's earned that always-revered -- yet sometimes-dreaded -- moniker of "defending state champion," and her name is now prominently displayed on a banner inside Arlington High's gymnasium, where just a week ago she was playing in the 3A District 1 basketball tournament.

The pressure to repeat could be on, but is it?

Well, that depends on who you ask.

"She's feeling it all right," Arlington head track coach Judd Hunter said. "It's high expectations, but she's got the talent and she's got the drive … she knows she's got some pressure on her and it makes her uncomfortable, but we keep telling her all she has to do is her best, train her best and the rest will take care of itself."

Jensen, for her part, downplayed her feelings about the pressure.

"I want to (win) again," she stated matter-of-factly. "I have the pressure that I want to go out and do it, but now that I have (the titles), no one can take that away from me, so this year I just want it to be fun. I'll still go for the goal, obviously, but it's not in the back of my head as much as it could have been."

How much being a defending state champ will affect her this season probably lies somewhere in-between Jensen and her coach's assessments. Partly alleviating any pressure is that she has already agreed to throw for Washington State University next year.

"I'm not really focused on it this year," she said. "I'm focused on my pr's (personal records) and my personal goals. I've already committed to a school so that pressure's off and so right now, if I make it to state, I make it to state, but I'm not going to hold that against myself. Before I was really iffy on focusing on what I was going to do, but now I don't have that pressure."

Jensen spurned a partial-scholarship offer from Eastern Washington to walk-on at WSU, and her coaches say they believe she has the tools to succeed in the Pac-10.

"She has the build to be a successful thrower at the next level," Hunter said. "She can be an elite thrower."

"She's really a unique combination of power and speed," added Arlington shot and discus coach Tom Roys. "If you watch her run, you might think she'd do all right as a sprinter -- she has that quickness and explosiveness."

Though Jensen describes herself as a "head-case," and Hunter describes her as someone who "wears her emotions on her sleeve," Hunter also indicated that Jensen's maturation over the past four years has gone a long way to helping her develop her talent.

It also helps her keep the pressure from getting to her in her bid to repeat.

"She's had a few instances when her emotions have gotten the best of her, but I think that's where that experience comes in. Now as a senior, having gone through those things, she's going to be better having gone through that."

Her maturity and experience have made her a leader, particularly among the Arlington throwers, but she prefers to let her performance do the talking.

"I think (my leadership) is a byproduct of success," she said. "I don't necessarily like being a leader because I think that puts a lot of pressure on someone. Instead, I'd rather be the person that people look at -- not necessarily to follow. I'd rather have the leadership skills (shown) by my performance rather than telling people."

Her guidance to younger athletes has spread beyond Arlington High School. She's been an active participant when Arlington High School works with the track teams from Haller and Post Middle Schools in Arlington.

"I like seeing the little kids and working with them," she said. "(Track) is such a passion for me, and I think I want to make it a passion for them too. Seeing people succeed -- I just love that and if I work with them, seeing them in a meet just makes my day."

One of her former mentees, Marissa Elgarico, is now one of her teammates, and the two agree they share a special bond.

"She would come down and teach me techniques when I was just learning," said Elgarico, who attended Post and is now a sophomore. "She was somebody I could look up to."

The bonds Jensen has forged and contributions she's made as a volleyball and basketball player, and in track and field will remain, but for this season, she's trying to live in the moment and have fun for the remainder of her senior year.

So does she dread the pressure to repeat? Not really.

"I don't want to be the underdog," she said. "I want to be the one everyone is chasing."

Given last year's performances, the chase is on.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 am

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/200803 ... 004/SPORTS

Two Snohomish girls accept scholarships

As their final prep track season begins, Jessica Yates and Ellie Bonner don't know how the spring will unfold. But they are certain about who they'll compete for at the next level.

Yates and Bonner, senior teammates on the Snohomish High School track and field team, have both formally accepted track scholarships from Pac-10 Conference programs.

Yates, a jumper, signed an NCAA National Letter of Intent with Washington State University, and Bonner, a distance runner, signed with the University of Washington.

Yates participated in three events at the 2007 Class 4A state championships, placing second in the triple jump with a mark of 37 feet, 10.25 inches. She also placed eighth in the long jump.

Last month Yates competed in a meet hosted by Washington State and set a personal record in the triple jump. Her winning distance of 39 feet, 8 inches Feb. 23 in Pullman demolished her previous best (38-10) and ranks No. 2 on the state's all-time high school list, according to Washington Track Weekly.

Yates, who didn't play basketball this school year and instead focused on honing her jump technique, also had a personal-best long jump at the WSU event. Her 17-9 jump topped her old record by 4 inches.

Meanwhile, Snohomish's Bonner enters the track season as one of Washington's best distance runners. This past fall she finished 12th at the 4A girls state cross country championships. This past May she was 11th in the 4A 3,200-meter final.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:54 pm

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/sports/ ... 52245.html

TRACK AND FIELD: Friday wins 400 meters

THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

Bellingham’s Becca Friday won the girls’ 400-meter run and the Red Raiders boys took first in the 4x400 relay Friday at the Bellingham Jamboree track and field meet at Civic Stadium.

Anacortes, Ferndale, Lynden, Squalicum, Sehome and Bellingham competed in the meet.

Several impressive performances were turned in despite the rainy weather. Sehome’s Mason McHenry ran a 4:29.9 to win the boys’ 1,600-meter run, and the Mariners’ Annie Moore won the girls’ 1,600 by more that nine seconds as she clocked a 5:09.3.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:54 pm

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2008/mar/ ... ocks-fast/

Kitsap Track Classic: Knights Out of the Blocks Fast

Carolyn J. Yaschur | Kitsap Sun Olympic's Pepper Fanua throws the discus during the eight-team Kitsap County Classic track and field meet at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

Carolyn J. Yaschur | Kitsap Sun North Kitsap's Nathan Deguzman and South Kitsap's Sean Carter finish the prelims in the 200-meters during Saturday's Kitsap County Classic track and field meet at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

STORY TOOLS
E-mail story
Comments
iPod friendly
Printer friendly
News alerts
MORE PREPS
HIGH SCHOOL REPORT: 3.16.08
Olympic High's Allen Keeps the Faith
Orness Resigns as Bainbridge Hoops Coach
SHARE THIS STORY

What's this?
Due to a computer glitch, team scores and complete individual results for the Kitsap County Classic were not available by press time. Look for complete results in Monday's editions and online at the prepzone.kitsapsun.com.

Bremerton sprinters Jacki Hill and Alex Griffin dominate in the season-opening Kitsap County Classic track and field meet.

By George Edgar

For the Kitsap Sun

BREMERTON

It's early in the track season, but Jacki Hill and Alex Griffin were off and running Saturday at the Kitsap County Classic track and field meet.

The two Bremerton High seniors dominated the sprint events at Memorial Stadium. Griffin won the 100 and 200 on the boys side, while Hill won the 100, 200 and 400 on the girls side in wet and cold conditions.

Griffin won the 100 in 11.25 seconds and the 200 in 23.10. He was second in the 200 at the state 3A meet last season.

"He had a real good day," said Bremerton coach Lloyd Pugh of Griffin. "He looked good and has reacted to his workouts well."

Hill, who placed second in the 400 and fifth in the 200 at the Class 3A state meet last year, appears to be picking up where she left off. She won the 100 in 12.95 seconds, the 200 in 26.81, and the 400 in 1:00.65. In all three events, she easily outdistanced her competition.

"For the first major meet of the season, I thought I was doing good," Hill said. "Coach Pugh prepared us real well for this."

This was the second time the Kitsap County Classic has been run early in the track season as opposed to the week before the postseason in previous years. All nine Kitsap County schools were present at this year's event.

"That was our original intent when we started," said Central Kitsap coach Mark Ward, one of the event's co-organizers along with Pugh. "We thought it would be much better earlier in the season, though we would have much better times later in the season. It was hard to coordinate with teams' postseason schedules."

Sean Walker of Central Kitsap got the finals started with a win in the 110 hurdles, clocking in at 15.39 seconds, and later won the 300 hurdles in 40.66. Christina Boddie of South Kitsap won the girls 100 hurdles in 17.26, edging Christina Parker of North Kitsap. Parker would later win the 300 hurdles in 51.20.

South Kitsap junior Sean Allison got his team fired up with a solid performance in the javelin. During the preliminary round, he threw the javelin 159 feet, 11 inches, drawing cheers from his SK teammates in the stands. He then won the event on his first throw of the finals, going 162 feet, three inches. At state last season, Allison placed 10th with a throw of 164-9.

"I was hoping for 165, 170," Allison said later. "I need to work on my form a little. But this was a good accomplishment."

Ruby Roberts of Kingston won the girls' 800 in 2:27.40.

Kitsap County Classic

at Bremerton Memorial Stadium

(partial results)

Boys

100—Alex Griffin (Bremerton) 11.25

200—Griffin (Bremerton) 23.10

1600—Shane Moskowitz (CK) 4:34.37

4x100 relay—South Kitsap 45.54

110 hurdles—Sean Walker (CK) 15.39

300 hurdles—Walker (CK) 40.66

Long Jump—Mike Farrell (Kingston) 19-6

Triple Jump—Jamaree Wells (Bremerton) 40-8

Javelin—Sean Allison (SK) 162-3

Girls

100—Jacki Hill (Bremerton) 12.95

200—Hill (Bremerton) 26.81

400—Hill (Bremerton) 1:00.65

800—Ruby Roberts (Kingston) 2:27.40

4x100 relay—Bainbridge 52.44

110 hurdles—Christina Boddie (SK) 17.26

300 hurdles—Christina Parker (NK) 51.20

High Jump—Madi Taylor (NK) 4-9.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:55 pm

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2008/mar/ ... -a-record/

Track Preview: CK's Walker Hurdling Toward a Record

By Terry Mosher
Thursday, March 13, 2008

Track and Field: Team-By-Team Preview
Read the outlooks, the top returners and top newcomers for local teams in the Sports Track Team Preview.

Sean Walker

Steve Zugschwerdt | For the Kitsap Sun Central Kitsap's Sean Walker specializes in the hurdles, but he figures to earn a lot of points for the Cougars in the sprints and relays, too.

STORY TOOLS
E-mail story
Comments
iPod friendly
Printer friendly
News alerts
MORE PREPS
HIGH SCHOOL REPORT: 3.16.08
Olympic High's Allen Keeps the Faith
Orness Resigns as Bainbridge Hoops Coach
SHARE THIS STORY

What's this?
It was four years ago, while living with his parents in Bahrain, that Central Kitsap senior Sean Walker got turned on to track.

Now track has turned him into one of the state's top 300 hurdlers.

This spring, Walker is on a Central team that has depth and is poised to make some powerful strides in the postseason. Walker is poised to make an impact, too.

Not only will Walker run the 300 hurdles, but he's pumped to add points in the 100, 200, 400, 110 hurdles and the relays, plus one other event.

"Coach (Mark Ward) might let me run the 800 one time," Walker said. "I want to run the 800 not because it's my main event but because you get to run fast for a long time and I like the feeling of running fast."

Running fast is what Walker does in the 300 hurdles. He finished a disappointing seventh in the event last year at the Class 4A state meet when he hit the last hurdle, stumbled and fell just short of the finish line.

He might have set a personal best time had he not tripped.

"I fell, rolled and then dived across the finish line because I really couldn't get up," Walker said. "I would've had fourth if it didn't happen, but things happen."

Walker barely beat Steven Warner of Kentwood for seventh in a time of 40.46, well below his best 300 hurdles time of 39.57. Three other underclassmen finished ahead of Walker that day, so he has his work cut out for him if he wants a shot at a state title.

But work is not foreign to him.

"He's truly a 12-month worker," Ward said. "He's either on the track or in the weight room."

Walker has gained an inch and 10 pounds since last spring (he's now 5-feet-9 and 150 pounds) and believes he's much improved.

"I have a lot more power," said Walker, who followed an offseason workout schedule put together by Ward and has his dead lift close to 400 pounds. "I think I can improve my times."

One of the times he is taking aim at is the 1997 CK school record of 37.82 in the 300 hurdles held by Dominique Demouchet.

"I wouldn't put it past him to get the record," Ward said. "I don't think he's as fast as Dominique was, but at this point he's a better hurdler."

The idea of running track came to him while the Walkers — parents Juan and Amelia — were stationed with Sean and his younger sister Juanita in the Middle East. Walker said he used to watch high school track meets there and one day he was watching a relay race and got excited for the sport.

"I was watching this one relay and on the last leg almost everybody was in a tie," Walker said. "Then everything got quiet and all you could hear were footsteps. It was the coolest thing I ever seen. I was like 'Wow.' I wanted to be part of that so when we moved (to West Sound), I turned out for track."

Ward is glad he did. But Ward knew little about Walker until last year. That's because after running junior high track as a freshman, the Walker family moved to Texas for a year. So last year was the first time Ward remembers seeing Walker.

Now Ward can't get enough of him. He plans on using him in other events besides the two hurdles (110 highs and 300) and that's fine with Walker. He just wants to run.

The CK school record in the 110 hurdles might be beyond Walker's grasp. Peter Tait ran 14.3 in 2003 and Walker, whose best time is 14.98, says he would have to run a perfect race to match that.

"If I hit anything, I'm not going to touch it (the record)," he said. "The 110s are more speed than endurance like the 300s. You have more time to recover (in the 300s) unless you fall like I did at state."

Walker has ambitions past high school in the hurdles. This past summer he reached the USATF National Junior Olympic Track and Field Championships at Mount San Antonio College in Walnut, Calif., in the 400 and 110 hurdle events. Eastern Washington University hurdles coach Renee Scott-King visted him last Friday.

Scott-King told Walker that his times are good enough they would welcome him as a walk-on to the Eastern program. But to get scholarship aid Walker will likely need to get down into the 37s in the 300.

If he does that he will have a shot at Demouchet's record.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:56 pm

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2 ... sports.txt

High school roundup
Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:54 PM PDT

Print Version | E-mail This Story

The Daily World

Track

Monte boys break Ice

RAINIER — Three Grays Harbor track teams found plenty of hardware, plus a few meet records, to take home from Saturday’s Rainier Icebreaker Invitational track & field meet.

Montesano’s boys won the team title with Elma second and Hoquiam third, with Elma’s Christian Stark winning three events and breaking one meet record to earn Athlete of the Meet honors. Overall, the Eagles reset two meet records.

In the girls meet, Hoquiam took third, with Elma fourth and Montesano eighth.

Stark reset the meet’s 200-meter sprint record at 22.98 seconds, then followed it with wins in the 110 high hurdles and 300 intermediate hurdles. Jordan Craig grabbed Elma’s second meet record, throwing 184 feet, 2 inches in the javelin.

“He was only two feet away from his own school record and each (throw) was farther than the previous one,â€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 pm

http://www.tdn.com/articles/2008/03/16/ ... 160355.txt

Rotary Relays: Clean Sweep for Kelso
Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:11 AM PDT
By Kevin Westrick
Printable version E-mail this article 3 comment(s)
Font Size:

Rain showers drenched the track at Longview Memorial Stadium as competitors in the middle of the football field scrambled to pull on their sweat pants during the boys distance medley race.

One race later, sun peeked through the clouds and kept all racers dry for the moment.

"Weather-wise, I thought we lucked out," Kelso coach Joe Krieder said. "Yesterday, I thought it would rain all day today. We had some sun breaks."

The wet-then-dry, unpredictable weather didn't bother the blue and gold of Kelso, as the Hilander boys captured their second straight team victory at the 31st annual Longview Rotary Relays on Saturday.

The Kelso girls made it a clean sweep, avenging a second-place finish to Mollala, Ore., a year ago to win the title.

"The meet went really well," said Krieder. "This meet takes a lot of kids. The kids competed very well and really enjoyed it. It was a great atmosphere."

The Kelso boys piled up 146 points, followed by Mark Morris (96), Kalama (55), Mollala (52) and W.F. West (51). R.A. Long, Aberdeen and Rainier filled out the last three spots in the eight-team track and field meet.

Kelso's team of Jordan Wishard, Dylan Gaudette, Kara Kitchens and Lana Nyman combined to set a new Rotary Relays record in the coed pole vault competition with a combined vault of 43 feet. The previous record of 41-6 was set by Mark Morris in 2002.

"We've got depth in that event. We have both the school-record holder in the boys (Wishard) and in the girls (Kitchens)," Krieder said.

The Kelso team of Gaudette, Riley Davis and Adam Scalesse set a meet record in the triple jump (122-11 1/2), breaking the old mark of 120-11 the Hilanders set a year ago. Scalesse was a last-minute replacement when Wishard cramped up after the pole vault.

Gaudette, Davis and Wishard set the old record last year.

The Kelso boys won 11 of the 16 events, which included a unique format of relay events such as the distance medley where the first runner ran 1,200 meters, the second runner 400, the third runner 800 and the last 1,600.

Kalama's boys won three events, while Mark Morris and R.A. Long won one apiece.

Ross VanZanten of Mark Morris set the a school record with a in the high jump at 6-8 1/4 last year, and finished with a jump of 6-7 this year.

"I thought it was a great meet. It's always a good meet," R.A. Long coach Butch Allinger said. "It's early and it was competitive."

On the girls' side, Kelso won a much tighter contest than the boys, winning with 128 points, followed by Mollala with 105. Mark Morris took third with 67, W.F. West was fourth with 61 and R.A. Long fifth with 60.

The bottom three teams were Aberdeen, Rainier and Kalama.

"We have a real inexperienced team. The kids that we have returning are right where they were last year," Rainier coach Travis Nagunst said. "It was a learning experience for most of them. It was a lot of fun."

Mollala edged Kelso in first-place finishes 8-5, but the Lassies had enough overall points win the meet. W.F. West recorded two event wins and Mark Morris won the shot put.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:59 pm

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2353

Prep Roundup -- Babcock's triple jump leads Grandview boys to win

YAKIMA HERALD-REPUBLIC
Links
E-mail Print

PROSSER -- Joseph Babcock's triple jump of
43 feet, 11 inches highlighted Grandview's first-place finish in the boys portion of a six-team track and field meet Thursday at Fiker Stadium.

Prosser's Cade Wandling blazed a 49.74-second clocking in the 400, and teammates Drake Washington and Steven Natho were double winners.

In the girls meet, Mabton's Trishi Williams threw the javelin 128-6 with Grandview's Anna George not far behind at 121-5.

BOYS

Team scores: Grandview 165.5, Prosser 124.5, Kiona-Benton 87, Wapato 81, Mabton 29, Othello 24.

100: Drake Washington (P) 11.80. 200: Washington (P) 23.92. 400: Cade Wandling (P) 49.74. 800: Eduardo Torres (W) 2:11.17. 1600: Cameron Robertson (KB) 4:42.76. 3200: Robertson (KB) 10:19.55. 110H: Steven Natho (P) 16.86. 300H: Natho (P) 42.61. 400 relay: Grandview 47.19. 1600 relay: Wapato 3:56.62.

Shot: Eli Perez (M) 44-0. Disc: Keagen Christensen (G) 136-5. Jav: Tim Taylor (G) 151-1. HJ: Wayne Minthorne (W) 5-8, Joseph Babcock (G) 5-8. LJ: Matt Concienne (G) 19-7. TJ: Babcock (G) 43-11. PV: Kyle Schuetze (P) 12-6.

GIRLS

Team scores: Kiona-Benton 139.5, Grandview 112, Prosser 104, Mabton 52, Wapato 50.5, Othello 18.

100: Whitney Leavitt (KB) 12.68. 200: Leavitt (KB) 26.29. 400: Leavitt (KB) 1:01.13. 800: Sara Vasquez (M) 2:35.35. 1600: Vasquez (M) 5:38.73, Charlie Fiander (W) 5:39.33. 3200: Dulce Barajas (W) 12:49.96. 100H: Katherine Lotze (KB) 16.43. 300H: Lotze (KB) 48.27. 400 relay: Grandview 59.55. 800 relay: Grandview 1:59.89. 1600 relay: Wapato 4:49.07.

Shot: Anna George (G) 34-8. Disc: Ana Zapien (P) 116-7, George (G) 102-6. Jav: Trishi Williams (M) 128-6, George (G) 121-5. HJ: Leavitt (KB) 5-2. LJ: Alice Meroni (KB) 15-0. TJ: Lotze (KB) 33-5 1/2. PV: Meroni (KB) 9-6.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:02 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... sat16.html

Saturday's detailed prep track and field results
Related
Track and field

2008 Shelton Throwers Festival

At HighClimber Stadium (Shelton)

Boys shot put — 1, Andrey Levkiv, Hazen, 54-05; 2, Jacob Hanes, Shelton, 52-02 ½; 3, Nate McPeak, Highline, 49-03; 4, Jonathan Buchanan, East Valley, 48-10; 5, Garrett Gress, East Valley, 46-01 ½; 6, Courtney Sanders, Hazen, 46-01; 7, Jamaar Smiley, Highline, 45-04 ½; 8, Immanuel Garraway, Timberline, 44-11.

Girls shot put — 1, Laura Bobek, Astoria, 42-01 ½; 2, Jamie Coggins, Astoria, 36-02; 3, Cheresse Weidmann, North Beach, 35-09; 4, Ashlee Coffey, Toledo, 35-01; 5, Erika Vandling, North Mason, 33-08; 6, Christina Johnsen, Timberline, 32-07; 7, Kyla Alexieff, East Valley, 31-03 ½; 8, Courtney Felt, Unattached, 30-10.

Boys discus — 1, Jacob Hoggatt, Peninsula, 133-03; 2, Will Rocket, Willapa Valley, 132-11; 3, Hanes, Shelton, 132-09; 4, Levkiv, Hazen, 131-11; 5, McPeak, Highline, 129-11; 6, Buchanan, East Valley, 129-07; 7, Robert Vandling, North Mason, 128-03; 8, Anthony Player, Tumwater, 124-11.

Girls discus — 1, Bobek, Astoria, 141-05; 2, Johnsen, Timberline, 116-06; 3, Tasha DeLaCruz, North Beach, 113-06; 4, Coggins, Astoria, 110-07; 5, Vandling, North Mason, 96-02; 6, Amber Campbell, Timberline, 92-03; 7, Michelle Davis, Shelton, 91-01; 8, Chandler Shea, Peninsula, 84-07.

Boys javelin — 1, Justin Allard, Peninsula, 176-11; 2, John Ingman, Capital, 171-10; 3, John Fullington, North Mason, 163-02; 4, Player, Tumwater, 159-06; 5, Joseph Ingman, Capital, 157-10; 6, Trevor Puckett, Astoria, 156-10; 7, Chase Michell, South Bend, 150-02; 8, Stephen Burns, Shelton, 149-00.

Girls Javelin — 1, Samantha Hull, North Mason, 113-02; 2, Kina Shriner, North Beach, 106-05; 3, KJ Carr, Astoria, 104-03; 4, Lynnae Huber, Astoria, 103-10; 5, Rikki Coma, South Bend, 98-03; 6, Davis, Shelton, 91-10; 7, Samantha Dominiack, Timberline, 91-00; 8, Norma Perez, South Bend, 90-09.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:02 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... fri15.html

Friday's detailed prep track and field results
Related
Boys track and field

Nonleague

Lake Stevens 118,

Edmonds-Woodway 27

Shot put — Kelly Kurisu, LS, 49-5. Discus — Will Broulick, EW, 121-0. Javelin — Stan Driscoll, LS, 148-5. High jump — Brennan Frost, LS, 5-10. Long jump — Frost, LS, 20-8 ½. -. Triple jump — Alec Fellows, EW, 40-11. Pole vault — Josh Cole, LS, 12-6. 110 hurdles — Alex Hellow, EW, 15.9. 300 hurdles — Dustin Adams, LS, 42.5. 100 — Tyler Reside, LS, 11.47. 200 — Reside, LS, 23.88. 400 — Isaac Molstre, LS, 52.37. 800 — Colen Grous, EW, 2:00.85. 1,600 — Scott Larson, LS, 4:55.54. 3,200 — Kyle Van Santen, LS, 9:44.9. 400 relay — LS, 46.66. 1,600 relay — LS, 3:42.69.

Girls track and field

Nonleague

Lake Stevens 111,

Edmonds-Woodway 37

Shot put — Brittney Tri, LS, 34-7. Discus — Leah Grassl, LS, 90-7. Javelin — Brittney Tri, LS, 97-4. High jump — Brittney Tri, LS, 4-10. Long jump — Brittney Peterson, EW, 14-1 ½. Triple jump — Izzy Licciardi, LS, 30-½. Pole vault — Hartwell*, S, 6-0. 100 hurdles — Brittney Tri, LS, 16.25. 300 hurdles — Emily Anderson, LS 54.97. 100 — Katie Tougus, EW, 12.78. 200 — Katie Tougus, EW, 27.56. 400 — Amia Nash, EW, 1:02.69. 800 — Sam Minor, LS, 2:31.5. 1,600 — Jolene Minor, LS, 5:46.87. 3,200 — Lacy Wagner, LS, 12:22.37. 400 relay — Edmonds-Woodway, 51.87. 800 relay — Lake Stevens, 1:55.06. 1,600 relay — Lake Stevens, 4:25.53.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:04 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... thu14.html

Thursday's detailed prep track and field results
Related
Boys track and field

WesCo

Marysville-Pilchuck 80.5, Monroe 78.5, Shorecrest 55, Shorewood 48

Shot put — Richards, M, 44-5. Discus — Domanski, SC, 128-1. Javelin — Lucke, M, 170-5. High jump — Breene, M-P, 6-0. Long jump — Abadam, M-P, 20-8 ½. Triple jump — Ferris, SC, 37-3. Pole vault — McElmurry, SC, 12-0. 110 hurdles — Pangelinan, M-P, 16.34. 300 hurdles — Sanderson, M-P, 42.82. 100 — Weber, SW, 11.96. 200 — Pangelinan, M-P, 24.86. 400 — Thomas, SW, 53.44. 800 — Le, M, 2:03.3. 1,600 — Lanphere, M-P, 4:44.1. 3,200 — Sutter, M, 10:19.1. 400 relay — Marysville-Pilchuck, 45.13. 1,600 relay — Monroe, 3:42.4.

SPSL 4A

Kentlake 81, Decatur 54

Shot put — Arns, D, 44. Discus — Arns, D, 119-3. High jump — Grover, KL, 5-10. Long jump — Smith, KL, 19-9. Triple jump — Smith, KL, 41-4. Pole vault — Matthews, KL, 10. 110 hurdles — Grover, KL, 16.53. 300 hurdles — Straus, KL, 45.05. 100 — Griffey, D, 10.78. 200 — Griffey, D, 22.04. 400 — Thompson, KL, time unavailable. 800 — Englund, D, 2:05.5. 1,600 — Englund, D, 4:41. 3,200 — Helm, D, time unavailable. 400 relay — Kentlake, 44.47. 1,600 relay — Kentlake, time unavailable.

Beamer 111, Graham-Kapowsin 22

Shot put — M. Fuller, B, 46-5. Discus — M. Fuller, B, 147-8. High jump — Ward, B, 5-8. Long jump — Obungen, B, 19-91/2. Triple jump — J. Waller, B, 41-93/4. Pole vault — D. William, B, 9. 110 hurdles — A. Hogan, B, 15.21. 300 hurdles — Obungen, B, 44.38. 100 — J. Waller, B, 10.90. 200 — J. Waller, B, 22.75. 400 — Faulkner, B, 51.9. 800 — Thomas, B, 2:05. 1,600 — Eidsmoe, B, 4:42.34. 3,200 — Nelson, B, 11:15. 400 relay — Beamer, 44.6. 1,600 relay — Beamer, 3:45.29.

Kentridge 78, Tahoma 58

Shot put — Eager, T, 43-101/2. Discus — Eager, T, 138-91/2. High jump — McEleny, KR, 5-6. Long jump — LeClaire, KR, 18-10. Triple jump — Castagna, T, 38-9. Pole vault — Rodgers, KR, 11-0. 110 hurdles — Russell, KR, 17.63. 300 hurdles — Russell, KR, 46.7. 100 — McKerman, KR, 11.1. 200 — Seel, KR, 23.6. 400 — Hendrickson, KR, 54.8 . 800 — Lozano, KR, 2:07.8. 1,600 — Lafler, T, 4:30. 3,200 — Sears, T, 10:43.1. 400 relay — Kentridge, 46.3. 1,600 relay — Tahoma, 3:53.04.

Kent-Meridian 78, Jefferson 58

Shot put — Foster, KM, 43-11. Discus — Howard, J, 118-8. Javelin — Hauck, J, 146-9. High jump — Harris, KM, 5-2. Long jump — Moore, KM, 20-4. Triple jump — Moore, KM, 42-4 ¾. Pole vault — Smith, KM, 11-0. 110 hurdles — Harris, KM, 15.1. 300 hurdles — Pham, KM, 43.6. 100 — Pinson, J, 11.1. 200 — Pinson, J, 23.5. 400 — McGrue, J, 53.7. 800 — Baklund, J, 2:07.5. 1,600 — Baklund, J, 4:48.1. 3,200 — Tigres, KM, 10:58.7. 400 relay — Jefferson, 44.9. 1,600 relay — Kent-Meridian, 3:46.8.

SPSL 3A

Bonney Lake 97, White River 44

Shot put — David Meacher, WR, 40-10. Discus — Grant Peckhan, WR, 112-9. Javelin — Josh Mannas, BL, 155-2. High jump — Josh Zanhnow, BL, 5-8. Long jump — Blake Tidwell, WR, 18-6. Triple jump — Blake Tidwell, WR, 37-3. Pole vault — Josh Mannas, BL, 11-0. 110 hurdles — Evan Williams, BL, 16.65. 300 hurdles — Kramer Green, WR, 42.82. 100 — Travis Christian, BL, 11.25. 200 — Citron Jackson, BL, 24.0. 400 — Travis Christian, BL, 52.8. 800 — Paul Winger, BL, 2:03.7. 1,600 — Brandon Baumcher, BL, 4:49.3. 3,200 — Cory Richardson, BL, 11:02.8. 400 relay — Bonney Lake, 44.35. 1,600 relay — Bonney Lake, 3:32.9.

Auburn Mountainview 75, Sumner 70

Shot put — Saiki, A, 41-1. Discus — Saiki, A, 102-1. Javelin — Rodriguez, S, 129. High jump — Stafford, A, 5-10. Long jump — Hanni, S, 17-4. Triple jump — Colmenares, A, 38-3. Pole vault — Grant, S, 9-6. 110 hurdles — Hirshi, A, 17.5. 300 hurdles — Riley, S, 44.0. 100 — Colmerares, A, 12.0. 200 — Robinson, S, 25.0. 400 — Colmenares, S, 55.7. 800 — Rumbaugh, A, 2:05.8. 1,600 — Barry, S, 4:44.8. 3,200 — Barry, S, 10:44.4. 400 relay — Sumner, 47.5. 1,600 relay — Auburn-Mountainview, 3:51.5.

Franklin Pierce 86, Auburn Riverside 55

Shot put — Olsen, FP, 42-6 ½. Discus — Bailey, FP, 114-0. Javelin — Squier, FP, 129-2. High jump — Shackleford, FP, 6-1. Long jump — Hartwell, AR, 20-7 ¾. Triple jump — Barowell, FP, 40-0. Pole vault — Ritter, AR, 10-0. 110 hurdles — Ritter, AR, 17.0. 300 hurdles — Baines, FP, 44.9. 100 — Hartwell, AR, 11.5. 200 — Lutton, FP, 22.4. 400 — Lutton, FP, 50.5. 800 — Cowan, AR, 2:04.4. 1,600 — Cowan, AR, 4:29.1. 3,200 — Connell, FP, 11:11.2. 400 relay — Franklin Pierce, 45.0. 1,600 relay — Franklin Pierce, 3:41.9.

Enumclaw 88, Auburn 56

Shot put — Davis, A, 45.9. Discus — Nordstrom, A, 102-4. Javelin — Latlyop, A, 123-0. High jump — Gamblin, E, 5-4. Long jump — Wirta, E, 16-11. Triple jump — Wirta, E, 38-3. Pole vault — Orcutt, E, 11-0. 110 hurdles — Kellogg, E, 17.0. 300 hurdles — Kellog, E, 43.5. 100 — Embody, A, 12.0. 200 — Embody, A, 24.8. 400 — Embody, A, 54.1. 800 — Calvert, E, 2:12.6. 1,600 — Thomas, E, 4:57. 3,200 — Thomas, E, 10:59.0. 400 relay — Auburn, 47.3. 1,600 relay — Enumclaw, 3:54.16. Records — Enumclaw 1-0, Auburn 0-1.

Girls track and field

WesCo

Marysville-Pilchuck 95, Shorecrest 81.5,

Monroe 58, Shorewood 42.5

Shot put — Fessenden, M-P, 32-5 ½. Discus — Paden, SC, 107-6. Javelin — Riordan, SC, 104-4. High jump — Soules, SW, 5-2. Long jump — Gull, M, 15-7. Triple jump — Chestmore, M, 30-5 ½. Pole vault — Mueller, M-P, 10-0. 100 hurdles — McDonald, M-P, 17.59. 300 hurdles — McDonald, M-P, 49.75. 100 — Ramos, SC, 13.27. 200 — Oden, M-P, 27.14. 400 — Oliver, SC, 1:05.2. 800 — Nemra, M-P, 2:29.1. 1,600 — Johnson, SW, 5:24.1. 3,200 — Davis, M, 11:32.8. 400 relay — Marysville-Pilchuck, 52.51. 800 relay — Marysville-Pilchuck, 1:55.0. 1,600 relay — Shorewood, 4:22.2.

SPSL 4A

Kentlake 91, Decatur 43

Shot put — Goeman, K, 30-7. Discus — Walch, D, 78-6 ½. Javelin — not competed. High jump — Collins, K, 4-8. Long jump — DuBean, K, 13-7 ½. Triple jump — Powers, K, 32-5. Pole vault — Powers, K, 7-6. 100 hurdles — Powers, K, 16.99. 300 hurdles — Butler, D, 52.87. 100 — Baker, D, 13.45. 200 — Baker, D, 28.49. 400 — Williams, K, time unavailable. 800 — Collins, K, 2:53.9. 1,600 — Jacobsen, K, 6:29. 3,200 — Franco, D, 14:27. 400 relay — Kentlake, 58.5. 800 relay — Kentlake, 2:19.5. 1,600 relay — Kentlake, 5:09.

Tahoma 110, Kentridge 29

Shot put — Kollmer, KR, 32-1. Discus — Ingertila, T, 90-8. High jump — Sims, T, 4-6. Long jump — Johnson, T, 15-5 ½. Triple jump — Johnson, T, 36-6. Pole vault — Daniels, KR, 7-0. 100 hurdles — Latimer, T, 16.7. 300 hurdles — Latimer, T, 52.4. 100 — Johnson, T, 12.6. 200 — Meis, T, 26.4. 400 — Drumm, T, 1:02.0. 800 — Drumm, T, 2:35.3. 1,600 — Mittelstaedt, T, 5:44.0. 3,200 — Mittelstaedt, T, 12:11.0. 400 relay — Tahoma, 51.6. 800 relay — Tahoma, 1:52.11. 1,600 relay — Tahoma, 4:31.54.

Beamer 106, Graham-Kapowsin 29

Shot put — Sandavol, B, 29-7 ½. Discus — Sandavol, B, 100-1. Javelin — not competed. High jump — Shneider, B, 4-8. Long jump — Cortez, B, 15-5 ½. Triple jump — Cortez, B, 32-8. Pole vault — Mulroy, B, 6-6. 100 hurdles — Devera, B, 17.12. 300 hurdles — Devera, B, 47.87. 100 — Niewuenner, B, 12.25. 200 — Grigsby, GK, 27.8. 400 — Niewuenner, B, 1:01. 800 — Robbins, GK, 2:32. 1,600 — Vixenman, B, 6:00. 3,200 — Williams, B, 13:12.89. 400 relay — Beamer, 51.28. 800 relay — Beamer, 1:51.88. 1,600 relay — no competition.

Jefferson 87, Kent-Meridian 47

Shot put — Malamura, J, 34-9. Discus — Malamura, J, 108-0. Javelin — Ansotigue, J, 90-8. High jump — Vertrees, KM, 5-2. Long jump — Vertrees, KM, 15-6 ½. Triple jump — Wamsley, J, 31-10. Pole vault — Ferin, KM, 9-0. 100 hurdles — Barry, KM, 16.7. 300 hurdles — Cox, J, time not reported. 100 — Warrior, J, 13.7. 200 — Troutman, KM, 29.1. 400 — Jones, J, 1:05.6. 800 — Robey, J, 2:37.7. 1,600 — Patrick, J, 5:39.4. 3,200 — Bennum, J, 12:42. 400 relay — Jefferson, 54.3. 1,600 relay — Jefferson, 4:53.

SPSL 3A

Auburn Riverside 90, Franklin Pierce 58

Shot put — Heay, FP, 27-8 ½. Discus — Fa'alelea, FP, 84-8. Javelin — McCrabb, AR, 86-7. High jump — Jones, AR, 4-10. Long jump — MacIsaac, AR, 14-3 ½. Triple jump — Jones, AR, 30-9. Pole vault — Trudeau, AR, 8-0. 100 hurdles — Mortenson, FP, 17.6. 300 hurdles — Mortenson, FP, 51.0. 100 — Johnston, AR, 13.3. 200 — Horibe, AR, 29.7. 400 — Curtis, FP, 1:10.2. 800 — Lane, AR, 2:36.2. 1,600 — Lane, AR, 5:25.6. 3,200 — Calero, FP, 12:12.4. 400 relay — Auburn Riverside, 53.3. 800 relay — Auburn Riverside, 1:55.3. 1,600 relay — Franklin Pierce, 4:41.0.

Bonney Lake 118, White River 31

Shot put — Natosha Lyonais, BL, 32-3. Discus — Antoinette Scholes, WR, 81-8. Javelin — Kaitlin Mitton, BL, 90-4. High jump — Izzy Meyer, BL, 4-4. Long jump — Hailey Menzel, WR, 13-11. Triple jump — Kimber Kober, BL, 29-11. Pole vault — Hailey Menzel, WR, 7-6. 100 hurdles — Izzy Meyer, BL, 17.22. 300 hurdles — Izzy Meyer, BL, 51.35. 100 — Haylie Cannon, BL, 13.36. 200 — Leslie Cannon, BL, 29.13. 400 — Haylie Cannon, BL, 1:04.7. 800 — Josie Becker, BL, 2:29.7. 1,600 — Theresa Edwards, BL, 5:30.4. 3,200 — Theresa Edwards, BL, 11:51.5. 400 relay — Bonney Lake, 52.72. 800 relay — Bonney Lake, 1:59.8. 1,600 relay — Bonney Lake, 4:26.2.

Sumner 96, Auburn Mountainview 54

Shot put — Roberts, S, 30-7 ½. Discus — Poppa, A, 79-3 ½. Javelin — Body, S, 81.11 ½. High jump — Brown, A, 4-6. Long jump — Morton, A, 27-9. Triple jump — Daniels, S, 28-8. Pole vault — Packey, S, 8-0. 100 hurdles — Holloway, S, 17.3. 300 hurdles — Holloway, S, 52.1. 100 — Morton, A, 13.3. 200 — Morton, A, 27.9. 400 — Blankenship, S, 1:05.8. 800 — Norris, S, 2:28.9. 1,600 — Norris, S, 6:11.7. 3,200 — Norris, S, 11:50.3. 400 relay — Auburn Mountainview, 53.0. 800 relay — Auburn Mountainview, 1:57.5. 1,600 relay — Sumner, 4:40.2.

Auburn 63, Enumclaw 56

Shot put — Davis, A, 28-5. Discus — Saylor, A, 93-3. Javelin — Cox, A, 67-3. High jump — Gosney, E, 4-10. Long jump — Thomas, A, 15. Triple jump — Jones, E, 39-0. Pole vault — Koontz, E, 7-0. 100 hurdles — Jones, E, 15.8. 300 hurdles — Jones, E, 48.9. 100 — Plummer, A, 13.5. 200 — Plummer, A, 29.9. 400 — Schreiner, E, 1:02. 800 — Auburn, 1:54.43. 1,600 — Paulston, A, 5:44. 3,200 — Gwerder, E, 12:40. 400 relay — Auburn, 52.9. 800 relay — Auburn 1:54.93. 1,600 relay — Auburn, 4:24.5. Records — Auburn 1-0, Enumclaw 0-1.

Return to “Washington”