Jeremy Scully MURDERED - McBride plead down to 23 years

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Jeremy Scully MURDERED - McBride plead down to 23 years

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 am

I was at the meet at Western on Friday, and was surprised not to see Scully there, because he is ALWAYS there, but I figured maybe his Ferndale kids had a meet and he was with them.

However, when I was talking to Dick a little while later, Dick expressed concern because I guess Scully had told the folks at Ferndale the day before (Thursday) that he would come early to help with some meet entry stuff, but he never showed.

That is completely unlike him, he is always extremely reliable and dependable. He's one of the most passionate coaches out there, the type that works a day job to support his pole vaulting habit. He would never ever miss a practice or a meet without telling someone.

So he wasn't at the meet Friday either.

Below are the articles I have found so far.
Last edited by rainbowgirl28 on Tue May 06, 2008 5:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:52 am

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/392780.html

PUBLIC SAFETY
Assistant track coach missing

ISABELLE DILLS
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

The vehicle of assistant Ferndale High School track coach and substitute teacher Jeremy Scully, 38, was found around 1 p.m. Saturday at Lake Samish.

Venessa McBride, a friend of Scully’s, said she last saw him in his apartment on Halleck Street at about 8:40 a.m. Thursday.

McBride said her husband received an instant message from Scully saying he was going to get dressed, get gas and go to the McBrides’ home in Alger.

He was expected to arrive at 10 a.m. but never showed up, McBride said.

The Ferndale High School athletic department reported Scully missing to police Friday evening after he was absent from some meetings, Bellingham Police Sgt. Carr Lanham said.

Scully’s gray 1993 Nissan Sentra was found at the side of the road on the east side of Lake Samish, Lanham said. The car was unlocked with the keys still in it, and there were no signs of foul play, Lanham said.

A search and rescue team and canine unit were being brought in to do additional investigating, Lanham said.

Scully is described as a white male, 6 feet tall, 180 pounds with brown hair.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 am

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories ... ed70e.html

Ferndale teacher missing
05:31 PM PDT on Sunday, April 27, 2008
By DEBORAH FELDMAN / KING 5 News
BELLINGHAM, Wash. - Police in Bellingham are searching for 38-year-old Jeremy Scully, a Ferndale teacher who hasn't been heard from since Thursday.

Jeremy Scully's car was found at Lake Samish.

"He's the kind of guy who would take a spider from inside the house, outside rather than kill it. That's the kind of guy he is," said Robbin Goldsby, Scully's girlfriend of three years.

Scully hasn't been heard from since 8:30 Thursday morning, when he told some friends he'd come over to help fix their roof.

He never arrived, and he didn't show up later that day either at Ferndale High School, where he's an assistant track coach who trains students in pole vault.

"That's the first thing that he always talked about when he talked to me was how his kids were doing and how high they jumped … and personal bests. He was just so proud of them," said Goldsby.

Ferndale High's Athletic Director, Vic Randall, is the person who called police on Friday.

"Jeremy's very dependable. He had planned to be at practice on Thursday. He had planned to be at practice Friday and pick up some keys for a track meet on Saturday, so it's very unlike him not to show up," said Randall.

Family photo
Jeremy Scully
Searchers have used a helicopter, divers, and bloodhounds in their hunt for Scully, and on Saturday, they found his gray Nissan parked along Lake Samish. The passenger door was open and the keys were still in the ignition.

Police say they've found no signs of struggle, either in the car, or at Scully's apartment, but they have sealed it off as a potential crime scene nonetheless.

His friends describe Scully as positive, upbeat and caring, and insist he would never do anything to harm himself, or cause the people who care about him so much worry.

"Jeremy is a very special friend of mine and I can't imagine my life without him. This is simply not like him. He would not do this. He would simply not do this," said Goldsby.

Friends say they wonder if perhaps Scully stopped to pick up a hitchhiker or someone who looked in distress. His girlfriend says a blue backpack he always carried with him appears to be missing.

Jeremy Scully is described as 6 feet tall, about 180 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. While he does wear glasses, its believed he may have had his contacts in at the time he disappeared.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:09 am

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/393583.html

PUBLIC SAFETY
Body found by hikers
Officials can’t say whether dead man is missing coach

CAT SIEH
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

Hikers found a man’s body in the general region where a missing Ferndale High School assistant track coach’s car was found abandoned Saturday afternoon, authorities said Sunday.

Law enforcement officials would not say if the body is that of Jeremy Scully, 38, who disappeared while driving from his Bellingham apartment to a friend’s house in Alger.

Neither Sheriff Bill Elfo or Bellingham Police Department spokesman Lt. Steve Felmley could say exactly where the body was found.

Hikers found the body in a wooded area just across the Skagit County border and notified law enforcement, Elfo said, but the body has not been identified.

Skagit County officials could not be reached Sunday evening.

Scully’s car was found abandoned Saturday afternoon on Interstate 5 near Lake Samish, Felmley said.

Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue called off its search Saturday evening after divers, foot patrols, helicopters and search dogs failed to find Scully, Elfo said. Felmley said crews had exhausted all options before calling off the search.

Scully also was a substitute teacher in the Ferndale School District.

A friend saw Scully at his Halleck Street apartment Thursday morning about 8:40 a.m. But Scully never arrived in Alger, even after he sent a message to the friend saying he’d drive there and planned to arrive by 10 a.m. Thursday.

Ferndale High track coach Ted Genger said he spoke to Scully, who had coached pole vault at the school for eight years, at 9 a.m. Thursday. Scully had agreed to come to work a little early the next day (about 2:15 p.m. Friday), Genger said.

Scully, who Genger said had never missed a practice without calling ahead of time, never showed up. He also was absent from a pole vault practice Friday afternoon at Western Washington University, where he also helped coach.

That’s when Ferndale High Athletic Director Vic Randall called police, Genger said.

“It wasn’t like Jeremy not to show up when he said he was going to,â€

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:14 am

http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-042708-coa ... 6036.story

Bellingham Coach Still Missing
Parella Lewis,

April 27, 2008, 9:15 PM PDT

BELLINGHAM — A Bellingham coach is missing after his car was discovered abandoned on the side of the road, keys in the ignition and personal belongings left inside.

38-year-old Jeremy Scully is an assistant pole vaulting coach in Ferndale and was last heard from Thursday morning.

Robbin Goldsby, his girlfriend of three years, tells Q13 Fox News that the was on his way to help a friend repair his roof.

"he talked to his friends there at 8:42 in the morning on Thursday and said to them that I'm leaving now, I'm going to get gas and I'll be on my way."

Goldsby added that Jeremy lives about 14 miles from his friend's house. After he didn't show up for practice Thursday night and missed work Friday morning, the Ferndale School District field a missing person's report. A homeland security helicopter found his grey Nissan abandoned on East Lake Sammamish Road Saturday afternoon, then immediately put together a search team.

Bloodhounds were used to try and track his whereabouts and a dive team searched the nearby lake, but still no clues have been found as to what may have happened to Jeremy, but the Bellingham Police Department is reporting that there is no evidence of foul play.

Friends and family are hoping that someone saw something, given that he went missing in the morning hours on Thursday. If anyone does have any information, they are being asked to contact the Bellingham Police Department.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:55 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:00 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:18 pm

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/256/story/393943.html

Apr, 28, 2008
PUBLIC SAFETY
Homicide suspected after body found in Skagit County
No confirmation on whether body is that of Ferndale track coach

CALEB HEERINGA
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

Police are investigating a body found on Blanchard Mountain in Skagit County as a homicide, but could not confirm whether or not the body was that of a Ferndale High School track coach.

A vehicle belonging to Jeremy Scully, 38, was found abandoned on Interstate 5 between the Lake Samish and Nulle Road exits on Saturday. Scully was last seen by a friend at his apartment on Halleck Street on Thursday morning.

The body was found by hikers Sunday afternoon in the woods about 200 yards from the launching area for hang gliders on Blanchard Mountain.

Skagit County Sheriff's Office spokesman Will Reichert said an autopsy scheduled for 11 a.m. should allow investigators to confirm the identity of the body.

Asked if there were signs of foul play, Reichert replied that police are treating the incident as a homicide, but declined to elaborate until after the autopsy.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:50 pm

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/18325969.html

Police investigate body found near missing coach's car as homicide

Jeremy Scully

Story Published: Apr 28, 2008 at 12:26 AM PDT
Story Updated: Apr 28, 2008 at 11:35 AM PDT
By KOMO Staff & The Bellingham Herald
Watch the story
BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- The discovery of a body in the general region where a missing Ferndale High School assistant track coach's car was found abandoned Saturday afternoon is now being investigated as a potential murder.

Law enforcement officials still would not say if the body is that of Jeremy Scully, 38, who disappeared while driving from his Bellingham apartment to a friend’s house in Alger.

Neither Sheriff Bill Elfo nor Bellingham Police Department spokesman Lt. Steve Felmley could say exactly where the body was found, only that it was about 8-10 miles from where Scully's car was discovered.

Hikers found the body in a wooded area just across the Skagit County border and notified law enforcement, Elfo said, but the body has not been identified.

An autopsy was scheduled for late Monday morning and deputies hope to have more information on the body found Monday afternoon.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:57 pm

http://www.kirotv.com/news/16038170/detail.html

Coach’s Disappearance Remains A Mystery

POSTED: 1:24 pm PDT April 28, 2008
UPDATED: 1:30 pm PDT April 28, 2008

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. -- Family and friends of an assistant track coach who has been missing since Thursday morning said they are still holding out hope that the man will be found while at the same time are waiting to hear the identity of a body that was found in the area the man disappeared, reported KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.
Jeremy Scully, 38, disappeared while driving from his Bellingham apartment to a friend's house in Alger.
His car was found Saturday near Lake Samish with the door ajar and the key in the ignition. Another key to Scully’s 1993 Nissan Sentra was found on the ground near the car’s trunk.
Scully is a substitute teacher in Ferndale and assistant track coach at Ferndale High School.
The Medical Examiner’s office is performing an autopsy on the body that was found by hikers near Alger in Skagit County on Sunday.
Detectives have yet to confirm that person’s identity.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:12 pm

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/18325969.html

Update: Man found dead near missing coach's car was shot

BELLINGHAM, Wash. -- Investigators on Monday said a man found dead in the general region where a missing high school coach's car was abandoned Saturday had been shot in the head.

Law enforcement officials still would not say if the body is that of Jeremy Scully, 38, who disappeared while driving from his Bellingham apartment to a friend's house in Alger.

Skagit County Sheriff Will Reichardt said the body was found Sunday by hikers in a rugged area of Blanchard Mountain. The hikers reported the discovery to a Whatcom County sheriff's deputy who was in the area searching for Scully.

Reichardt said the case is being investigated as a homicide and officials are working to determine if the body is that of Scully, an assitant track coach at Ferndale High School who also worked as a substitute teacher.

runnerforlife
PV Beginner

Scully

Unread postby runnerforlife » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Jermy's Body was Identified this morning.
Our team will be told officially today at practice.
I will let you all know about memorial services as soon as I hear.

Return to “Washington”