WIAA says not to offer advice to kids from other schools...

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

star-vault
PV Newbie

Re: WIAA says not to offer advice to kids from other schools...

Unread postby star-vault » Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm

You wouldn't believe the response and support I got from all the other school coaches... unbelievable!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:45 pm

star-vault wrote:You wouldn't believe the response and support I got from all the other school coaches... unbelievable!

I still can't believe the HS you coach at is the one complaining :eek: :deadrose:

star-vault
PV Newbie

Unread postby star-vault » Thu May 13, 2010 4:12 pm

My guess is that since one of the girl athletes didn't make it to the next round, the complaints to the head coach led to this.

All the schools that go to my club consistently eliminate my school year after year. The irony is that my school doesn't dedicate themselves the same way and show-up to my club even though I offer the same service to them for free.

Another problem is that the track program at my school generally sends me the athletes who fail to perform well in the other events. So I'm dealing with the weakest athletes in the most difficult event.

Another problem is that the track program at my school doesn't use pole series in practices. I'm able to use pole series at my club and that's why all the other schools are succeeding.

I think all this started from my head coach?

yo-yo-man
PV Newbie
Expertise: Coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Brad Walker

Unread postby yo-yo-man » Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 am

I would like to think coaches like Louis who go out of their way to make our kids better at what they love to do. I was only able to get my son to 14' then he was beyond my abilities. With Louis' help along with other coaches Baggett, Baker, and Beavers he is looking to go 16' and maybe attempt to break the state A meet record of 16'4 if all goes well.

Whenever I am at a meet most of the coaches at that meet have tons more experience then me and I often ask them for their opinions. I can see why this rule is in place but the application in this case is way off base.

It is a true shame that this is happening to such a great guy.
Anything I can do to help just let me know.

Return to “Washington”