FRESHMAN HOPING TO MAKE DISTRICTS?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to the state of Washington

Moderator: Robert schmitt

squalicumvaulter07
PV Fan

FRESHMAN HOPING TO MAKE DISTRICTS?

Unread postby squalicumvaulter07 » Sun May 09, 2004 5:29 pm

help help help me..
ok soo im a freshman in the nothwest 3A league in washington state. i have a good 9'0 jump.. && this is better than some of the top people in other leauges.. but mine is the most competitive in the state. i mean, im competeing against courtney doughtey && alli moore.. state champions that past two years. im hoping to hit 9'6 or 10'0 at our league meet next week.. does anyone have any last minute advice that might assist me in accomplishing my goal? I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL FOR ANYTHING!!
courtney christine..

so the good news is that you don't have ADD.. the bad news is that you have 4 months to live.
well it's 4:30 and this was a very short practice.
are you calling me fat?

squalicum pole vault practice.. good times

Peepers PV
PV Pro

Unread postby Peepers PV » Sun May 09, 2004 6:14 pm

The best advice I can give: calm down :D.

You've been practicing and competing in pv for a whole season, so it's not like you don't know the basics. You know what you need to do, so be confident with your vault and hopefully things will work out for the best.

The worst thing you can do in an event that is as technical as the vault is get too hyped up- so stay calm and confident;)!

Good luck :yes:!
"look, you either join the team and go to practice or do drugs- that's just how it is! it's track or crack!" - mikey

squalicumvaulter07
PV Fan

alas

Unread postby squalicumvaulter07 » Sun May 09, 2004 10:22 pm

thank you thnk you for being so kind..
anymore??
courtney christine..

so the good news is that you don't have ADD.. the bad news is that you have 4 months to live.

are you calling me fat?

Robert schmitt
PV Lover

Unread postby Robert schmitt » Mon May 10, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi I'm the Burlington coach. 9' is a solid jump. The leaguge down south that will make up are district is historically very weak in the vault. So they usually don't send anyone to compete. So the district meet is usually comprised of vaulters from our league. 9' should make it into districts no prob.
An optimist is one who sees a light in darkness....a pessimist blows it out.

Kolber
PV Fan

Unread postby Kolber » Fri May 21, 2004 8:58 pm

omg.. how can u make states.. or districts with 9 ft? i vaulted 11 ft this year and im a freshmen and im not even in districts or sectionals
greatness=greatness

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Fri May 21, 2004 9:15 pm

Kolber wrote:omg.. how can u make states.. or districts with 9 ft? i vaulted 11 ft this year and im a freshmen and im not even in districts or sectionals

it always depends from state to state, and if its a girl, 9 ft. can still get into districts. like pving in illinois to pving in say texas, nj, and pennsylvania r different. i think competition in nj, texas, and pensylvania is high.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Fri May 21, 2004 9:17 pm

dude, be nice....everyones accomplishments are different, and you may be a guy, and sqaulicum is a female. Don't be bitter if someone makes it to districts and you don't...not all states/districts/regions are equal. If someone is proud of their accomplishments, there is no need to be rude and take that away from them. One of the greatest things about the pole vault community is that we all support each other, lets keep it that way.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

blazerunner121
PV Pro

Unread postby blazerunner121 » Fri May 21, 2004 9:22 pm

wacky274 wrote:dude, be nice....everyones accomplishments are different, and you may be a guy, and sqaulicum is a female. Don't be bitter if someone makes it to districts and you don't...not all states/districts/regions are equal. If someone is proud of their accomplishments, there is no need to be rude and take that away from them. One of the greatest things about the pole vault community is that we all support each other, lets keep it that way.

what wacky says is so true. i just went to a sophomore meet this past tuesday and there was some rude, and i mean rude pole vaulters who back stab and back talk. i even heard a pole vaulter say that those that are great are only great cause they go to camps, clinics, etc. Now i go to a clinic and after hearing what that person said, it made me extremely angry. the point is, pole vaulters should be people who encourage each other to do better just how wacky said.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri May 21, 2004 9:32 pm

Kolber wrote:omg.. how can u make states.. or districts with 9 ft? i vaulted 11 ft this year and im a freshmen and im not even in districts or sectionals

Squalicum vaulter is a girl.

C-townvault
PV Whiz

Unread postby C-townvault » Fri May 21, 2004 10:12 pm

Those who go to camps are good, because they implement what they learned and bust their butts to get better. One of our former vaulters went to camp. He vaulted 13'3" as a senior. He could of and should of been a 15'+ jumper, but he didn't use what he learned and didn't work at it, plain and simple.

Kolber
PV Fan

Unread postby Kolber » Sat May 22, 2004 2:46 pm

o lol i didnt know she was a girl... sorry :crying:
greatness=greatness

squalicumvaulter07
PV Fan

hahah

Unread postby squalicumvaulter07 » Mon May 24, 2004 11:04 pm

wow soo much contraversy but yes im a girl..
to clear that up
courtney christine..

are you calling me fat?

Return to “Washington”