World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Los Gatos All-Comers

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:33 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-5198-San-Jose ... -this-week

Summer All-Comer's Track & Field Series begins this week
June 15, 2:21 PM · Add a Comment
Add a CommentShareThis Feed

A popular local series of All-Comer's Track & Field meets begins this week at Los Gatos HS. Meets are held on Thursday evenings, from June 18 through August 6.
The meet begins with the Pole Vault at 5pm, followed by the shot put, discus, long jump and triple jump at 5:30. A one-mile racewalk is held at 5:45, with the running events starting at 6pm. The order of the running events are 4 x 100 meter relay, 800 meter, the High Hurdles, 100 meter, 400 meter, mile, 60 meter, 200 meter, 2-mile, intermediate hurdles, then ending with the 4 x 400 meter relay. In the final meet, August 6, the mile and two mile will be replaced by the 1500 and 5000 meter races.
Athletes pay a $5.00 entry fee for unlimited events, spectators are charged $2.00.
The meet includes heats for open/college division, masters, high school and age-group competitors. While the All-Comers format implies that athletes of all ages are welcome, in my experience, the meet organizers have demonstrated less respect towards the younger age group competitors.
Fully automatic timing and expert meet officials will provide you with the confidence that your performances are accurately recorded. These meets are very popular and it is possible to find good competition, although plenty of more casual performers attend, too.
For more information, contact Rick Milam at milam@nbnsports.com.

Return to “California”