Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Allison Koressel Vaulting Ahead (CA)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:37 am

http://www.hbindependent.com/articles/2 ... 052809.txt

Vaulting ahead

Huntington Beach's Allison Koressel attempts to clear a height of 13' in the pole vault during the CIF Southern Section Track and Field Championship at Cerritos College on Saturday. Koressel won the event with a vault of 12' 6". Photo by Kent Treptow.

TRACK & FIELD: Koressel, Middlebrooks win events at CIF Southern Section divisional finals. They qualify for Masters along with other locals.

By Matt Szabo
Updated: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:16 AM PDT

Allison Koressel didn’t sleepwalk through her performance, but a nap was probably looking really good after she won the girls’ pole vault at the CIF Southern Section Division II track and field finals Saturday at Cerritos College.

Her winning mark of 12 feet 6 inches was solid — especially for someone who said she was operating on around five hours of sleep.

It wasn’t nerves before the big meet for the Huntington Beach High senior, the co-state leader in the girls’ pole vault. Koressel understandably stayed out late the night before, because it was her senior prom night. The Oilers held it at a club in Long Beach.

“The technique probably wasn’t the best,” said the UCLA-bound Koressel, who won CIF for the first time by vaulting six inches higher than last year’s Division II winner, Brooke Arthur of Mater Dei. “It’s all good. I’m really excited about winning CIF … I’m obviously going to concentrate a little bit harder [this] weekend.”

Return to “California”