River Vault

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Texas

Moderator: achtungpv

kovaulter09
PV Wannabe

River Vault

Unread postby kovaulter09 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 pm

I know this is really early but does anybody know if there is a date set for the River Vault in San Marcos? or a general time it might be?
Today is the DAY!

htheodore
PV Whiz

Unread postby htheodore » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:21 pm

Last year it was at the end of May or the very first of June. I can't remember exact date, but I can tell you this. I didn't get to make it last year but I wont miss it this year. One of the coolest meets of the summer. Great officials and general personell working the meet.

kovaulter09
PV Wannabe

Unread postby kovaulter09 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:59 pm

yeah, i went last year and really liked it! My dad is trying to plan this huge vacation and we kind of wanted an idea of when it my be.
Today is the DAY!

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 am

Hi guys - thanks for your interest.

TENTATIVE date for now is Saturday, June 7th. That's the weekend after NCAA Regionals and one week before NCAA D1 Nationals. Trying to get confirmation from Texas State that the park will be available that day.

June 21st is USATF Jr. Olympic Qualifier in Austin, plus Nike Outdoor, and Jr. Nationals.

June 28th is the Olympic Trials and AAU Jr. Olympic Qualifier in Round Rock.

Also considering putting on another meet July 19th at the Texas Ski Ranch, possibly in conjunction with a wakeboarding, skating, or motocross event: http://www.texasskiranch.com Lots of Jr. Olympic (both AAU and USATF) Regional and National stuff happening the remaining weekends in July.

Hoping to promote earlier than years past and make it bigger and better than ever!

Kris Allison
Lone Star Pole Vaulting
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Return to “Texas”