Ty Barrington

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Texas

Moderator: achtungpv

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:41 pm

Ty, Great to see you on "Board". We're looking forward to you having a great senior year. Tell your parents hello for me. Best of luck to you!
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:43 pm

Carrollvaulter wrote:Hey This is Ty and i just wanted to thank everyone for their advise, and thats very nice of you to say that about me and my family Mr. Shealy! Its always been a blast to vault with Chase because he has always been so nice to me! Ya'll have always been great friends to us and i hope we get to continue see each other in the future. I cant wait to continue competing verse everyone in college.

When i was going through the message board i saw a couple that were close but werent quit right. Last year in outdoor season i was actually on a 16 ft 190 weighing about 158. This year i weigh 163 and so far i have only got on a 16 ft 185. Last year i was caping the pole holding at about 15' 8" This year i use a 16 ft pole but have not raised my grip up past 15' 3" . The only time i have got on a 5 meter pole was at junior nationals in warm up then in the meet i could not get on it again.

I also wanted to say that i hope this is a great year for all high school vaulters both boys and girls! Good luck to both Andrew Redamacher and Scott Duckworth. I have competed with both of you for a while and ya'll have been great friends to me. Its a great previlage to me to get to compete with ya'll. Also beyond that both of your families are all great people! I wish everyone the best of luck this year!

I thought I had seen a pole that you had that was written on it 16'5 185, but I wasn't sure you had used it, i thought you had, You took some good jumps at reno.

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:24 pm

I heard ty barrington broke his heal and is going to be out for a few weeks. I dont know if it is true though. like tommy skipper last year kindof. i bet he will be back

BritDawg118
PV Nerd

Unread postby BritDawg118 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:00 am

it's true, but he'll definately be back and better than ever!!!

opalkak
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.45m

Unread postby opalkak » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:03 am

Ty sorry to hear about the heal, don't get down you'll have plenty of time to heal.

Best wishes!
...success is doing what you can do well and doing well whatever you can do

Return to “Texas”