I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Ryan McRight 16-0 (TX)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:07 am

http://www.oaoa.com/sports/track_3898_o ... s_day.html

THAT'S PRETTY HIGH, GUYS: Midland High's Ryan McRight and Lubbock High's Nathan Slaughter hit pretty lofty standards in their respective events Thursday.

McRight, a senior, elicited a pretty loud cheer by clearing 16 feet while winning the boys pole vault.

Only six other vaulters have cleared the 16-0 barrier in Texas this season, though one is another vaulter from Region I-5A - Southlake Carroll's Hayden Clark.

htheodore
PV Whiz

Re: Ryan McRight 16-0 (TX)

Unread postby htheodore » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:23 pm

I wish Ryan the best of luck. Unfortunately Hayden will not be jumping in the regional meet in Lubbock. Blew out his hamstring in last warmup jump at his district championship. Had to watch from the side. He got a 16' jump in his first meet in mid-February after going through an hour and a half swim workout at 7:30 that morning before the meet. He didn't reach his potential this year but he will be back next year as a Texas Longhorn.

kev44000
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Jack Whitt & Mark Hollis

Re: Ryan McRight 16-0 (TX)

Unread postby kev44000 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:50 pm

htheodore wrote:I wish Ryan the best of luck. Unfortunately Hayden will not be jumping in the regional meet in Lubbock. Blew out his hamstring in last warmup jump at his district championship. Had to watch from the side. He got a 16' jump in his first meet in mid-February after going through an hour and a half swim workout at 7:30 that morning before the meet. He didn't reach his potential this year but he will be back next year as a Texas Longhorn.

Good luck next year at Texas Jack

Return to “Texas”