Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

RIP Gordon Crail

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:43 pm

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/states ... =143755866

Gordon Francis Crail | Visit Guest Book

Gordon Francis Crail The Piano Wrangler 1952 - 2010 Inventor, pole vaulter, singer, musician, composer, poet, juggler, friend to many, died on Friday, June11, 2010. Gordon was born in Munci, Indiana in 1952. He attended Greenwood High School where he exceeded in academics, theater, voice, music and athletics. Gordon was the Golden Mid-West Champion High School All American in pole vaulting. He held 2 state titles, earning him a place in the Indiana Association of Coaches Hall of Fame for 1966. He was the National Champion winner of the Golden West International, a record he held for 35 years. He won an athletic scholarship to the University of Wisconsin. Gordon moved to Austin in the 1990s and established the Piano Wrangler piano moving company, which was held in high esteem by his customers and constituents. He was predeceased by his parents and 2 brothers. He is survived by his fiancée Tracey McCullick of Austin, her family, cousins Keith and Kim Mays of Anderson, Indiana, Merrill Mays of Colorado, Neil Mays of Indiana, and other cousins. Gordon will be greatly missed. A memorial service for Gordon will be held on July 24, 3:00 p.m., at 6527 Valleyside Dr. in Austin. In his memory, contributions to the Shriner's Program for Children, animal shelters, tree plantings or any Austin project for the city he came to love might be suggested.
Published in Austin American-Statesman on June 26, 2010

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: RIP Gordon Crail

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Inventor of the Vaultmaster: http://polevaultmaster.com/3pvmalbum1.htm

belmore
PV Pro

Re: RIP Gordon Crail

Unread postby belmore » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 am

Gordon is the greatest example of a pole vaulter. He never stopped being a vaulter and always wanted to help the next generation. He pulled it off. We play with his invention all the time. Just a great guy.
compete and jump safe, have fun

Return to “Texas”