Alan Launder - altius - in Texas this summer

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Texas

Moderator: achtungpv

altius
PV Rock Star

Alan Launder - altius - in Texas this summer

Unread postby altius » Fri May 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Alan Launder - author of "From Beginner to Bubka and Isinbayeva too" will be leading three clinics in Texas this summer.. Alan has had over fifty years experience coaching the pole vault from beginner to Olympic Level and has had considerable success taking beginners to world junior level - i.e. 5.10m and 3.90m. He has been employing the Petrov/Bubka model since first meeting Vitali and Sergei in 1986 in Canberra, Australia at the World Cup. His background as a physical education teacher/teacher educator at the University of South Australia, coach across a range of sports and as a coach educator, enables him to bring a unique perspective to coaching the pole vault. It will be particularly valuable for ambitious young vaulters and coaches as they will find the whole process of coaching the vault simplified and clarified. In fact Alan's overriding aim is to ensure that all athletes who attend his clinics will learn enough about technique and training to begin to have a major input into their own development.

This emphasis has been driven by his experience leading clinics in the USA over the past ten years where he discovered that large numbers of young athletes either did not have any coach or one with little or no interest in the event and even less understanding of it.

The clinics will be held
June 26/27 The Woodlands High School, Houston

June 28/29 Seven Lakes High School, Houston

July 1/2 New Braunfels, TX

Contact Kris Allison for further details -- kris@lonestarpv.com

Note that Rick Baggett - a highly successful coach from Oregon -hopes to contribute to all of these clinics. There is even just an outside possibility that Roman Botcharnikov - agapit -will grace us with his presence in Texas.
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

lonestar
PV Lover

Re: Alan Launder - altius - in Texas this summer

Unread postby lonestar » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:20 am

We're very much looking forward to having Alan back in Texas with us again! He was here in June of 2007 at The Woodlands with myself, Bubba Sparks, and Robbie Dueitt of TWHS, and then again at my Lone Star PV gym in New Braunfels shortly after its construction in December of 2008. Alan is a captivating speaker, energetic motivator, and... in my humble opinion, the Foremost Authority of the Petrov/Bubka Technical Model of Pole Vaulting in The World. I have spent time with several coaches who purport to be experts on this model, as well as with Vitali Petrov himself, and have found that Alan's interpretation presents the most accurate, practical, logical, and efficient application of its concept to the masses.

You don't want to miss this chance to work with Alan... my vaulters that attended his last clinics made significant technical improvements and several trips to the State Meet after doing so. :yes:

Kris Allison
Lone Star PV, LLC
kris@lonestarpv.com
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Return to “Texas”