A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Texas

Moderator: achtungpv

CowtownPV
PV Follower
Expertise: HS coach
Favorite Vaulter: Bob

Box Collars

Unread postby CowtownPV » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Like it or not the UIL has said they are going with National Federation's requirement for every school in Texas to have a box collar. If you are going to the Texas Track Coaches clinic in Dallas in January you may want to check out the deal MF has for free shipping to that clinic. They have both Gill and UCS models. I don't work for MF just passing on the news. I have been told that if you wait till track season to order one you will have trouble getting it. So if you haven't told your AD yet you may want to. I'm interested to see how many meets we go to this year where this is no collar.
Winners find a way to win, losers find an excuse.

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

Re: Box Collars

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:23 am

I have found the UCS one has less problems both are safe but the UCS one seems to connect better to the surface and does not slip around. I like the less hindrance to the pole entry and the solid format. The gill one works well too if you take the time to adjust it to fit your landing system, but is a pain to adjust during a meet.About the box collar I invented, well I give up, let the big boys play the liability game lol Hope they all get rich doing so!

Return to “Texas”