Help! Anywhere to train in ATL area or Auburn, AL area?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

MegBsmilen
PV Newbie

Help! Anywhere to train in ATL area or Auburn, AL area?

Unread postby MegBsmilen » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi! I need help! I am 20 years old and I have been a gymnast my whole life. I recently just stopped doing gymnastics and picked up pole vaulting. I went to Bell Athletics camp in July and jumped there for the first time. I went to the same camp again a couple weeks later and cleared 9'8" by the time I left. I was going to try and walk on the track team for my school, but I have not met the requirements they have set. I have officially caught the pole vault bug and want to keep jumping and compete when I get good enough. However, I have no place to train right now. Does anybody know of anywhere to train or anybody who can help me in the Auburn/Opelika, Alabama area? My hometown is in Atlanta, anywhere to train there? PLEASE HELP if you can! THANK YOU!!

Megan Hill

Scott Go Pre
PV Lover
Expertise: Former college vaulter, and high school coach
Lifetime Best: 4.88m
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby Scott Go Pre » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:06 am

There is a place at the Auburn University to train at. You may have to talk to the track coach first. You can find his mailing address on Auburns webpage.
Rely upon God with all your heart, do not rely on your own insight. ~ Proverbs 3:5

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”