Place to train over Xmas

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

Niceville16
PV Newbie

Place to train over Xmas

Unread postby Niceville16 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:34 pm

Anyone know any good places, not camps, that allow people to come train? I need a place when i come home from college for xmas break.
-jef fiorello

Niceville16
PV Newbie

whoops

Unread postby Niceville16 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:38 pm

oh yeah, Im from Niceville FLorida, but driving isnt an issue as long as i get to train. anything up to a 12 hour ride is fine

rickkane
PV Beginner

fly

Unread postby rickkane » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:05 pm

it is hard to train good any where over break, at the universities no one is there, best thing you can do is get a work out from your coach follow it to a tea and video tape as much as possible, then watch a tape of Bubka to see what your doing wrong. If you want to travel, do what a couple of us serious fanatics do by your self a ticket to california, surf and train your a** off with Jan jhonson for 15 days then go to reno and learn some more competeing. You could train at Mt sac. out there too Brian is a awsome coach.
all i need is a cool buzz and some tastey waves

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:55 pm

There's a 8 lane track at Hurlburt Field AFB, but you're probably talking about pv practice. I saw something on the news about a pv coach with a runway and pit in the backyard while I was TDY. It may have been in Mobile, AL.

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”