South Carolina Winter PV Camp w/ R.Baggett & DJ Johnston

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas

Moderators: Barto, AVC Coach

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

South Carolina Winter PV Camp w/ R.Baggett & DJ Johnston

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:16 pm

We have a great camp planned for December 17 & 18 at the University of South Carolina. We are flying in Coach Rick Baggett from Oregon and Coach Dave "DJ" Johnston from Florida to assist us. So it promises to be educational to the max. We are already getting deposits, so be sure to get yours in early. We are limiting it to 36 vaulters.

Two Pits, Rings, Rope (2), High Bar, Trampoline, 150+ Poles and Video Analysis. We even have time delayed video to view your own jumps. Pretty cool set up!

University of South Carolina
Field House (Indoors)
December 17 & 18
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, All Day/Each Day
$200 (Includes T-shirt)
(Hotel not included)

You can get all the entry details at www.CarolinaExtreme.com or call me:

Rusty Shealy
University of South Carolina
Pole Vault Coach
803-315-5998
RustyShealy@CarolinaExtreme.com
Last edited by Carolina Extreme on Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:25 pm

good morning

i'm pumped...

i love ..learn by doing..... i learn something each clinic myself...

beginning to elite... come and i promise i will give you something specific, to you, that makes you better

RUN........PLANT>>>>>SWING

it's exciting to see vaulters who may just need a very small "tweak" and it pays booming results...

dj
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

Vault Old School
PV Fan

Unread postby Vault Old School » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:48 am

I jump with Rick in Oregon City and I hope people will listen to him. He doesn't get a lot of props in the US but he knows his stuff. Treat my coach nicely please guys and gals.
Pole Vaulting isn't a sport. It's a lifestyle.

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:22 pm

Rick is one of the most respected coaches in the country. A lot of people learn something everytime they are around him, including me. You never know it all, although some may act like they do. My thirst for knowledge is why I am going to great expense to bring him here... to pick his brain. :eek: Do not under estimate your coach. His reputation preceeds him. Baggett... Coach Rick Baggett. Sort of like Bond... James Bond. :D

Also for East coast vaulters to travel to Oregon for Coach Baggett, or to Florida for Coach Johnston it would cost a great deal of money. By bringing them here it provides another tool for vaulters to take their game to another level. :yes:
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:59 am

:D Things are coming together nicely for our SC PV Camp. We have some very serious and talented vaulters headed our way, along with a few great young athletes that have never jumped before and are eager to learn it correctly from the git-go. It is going to be a lot of fun and a great way to start the holidays.

With all of the December camps popping up around the country, and the great coaching resources that are available, I hope all of the young vaulters will get to a camp some where. Because, the top HS vaulters in the country each year do not get there by accident. When the records are being broken, some where there is a vault coach smiling. :D When you PR, we PR! :yes:

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:50 pm

good morning

just finished a couple of mini camps in knoxville... had great results with the approach run.. which lead to some PR's...

hope to pass that on "fresh' at the camp..

see you in december..

dj
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

polevaulter08nw
PV Master
Expertise: College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 5.40
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud Lavillinie

Unread postby polevaulter08nw » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:51 pm

are they going to be the same next year?
PR: 5.40
Indiana University '13
University of North Carolina '12

Return to “South and Southeast Regions”