USATF Indoor Pre-Meet Mary Saxer Quotes

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

USATF Indoor Pre-Meet Mary Saxer Quotes

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Mary Saxer – I’m really excited that nationals are here in Boston. I live a mile away and I train down the street, so it’s kind of like I’m on home turf. I competed at the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix and was fortunate to win there. I hope it’s a good little warm-up and hope to defend my title from last year. We have a great lineup of vaulters and I hope it’s a great competition for everyone.

On goals for the USATF Indoor Championships

Mary Saxer – My coach and I entered indoor season with the goal of…I have a few new technical cues I’ve really been working on in practice and seeing how they transfer to competition setting. So just focusing on those and seeing what heights I can clear and up my season best.

On social media

Mary Saxer – I have pretty much every form of social media. It started off as a way to keep my family and friends informed of what I’m doing. Now I kind of use it as a promotion for pole vault and track and field as a whole. I think it’s fun to keep people updated as to where I’m at and what I’m doing.

On the Year of the Vault

Mary Saxer – There have been 2 collegiate women who have been jumping out of their minds. Sometimes pole vault isn’t the most recognized. I’ve never jumped against Demi before, so I’m actually really excited about that. There’s a lot of anticipation going into it. It’s always exciting to compete against Jenn (Suhr) and I’m looking forward to defending my title. There are only 10 of us, so similar to what Sharon said, it’ll be a quick competition but it should be great.

On the use of technology and data in training

Mary Saxer – The data is good for the future of our sport and our event. My coach always says, let me deal with the data and you go out and have fun.

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”