d. ryland jumps 5.85

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

jryland
PV Wannabe

d. ryland jumps 5.85

Unread postby jryland » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:26 pm

yesterday daniel jumped 5.85 and had one HUGE jump at 5.91
in the middle of the comp. we looked at the temp. and it read 112 degrees WOW
it was HOT but for any of you that would like to see his make at 85 and his huge bomber at 91 Dub will be putting it on www.bellathletics.com within the next few days i recomemd everyone going the that website and seeing these jumps
The moment never lies

fong520
PV Pro

Unread postby fong520 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:16 pm

wooo congrats..he just keeps going higher and higher. thats awesome
i run, therefore im buff.

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:33 pm

very awesome

dj ;)

kick some boo...ty
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

eleazar
PV Fan
Lifetime Best: 19'2"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Unread postby eleazar » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:27 pm

Thanks DJ, I never really got a chance to thank you for your help...here are some numbers for you...After you see my attempt at 5.91, youll want to know them....
I was running from 103' (14 steps) mid was hitting around 54-6 (although I made 5.84 on wednesday with a mid of 53-3, and I have hit outside of 55 a few times...this new run really helps me pick up the box and easily make adjustments from 50' in!!)
holding 16-6.5 on a 12.6 my weight has been 168lbs

For everyone else, thanks for the support, I am leaving for Europe on Aug 9th I have 8 meets lined up, I am gearing my training to be ready to peak around the middle to end of August, maybe even move back to 16 steps for a few meets in september...pretty interesting that my first meet this outdoor season was 16 feet at a meet in Ole Miss...even had a jump-off at 16-7 and couldn't make it in 4 attempts(it wasn't funny then!)

And would everybody quit burning Ninjavaulter at the stake, Paul is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet...

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:51 pm

good stuff.... the posture! and "feel" has put you in control..

keep turning them over ....

very..very kool..

dj

:yes: EB

love you man...
Come out of the back... Get your feet down... Plant big

VaultNinja
PV Pro
Expertise: Extensive
Lifetime Best: 5.60m
Favorite Vaulter: All the Great Ones

Unread postby VaultNinja » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:34 am

eleazar wrote:Thanks DJ, I never really got a chance to thank you for your help...here are some numbers for you...After you see my attempt at 5.91, youll want to know them....
I was running from 103' (14 steps) mid was hitting around 54-6 (although I made 5.84 on wednesday with a mid of 53-3, and I have hit outside of 55 a few times...this new run really helps me pick up the box and easily make adjustments from 50' in!!)
holding 16-6.5 on a 12.6 my weight has been 168lbs

For everyone else, thanks for the support, I am leaving for Europe on Aug 9th I have 8 meets lined up, I am gearing my training to be ready to peak around the middle to end of August, maybe even move back to 16 steps for a few meets in september...pretty interesting that my first meet this outdoor season was 16 feet at a meet in Ole Miss...even had a jump-off at 16-7 and couldn't make it in 4 attempts(it wasn't funny then!)

And would everybody quit burning Ninjavaulter at the stake, Paul is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet...

Thanks for the support my freind. You know sometimes I may go to far with things, and try to make up for them later, act don't think, thats the way of a young vaulter I guess.
Nice work with 5.85, its about time!!! Sounds like you are finally getting dialed in to start jumping the hieghts you are capable of, and maybe even get some shots at the record like we talked about. You are definetally the guy to do it.
Sorry that we are just going to miss each other by a few days in Europe, but I am still thinking about coming out to your place in Sep, or Oct to get some good workouts in.
168 lbs, that can't be...I'm 180 right now, you need to start eating boy. Good to hear the news, keep up the good work.
If someone tries to step on your dreams.... Step on their face.

dubjones
PV Nerd

Daniel Ryland

Unread postby dubjones » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:32 pm

Video is now up of Daniel at http://www.bellathletics.com , check it out.
Dub

PV Wannabe

Unread postby 95 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:56 pm

that attempt at 5.90 had some huge height. Is Daniel jumping on Jeff Hartwig's 17 foot long poles (the blue stripes looked familiar)?

BigStick Club
PV Nerd

Unread postby BigStick Club » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:46 pm

G'luck in Europe.

MightyMouse
PV Follower

Unread postby MightyMouse » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:15 pm

Sweet jumping man! Jeff better start watching his back :P Good Luck in Europe!
19 Years Old
Coach: Val Osipenko
"Hard work never goes to waste"
Petrov/Launder student

eleazar
PV Fan
Lifetime Best: 19'2"
Favorite Vaulter: Tye Harvey

Unread postby eleazar » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:50 am

95 wrote:that attempt at 5.90 had some huge height. Is Daniel jumping on Jeff Hartwig's 17 foot long poles (the blue stripes looked familiar)?

Actually the jump at 5.91 is on one of Jeffs 5.30 poles, Jeff has been my mentor as long as I have been in Jonesboro, he actually flew me to Europe in 2002 to hang out with him for the summer, that was when I decided I wanted to be a pole vaulter
...for any young vaulters that have the chance, I reccomend spending as much time around Jeff as you can, he is in my opinion the most knowledgeable guy in the sport right now, and very willing to share his ideas...

VaultNinja
PV Pro
Expertise: Extensive
Lifetime Best: 5.60m
Favorite Vaulter: All the Great Ones

Unread postby VaultNinja » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:05 am

eleazar wrote:
95 wrote:that attempt at 5.90 had some huge height. Is Daniel jumping on Jeff Hartwig's 17 foot long poles (the blue stripes looked familiar)?

Actually the jump at 5.91 is on one of Jeffs 5.30 poles, Jeff has been my mentor as long as I have been in Jonesboro, he actually flew me to Europe in 2002 to hang out with him for the summer, that was when I decided I wanted to be a pole vaulter
...for any young vaulters that have the chance, I reccomend spending as much time around Jeff as you can, he is in my opinion the most knowledgeable guy in the sport right now, and very willing to share his ideas...

5.30.... 12.6...... I knew you were crazy. See you in soon. I decided to stick around for awhile.
If someone tries to step on your dreams.... Step on their face.

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”