who do you guys think the best pv coach is??????

News about Elite US pole vaulters and elite competitions that occur on US soil.

Moderators: achtungpv, vaultmd

nzsprinter
PV Nerd

:-)

Unread postby nzsprinter » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:44 pm

Oh i think Becca is really good , have you guys heard of her before?? heheh she coached me in the summer! Thanks Becca!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:03 pm

Awww thanks :o

VerticalAssault
PV Beginner

Best Coach's??

Unread postby VerticalAssault » Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:03 pm

What about Jeff Robins in Mass. He coached Sam and Molly and has a new one in McFarlin. Sam has set all kind of Records plus many age group records that will be hard to beat.

vaultfan

Unread postby vaultfan » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:55 am

Smokinvaulter1, thought that I would make a post to let you know that I’m very glad to see that you are able to return for another year at KU. Also, I think it is great that you are making posts on the internet in support of your coach, Brian Ferry.

I’m wishing all KU vaulters a stellar vaulting season!

smokinvaulter1
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Semi Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.55m
Favorite Vaulter: Joe Dial

Unread postby smokinvaulter1 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:25 pm

Thanks it great to be back and healthy can't wait to see what happens it always great have somesupport the KU vault program thanks again.

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:46 am

Well, i know i'm going to be partial here, but these have got to be some of my personal favs for coaches:

Cranston Hysong (my normal coach): father and high school coach of the 2000 olympic gold medalist nick hysong. He doesnt an excellent job with the talent he's given, though it's often limited. He has coached, or helped coach numerous highschool vaulters of 16 feet.

Todd Lehman (coach at sky athletics vault club): Excellent coach...first person in highschool in Arizona to go over 16 feet. Does an excellent job with theory.

Greg Hull (owner of Sky Athletics): Coached names such as Nick Hysong, Melissa Mueller, Dason Phelps (National junior college record holder at 18 2 1/2)

Jeff Guy (Corona del sol highschool): Runs a great vaulting program...as was mentioned earlier, he was national high school coach of the year. He consistantly puts out 15 plus guys and 11 foot plus girls.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

xtremevaulter

Give me...

Unread postby xtremevaulter » Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:03 pm

JAN JOHNSON...OR TIM REILY FOR THE LOCAL GUYS

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:15 pm

realized i made an error in my last post on this page....i meant to say he does and excellent job, not he "doesnt an excellent job"
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

-Stephen King

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:42 pm

Here are a few left off of the list:

Dave Johnston - coached Mike Tully (Silver medalist in 84) and Earl Bell (bronze medalist in 84)

Doug Sparks - coached 98 NCAA champ Borya Celentano and 2000 NAIA champ Lesa Kubishta.

Anthony Curran - coached 18'er Scott Slover, 14'er Tracey O'Hara, and several other NCAA contenders

Don Hood, Sr - coached former American and World Record holder Billy Olson, Brad Pursley, Dale Jenkins, and a few other assorted 18' and 17'ers at Abilene Christian)[/b]

vaulter580
PV Whiz

dont forget about EzB

Unread postby vaulter580 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:24 pm

im not trying to cut anyone down here but if you want to compare numbers, earl bell in 2000-2001, coached four 19 footers ..............
.........anyone else do that?????
jeff hartwig 6.03 19'9"
tye harvey 5.90 19'4"
chad harting 5.80 19'
derek miles 5.80 19'

.......he even has his own line of poles....essex
BZ
Arkansas State University
sign yo pitty on da runny kine!!!

Azbeachboy1
PV Follower
Expertise: College coach
Lifetime Best: 17’1”
Favorite Vaulter: Toby

Unread postby Azbeachboy1 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:54 pm

A once a coach gets one or 2 18' out of college, he's gonna stay a great coach because he will continue to get more and more great vaulters that want to train with other great vaulters. I once read a quoat that great athletes make coaches look great. Not to put anyone down, its just easy to get your coaching rolling once the greatness has began.
Just fly high, and KISS THE SKY!!!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:24 am

yeah, I completely agree....some coaches also just have more vaulters to pick from, then they pick the best out of that group and look better (not to say they arent good/great coaches, just it helps having a pick), while some coaches just are limited on the talent they are given....lol

-Stephen King

Return to “Pole Vault - USA Elite”