Pole Vaulting in Baltimore

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

gfilosa
PV Wannabe
Expertise: High School Coach

Pole Vaulting in Baltimore

Unread postby gfilosa » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 am

For anyone interested, the Metro Harriers track club will be hosting an open pit for Pole Vault on Tuesdays's and Thursday's in the month of July (Starting Tuesday July 1st). It will be held at Glen Burnie HS and run from 5:15 to about 7:15. Vaulters will have to bring their own poles. If you have any questions pm me or email me (efilosa@bcps.org).

Gerard Filosa
Pikesville HS Track & Field Coach

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 pm

This is gonna be so great!
"I run and jump, and then it's arrrrrgh!" -Bubka

ACvault
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby ACvault » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 am

I'm gonna try to be there on tuesdays

gfilosa
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gfilosa » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Check back with this board on Monday night, I'm still trying to secure use of my school's (Pikesville HS) facility. I've got a new way to approach this with the county superviser and hope to be able to talk to him on
Monday.

If wrestling clubs can use school equipment out of season (with permission, of course) why can't we use thenPV mats? Plus our mats were purchased by the county, not our school's athletic department... let's hope this works.

gfilosa
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gfilosa » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:32 pm

The county supervisor gets back into town tomorrow, so check back Tuesday afternoon (i hope to have an answer by 1:00pm) to see where we will be.

gfilosa
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gfilosa » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:40 am

Just got word that I cannot use my school's mats. So, it looks like I'll be at Glen Burnie HS. Please pm me if you plan on coming.

gfilosa
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gfilosa » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 pm

My car battery died while I was at work today, so now my car is in the shop and I was told it wont be done until 5:30, so unfortunately I cannot make it down there tonight. Instead, I will hold practice this Thursday at Glen Burnie HS at 5:15ish (I have to wait until the club track coach gets there because he has the key to the storage container)... sorry for the late notice.

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Re: Pole Vaulting in Baltimore

Unread postby powerplant42 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:19 pm

So will you be there all Summer at the same time? Or are we switching to the PG Center? (I tried to pm you, but I don't think that it worked...)

gfilosa
PV Wannabe

Unread postby gfilosa » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:39 pm

I'll be at Glen Burnie today (7/17 @ 5:15). I'm hoping to hear that the work at North County HS has been completed and we can move to their track (The summer club usually uses NC, but had to move to GB bc of turf installation; they'll be moving back to NC when the work is done). NC's pit is closer to the storage area and they have a big cart to move the mats AND they have standards too.

As far as PG goes, I've heard they may have Sunday sessions @ 1:00pm on Sundays but I still need to confirm, Wednesdays are no good bc my vaulter has work.

P.S. I did not recieve PM

Martin
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current College Vaulter

Unread postby Martin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Hey still doing this? I vault at umbc. It'll be nice to get away... but.... tues and thurs night i have classes
UMBC
Central AZ College/2008 outdoor njcaa national champion;
PVCC
CGUHS /2006 AZ state champion

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:16 pm

You don't want to go to PG during the summer... I can tell you my little horror story if you'd like through PM. But it is a summer thing only.

IAmTheWalrus
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current College Coach, Aspiring to be Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.06m

Unread postby IAmTheWalrus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm curious about this horror story, as I was planning on trying to do some PG jumping in the summer or fall.
-Nick

Return to “Northeast Region”