Penn State Track and Field Camp

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware and New Jersey

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

bel142
PV Pro
Expertise: Open Post Collegiate, Collegiate Coach, BS - Kinesiology, MEd - Advanced Level Coaching

Penn State Track and Field Camp

Unread postby bel142 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:17 am

Penn State's camp July 12 --> 16 and July 19 --> 23 should be great this year, I can almost assure their vault camp will be one of the best in the country.

http://www.outreach.psu.edu/psu-sport-camps

Cheers
-bel

bel142
PV Pro
Expertise: Open Post Collegiate, Collegiate Coach, BS - Kinesiology, MEd - Advanced Level Coaching

Re: Penn State Track and Field Camp

Unread postby bel142 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Most likely at least 3 Penn State Vaulters will be make appearances to train and help out, all of whom are regional and/or NCAA qualifiers, all Ranked above top 100 in NCAA.

gvvault
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 12ft

Unread postby gvvault » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:33 pm

bel142 wrote:Penn State's camp July 12 --> 16 and July 19 --> 23 should be great this year, I can almost assure their vault camp will be one of the best in the country.

http://www.outreach.psu.edu/psu-sport-camps

Cheers
-bel

Hey, Was just looking at this camp. I know it offers more than PV, but I was wondering how event specific it was? I'm looking for a PV specific camp around here in PA.

Thanks!

bel142
PV Pro

Unread postby bel142 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:27 am

For vaulters it focuses on the vault.

There will be a session with Penn State's sports Nutritionist and sports physiologist. To my understanding there are three sessions a day, I think its set up as such... the first will be training theory and plant/run development, second will be drills and light vault work, and the third session will be full vault work.

There are other event areas but the vaulters work and train together.

gvvault
PV Beginner
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 12ft

Unread postby gvvault » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:56 am

bel142 wrote:For vaulters it focuses on the vault.

There will be a session with Penn State's sports Nutritionist and sports physiologist. To my understanding there are three sessions a day, I think its set up as such... the first will be training theory and plant/run development, second will be drills and light vault work, and the third session will be full vault work.

There are other event areas but the vaulters work and train together.

Ok, thanks for the info!

Return to “Northeast Region”