New englanders

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

Moderator: VaultnGus

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

New englanders

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:35 pm

Just wonderin if there are any New Englanders on the posting board, and if so give me a shot out, New England this season suked, the weather was horrible, i had 4 outdoor meets the rest were cancelled or i was jumping inside and 3 of them were big meets like big east, new englands( not really big) and IC4As, didnt get much jumping in at all. I want to move outwest. if you are from new england and hate the weather tell me because im sure i hate just as much, i also think it is one of the reasons you dont see to many big name jumpers coming out of New England i have the new England highschool record at 15 8 and that isnt even high compared to the kids outwest, it makes me upset. no indoor season is also a bummer too. :mad: aggression,

polevaultprincess
PV Beginner

Unread postby polevaultprincess » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:38 pm

yup, im from new england too...i agree the weather sucked, cold, rainy and windy.

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:55 pm

I'm not from NE but I live here now. Yeah the weather really was terrible...still terrible. Finding a place to jump indoors is a pain, especially if yer not affiliated with the college. I guess I was spoiled when I was jumping in the southwest.

I think Vaultngus is from 'round here.
wo xi huan cheng gan tiao.

uconnvaulta
PV Whiz

vaultn gus

Unread postby uconnvaulta » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:14 pm

yeah gus is from around here he lives in mass, pretty good friend of mine he coaches a bunch of kids and has a nasty website, also one of the goofiest dudes youll meet great guy non tha less

Decamouse
PV Great
Expertise: Masters vaulter, coach, USATF Official
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Kate Dennison

Unread postby Decamouse » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:21 pm

Went to college in NE - meet starts out sunny and warm - storm rolls in - sleet - ice - 1/4 on everything - hour later it is sunny - fun watching 400 m guys sliding all voer - we jumped before it came in
Plant like crap sometimes ok most times

VaultnGus
PV Pro

Unread postby VaultnGus » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:01 pm

"goofiest"??? well I guess I can handle that adjective. I was hoping more for "odd" or "eccentric" :)

Yeah I'm from New England originally and now. Hard to believe I actually spent a good 16 years of my life in even worse climes. The move back to New England meant a move to MILDER winters comapred to what we dealt with up in Rochester, NY. Those of you who have had the pleasure to live near Lake Ontario during the winter - all my brothers and sisters in the Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse areas - will know what I'm talking about.

Glad to see ya on the board Jake the Snake now stop crying and make 16 feet will ya?
"Will vault for food"

Return to “New England Region”