Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault Info

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

smtrackclub
PV Fan

Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault Info

Unread postby smtrackclub » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:09 am

The entry form information for the August 11, 2007 Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault being held in Henderson, Ky. can be found at www.smtrackclub.com website. Check out the new website.
Last edited by smtrackclub on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

KYSEAMAN
PV Whiz
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 17'10.5
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Unread postby KYSEAMAN » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:24 pm

does anyone see the maroon "Jammin' & Jumpin'" button? or am I the only one who can't see it?
Follow me on Twitter @PVSeaman
www.takogrip.com - The ONLY pole vault grip tape.
Knoxville, TN

smtrackclub
PV Fan

Website

Unread postby smtrackclub » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:56 pm

I have been told there is a problem with the website. This should be resolved very soon. If anyone can't get the entry form, please e-mail us at smtrackclub@gmail.com and I will send you one.
Thank you,
Keith

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:03 pm

KYSEAMAN
PV Whiz
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 17'10.5
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Unread postby KYSEAMAN » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:30 pm

They have re-designed their site...pretty sweet

www.smtrackclub.com

link to google map to show where henderson KY is

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Henderson, ... p&ct=title
Follow me on Twitter @PVSeaman
www.takogrip.com - The ONLY pole vault grip tape.
Knoxville, TN

BadMotherVaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter, Volunteer High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 4.35
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson, Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby BadMotherVaulter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:54 am

I REALLY hope there is a way i can jump at this... i don't have a pole or a place to train though.

any suggestions?

edit: I emailed the track club just now to see if they could point me in the direction of someone who could help.
suck it up.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:17 am

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/j ... iverfront/

Henderson set to host street vault on riverfront

By KEVIN PATTON
, Gleaner staff
831-8350 * kpatton@thegleaner.com
Friday, July 13, 2007

Imagine a young man running down Water Street at full speed, then flinging himself more than 18 feet into the air with nothing separating him from the ground but a fiberglass pole.

Could happen.

In an event that is believed to be the first of its kind in Kentucky, the Jammin' and Jumpin' Street Vault will be held on the Henderson Riverfront on Aug. 11 in conjunction with Bluegrass in the Park.

So what is a street vault, you might ask. It's a pole vault competition held in the street.

"As far as I know, nobody has ever done a street vault in the state of Kentucky," said Kevin Ferguson, who is the pole vault coach at Henderson County High School and one of the organizers of the event.

Ferguson said 15 entries have already been received for the competition, which will be held on Water Street between Second and Third streets. He expects around 30 competitors by the time the event rolls around in less than a month.

The most decorated vaulter who has expressed interest in the event is Louisville native Chip Heuser, who has been honored four times as an All-American (twice for indoor track and twice for outdoor) at the University of Oklahoma.

Heuser, who has a personal-best vault of 18-0 1/2, finished third in the NCAA Outdoor championships and fourth in the indoor championships this year. The senior-to-be at Oklahoma is a three-time Kentucky high school state champion at St. Xavier and is the state's high school record holder in the event.

In addition to local competitors, Ferguson expects entrants from St. Louis, Fort Wayne and Ohio.

The Spottsville Monsters Track Club is the sponsor of the event and will lease the pole vault equipment from the high school. Proceeds from the event will benefit the HCHS track program.

There will be six age divisions each for male and female competitors -- 14-and-under, 15-16, 17-18, college, masters and open.

For more information, visit www.smtrackclub.com on the Internet.

smtrackclub
PV Fan

Vaulter Pics for Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault

Unread postby smtrackclub » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:33 pm

The Spottsville Monsters website will be posting pictures of vaulters coming to the Jammin' & Jumpin' street vault. Vaulters send your pictures to smtrackclub@gmail.com to be included. www.smtrackclub.com

smtrackclub
PV Fan

Jammin' & Jumpin' update

Unread postby smtrackclub » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Attention Vaulters, Check out the last name on this list...

The Division Information with estimated times will be posted on Sunday at www.smtrackclub.com

Jammin' & Jumpin' Street Vault
Henderson, Ky
August 11, 2007

Jacob West 15
Tab Quisenberry 47
Erinne Kennedy 18
Chris Lamphier 16
Graham Morgan 16
Matt Simmons 16
Michael Seaman 19
Chad Smith 20
Matt Case 17
Andrew Johnston 16
Lauren Crawford 18
Jacob Howell 15
Ben Howell 15
Katy Yoder 16
Derrick Brown 18
Samantha Stenzel 17
Tyler Crooks 17
Tim O'Donnell 51
T.J. O'Donnell 24
Samuel Rice 20
Evan Pitt 16
Adam Hobson 17
Chip Heuser 22
Brian Hancock 19
J.P. Willett 15
Harvey Deloach 74

BadMotherVaulter
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter, Volunteer High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 4.35
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson, Jeff Hartwig

Unread postby BadMotherVaulter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:00 pm

cmon lets get some more vaulters out at this event!!!
suck it up.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:27 am

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/a ... hits-mark/

Street Vault field hits mark

By KEVIN PATTON
, Gleaner staff
831-8350 * kpatton@thegleaner.com
Friday, August 10, 2007

Organizers are expecting a field of more than 30 competitors, including a pair in their 70s, in Saturday's inaugural Jammin' and Jumpin' Street Vault on Henderson's riverfront.

Keith Hobson, one of the organizers of the pole vault event for the Spottsville Monsters Track Club, said that 31 competitors had paid their entry fees as of Thursday night and he expected some more last-minute entries on Saturday morning.

"For our first year of doing this, we weren't sure what to expect. Our goal was 30, and we've exceed our goal," Hobson said.

Vaulters will come from near and far for what is believed to be the first-ever such event to be held in the state. Among the competitors are 74-year-old Harvey DeLoach of Cottleville, Mo., and 73-year-old John Sharp of Danville, Ind. Sharp finished second in his age division in the National Senior Games early in the summer in Louisville with a vault of 8-6 1/2.

The senior vaulters will compete in the masters division for competitors 35-and-over but could still compete against vaulters half their age.

Among the top vaulters slated to compete are University of Oklahoma All-American Chip Heuser, former NAIA national champion Jason Scott and University of Missouri freshman Brian Hancock.

Heuser, a Louisville native, enters with the top personal best of 18-1. Scott, who attends Cedarville University in Ohio, has vaulted 17-9. Hancock of Monroe City, Mo., has cleared 17-0.

Two-time Kentucky 1-A state champion Michael Seaman of Bardstown, who is bound for the University of Tennessee, is expected to participate.

Four local vaulters are slated to participate -- Kevin Ferguson, Adam Hobson, Evan Pitt and Chad Smith. Ferguson and Smith both won outdoor state titles for Henderson County, while Hobson won last year's indoor state title.

The competition, which will be held on Water Street between Second and Third streets, will begin at 9:30 a.m. with the 14-and-under and 15-16 age divisions. The 17-18-year-old division will begin at approximately 11 a.m., followed by the college division for high school graduates through age 34 at approximately 12:30 p.m. The master's division is set for 2 p.m. with the open competition scheduled to begin around 3:30 p.m.

The competition is held in conjunction with the annual Bluegrass in the Park festival in Audubon Mill Park.

Return to “Heartland Region”