Rush County Fair Pole Vault Meet (IN)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio.

Moderator: ashcraftpv

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Rush County Fair Pole Vault Meet (IN)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:31 pm

OK sorry, this one already happened, hoping someone can post results.

Rush County Fair Pole Vault Meet

The first ever Rush County Pole Vault Meet will be held June 21, 2009. It will be held on the baseball diamond adjacent to the Rush County Fair. The ball diamond is directly north of Rushville Consolidated High School. This date will be the opening night of the Rush County Fair so we hope to have a lot of traffic stopping by to watch the vaulters.

This meet will be a part of a series of meets to encourage vaulters to have fun in the summer as well as improve on their skills. Other meets to attend in this series will include a meet in Hancock County at Greenfield Central High School on July 11, 2009 and the Three Rivers Street Vault at the Three Rivers Festival in Ft. Wayne on July 18, 2009.

The meet will start at 3:00 PM and will consist of a women's high school flight and a women's open flight as well as a men's high school flight and a men's open flight.

The cost to participate will be $20 per vaulter which will get you a t-shirt and we will have prizes for the winners. There will not be an admission price for those who want to come and watch, but we would advise those attending to bring a lawn chair so you can sit and enjoy the competition.

The meet will be USATF sanctioned and ALL participants will need to sign a Waiver of Liability and Release. Those participants under the age of 18 will need to have a parent sign the release, and there will be no exceptions to that rule. The waivers will be available the day of the meet. However, if you are under 18 and your parents will not be with you, please contact us and we will send you a waiver via email.

The proceeds from this meet will help the RCHS athletic department offset equipment expenses.

Please register for the meet by contacting Greg or Cathy Pratt at glcjpratt@verizon.net or by phone at (765) 565-6509.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cathy Pratt

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Rush County Fair Pole Vault Meet (IN)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Does anyone know if this meet is happening this year?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Rush County Fair Pole Vault Meet (IN)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:24 pm

The second annual Rush County Pole Vault Meet will be held Saturday, June 19, 2010. This is the Saturday before Father's Day.

Proceeds from this meet will help RCHS pole vaulters offset equipment expenses. This is a very laid-back meet designed to allow vaulters to have a good time and also get in some summer competition.

This meet is a USATF sanctioned event. Therefore, a waiver of liability will need to be signed by all vaulters. Any vaulter under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.

The meet will start at 3 PM and have a women’s high school flight and a women’s open flight as well as a men’s high school flight and a men’s open flight. Depending on the number of competitors, the flights may be combined.

This meet is being held on the softball diamond adjacent to the fairgrounds. The ball diamond is located north of Rushville Consolidated High School in Rushville, Indiana. It is located on 13th Street between Sexton Street and Park Boulevard.

The cost will be $20 per vaulter. Included in the cost will be a pole vaulting t-shirt of your choice. There will be a couple of designs to choose from at the meet. Your t-shirt choice will be mailed to you after the meet.

Please RSVP to Greg and Cathy Pratt at glcjpratt@verizon.net or 765-565-6509.

Return to “Heartland Region”