Illinois State Summer Pole Vault Camp 6/15 thru 6/18

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

GetUpVault
PV Newbie

Illinois State Summer Pole Vault Camp 6/15 thru 6/18

Unread postby GetUpVault » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Illinois State will be hosting their annual summer track and Field camp. As part of this camp, there are three days of vaulting that take place similar to a pole vault exclusive camp. They have a small selection of poles but encourage you to bring your own. For more information go to ( http://goredbirds.cstv.com/ ) to access the camps page. The date of the camp this year is June 15-18th. The coach will be Aaron Decker from North Park University whom coached at ISU for two years and has been back to help with the vault camps since. He has coached several school record holders and top performers at the schools he has been involved with including ISU. This is a great opportunity to learn the necessary skills to advance your vaulting career. All ages and all experience levels will benefit from this experience. Hope to see you all there.

TheDeanMachine
PV Fan

Unread postby TheDeanMachine » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:38 pm

hopefully this won't be cancelled like the one on jan. 5th...
senior in HS
PR: 13'
vaulting for 3 years

Goal: 14'6"

Mitch
PV Fan

Unread postby Mitch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:53 pm

DeanMachine- If you think you need a pv camp to go to soon there is Jan Johnson's Sky Jumpers camp this weekend at Maine South High School in Park Ridge, Illinois. go to this linke if you are interested http://skyjumpers.com/pages/camps.html

TheDeanMachine
PV Fan

Unread postby TheDeanMachine » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 pm

i wish i could, but i got 3 more weeks in a cast for a broken thumb :( then a couple more weeks of my own rehabilitation. mitch, are you vaulting at the ISU indoor meet? it'd be great to watch you (haha not tryin to sound like a creep). i'm aiming to be healed up by then.

senior in HS

vaulting for 3 years

Mitch
PV Fan

Unread postby Mitch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 pm

lol it's cool, I don't think my team is going to that meet but I have been searching and I can't find when it is. If you can show me when it is I can try to work something out. But if that doesn't work out I'll be at prep top at Illinois Wesleyan which is right down the street!! I am hoping that will be one of my break through meets.

TheDeanMachine
PV Fan

Unread postby TheDeanMachine » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:26 pm

the cogdal relays at ISU are on march 22nd, starting at 9 am at the Horton Indoor facility. i personally, will have to get 12'6" to be listed for prep top times...which im sure is no problem for you. but with my thumb it'll be iffy. but i'm gonna be working very hard on building up my grip and muscles again.

senior in HS

vaulting for 3 years

GetUpVault
PV Newbie

Registration opens

Unread postby GetUpVault » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Registration is open for the ISU Track and Field camp. Follow this link to access the registration brochure.

http://goredbirds.cstv.com/sports/c-tra ... 08aaa.html

Every year the camp gets better and the instruction is unbeatable for the atmosphere that they provide. It is a great opportunity to learn and develop your vaulting skills. Hope to see you all there.

GetUpVault
PV Newbie

Deadline Nearing

Unread postby GetUpVault » Sat May 17, 2008 2:05 pm

The Illinois State Track and Field Camp, which houses a pole vault camp in conjunction is nearing the early registration deadline. Register now to save a spot and secure your chance to recieve some quality instruction from a great staff. Deadline is June 2nd, 2008.

Go to the following link to access the camp brochure.
http://goredbirds.cstv.com/sports/c-tra ... 08aaa.html

Return to “North and Central Regions”