Leslie Brost going for three-peat (SD)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Leslie Brost going for three-peat (SD)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:28 am

http://www.ksfy.com/sports/headlines/19117669.html

BROST GOING FOR THREE-PEAT

Leslie Brost clears the bar the Howard Dakota Relays earlier this month. She'll be trying to win her third straight state pole vaulting title this weekend.
By Erik Thorstenson
Story Created: May 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM CDT
Story Updated: May 20, 2008 at 6:34 PM CDT
(Watertown) The state track meet starts this Friday in Sioux Falls. In the girls pole vault, Watertown's Leslie Brost will be wrapping up her record setting high school career.
MULTIMEDIA
WATCH THE VIDEO
Brost has spent the past 3-years breaking her own state record in the pole vault. Her latest record was a vault of 13-3, on her home track at the Watoma Relays.
Leslie Brost says, "It's tough some time, when everyone wants to see a new record. There's pressure sometimes, but it's fun."
Brost will be going for his 3rd straight state title. While she usually wins with ease in South Dakota, she competes against herself and what the best vaulters in the country are doing.
Brost says, "I watch what the national marks are. That's how I compare myself with what those girls, who are awesome are doing. I want to be able to compete with those girls."
Watertown Track coach Casey Feininger says, "The thing about Leslie, she's very driven and every mark we've wanted her to set, we've reached those goals."
Leslie will vault in college at North Dakota State and she and her coach, expect her heights to continue to go up.
"It would be neat to go out and set the record again," Brost said.
The girls pole vault in "AA" starts at nine on Saturday morning at Howard Wood Field.

Return to “North and Central Regions”