PV Clinic Dec 7 2008 Waukesha, WI

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

PV Clinic Dec 7 2008 Waukesha, WI

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:44 am

http://hurdlecamp.com/DecVault_08.pdf

Winter POLE VAULT Camp
Sunday December 7, 2008
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
-Athletes of all ages and ability are welcome to attend.
Where: Waukesha South High School Fieldhouse
401 E. Roberta Avenue
Waukesha Wisconsin (25 miles west of Milwaukee)
Cost : $60 Early Registration ( prior to 12/1)
$75 Late Fee Day of camp registration will be accepted…
Coaches: Vince Komar Mukwonago
Jay Woodard Waukesha South and many other ATHLETES and COACHES..
Instruction: Sprint Warmup, Extensive Vault Drills, Approach and Vault Technique Critique,
Beginnners Group: This session is itended for new vaulters or for vaulters with less than one year of experience.
We will cover the basics such as grip, pole runs, and take-off. High School Girl Vaulters with PR jumps under 8-0
and High School Boy Vaulters with PR jumps under 9-0 should consider this camps.
Advanced Group This session is intended for the high school / college/ masters vaulter that has over 1 season of
Pole Vault Experience. We will spend extensive time on wall drills, rope drills, and time on the Pole Vault Pit.
ATHLETES WILL BE GROUPED AT THE CAMP ! !!
ALL ATHLETES MUST BRING : A HELMET and POLE to the CAMP!
TRAIN WITH THE BEST at the CHAMPIONSHIP CAMPS
Beginning and New Pole Vault Athletes are welcomed to the Camp.
Philosophy: This clinic is run by high school coaches for high school athletes. The purpose of this winter
clinic is to help athletes have their approach and vaulting evaulated and help the athlete prepare for the winter
off-season. The camp will be run in a low-key atmosphere to teach proper form, conduct supervised drills, and
modern training theories. Instruction received at the camp is intended to supplement athletes high school
coaching. This is a great opportunity to kick off your Winter Training !
More information visit: www.vaultcamp.com
Camp Coaching Staff
The Championship Track and Field Camps have been running for over 10 years and has a premier coaching staff.
Vince Komar
Asst. Boy’sTrack Coach at Mukwonago High School. Coach Komar has been running Pole Vault camps
for over 10 years. Coach Komar consistenly generates the top Pole Vaulters in the state of Wisconsin.
Jay Woodard
Jay Woodard is the Pole Vault Coach at Waukesha South High School. Coach Woodard has over 15
years of vault coaching experience. Waukesha South has traditionally had a strong vault program and
has emerged into one of the state’s top Girl’s Pole Vault programs.
Eric Lehmann
Head Girl’s Track Coach at Waukesha South High School. Coach Lehmann has been the camp director
of the Championship Camps for the past 10 years.
Additional High School Coaches and College Pole Vault Athletes will be added.

gymnastsrock
PV Master
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 11'
Favorite Vaulter: too hard!

Re: PV Clinic Dec 7 2008 Waukesha, WI

Unread postby gymnastsrock » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:06 pm

I am so excited!!! It will be my first time vaulting since August, and I have been going through severe withdrawal. :D

Although I see this not helping the issue I'm having with hating gymnastics...I think I'm just so over it and have found things I like to do a lot better. Too bad I'm locked in until July.
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. Lao Tzu

Return to “North and Central Regions”