Cave work beginning . . .

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

vaultdad
PV Whiz
Expertise: An Official
Favorite Vaulter: Jillian Schwartz!

Cave work beginning . . .

Unread postby vaultdad » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:27 am

A site in the cave has been selected, and field prep has begun with the backhoe to level and prepare the area.

Thanks to AVC we have a plan for the runway and work will soon begin on getting it built.

It's been like ages getting to this stage, but thanks to the Motley Crew Vault Club there will shortly be a very unique "indoor" facility available in the midwest near St. Louis MO.

If anyone has any toys to contribute we would love to hear about it. ;) Field turf or astroturf would be nice to cover the sand with if you know any body with more than they can use. :P

In any event, this may be the first post of the new year 2011, so having done my duty, I think I'll take a nap now . . . :)
Vaulting Incognito "I saw those tubes on your truck, and I thought you were a plumber . . ."

vaultdad
PV Whiz
Expertise: An Official
Favorite Vaulter: Jillian Schwartz!

Re: Cave work beginning . . .

Unread postby vaultdad » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:36 pm

The area is now level and covered in compressed rock, and lighted

The raised runwaw is 170' long and will shortly have rubber . . .

The pit is defrosting and draining from a storm. Pits attract storms, who knew?

That's all the news for now until I figure out how to get a photo posted

Aloha, Vaultdad
Vaulting Incognito "I saw those tubes on your truck, and I thought you were a plumber . . ."

MCVC
PV Beginner
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Unread postby MCVC » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:08 am

Greetings All!

Motley Crew Vault Club has been hard at work building what we have been told is the first underground pole vault facility in the United States. (If you can find another let us know). We have posted some progress pictures on a smugmug page, but they're not the best quality as they were taken with a phone camera. Link Below:

http://runitagain.smugmug.com/Other/MCV ... 2533_ioPxG

We should be mounting the top boards on Saturday. It's been interesting building a solid base and leveling the runway. The guys we were working with are VERY precise and leveled the runway to within 1:1000, or so they say. :-)

Our plans are to host the First Underground Cave Vault in the United States in the summer or at least the upcoming year. More than likely it'll happen when we can find bigger mats. But we were curious, when would be the best time to host a Cave Vault?

If your interested in competing or have any comments/concerns/tidbits, please shoot us an email at crystalcitycaverun@yahoo.com

Thanks,
MCVC

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

If you need more stuff to cover the sand, go dumpster diving for carpet that people are throwing away.

Return to “North and Central Regions”