Any Montanans on this site or is it just me.

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Sean/vaulter/naeS
PV Nerd

Any Montanans on this site or is it just me.

Unread postby Sean/vaulter/naeS » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:20 pm

I haven't seen anyone else from montana on here so i decided to just put this out there see who saw it.
VAULTERS ARE A CRAZY CREW BUT ITS A FUN RIDE!

FreightTrain
PV Fan
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, occasional open competitor
Lifetime Best: 4.90 m

Unread postby FreightTrain » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:47 pm

I'm going to be up in the Kalispell area for about 3 weeks in July. Are there any PVers up that way with access to a pit? Does the local high school or the local JC have work-out apparatus (high bar, weights, track, etc) that an outsider could use? Thanks.

SelahPV
PV Wannabe

Unread postby SelahPV » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:54 pm

I vault for the U, there in Missoula. Where are you from?
~Mike

FreightTrain
PV Fan
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, occasional open competitor
Lifetime Best: 4.90 m

Unread postby FreightTrain » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:29 pm

I go to school at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego. My parents have a cabin just outside of Kalispell towards BigFork. We plan on being there for 3 weeks. We're driving up, so if I can find a facility I might strap on some poles to take along.

SelahPV
PV Wannabe

Unread postby SelahPV » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:10 pm

Well I'm back home for the summer so I'm not sure where there are any practices going on. If you are interested though...there is a street vault in Helena during the first part of july. I'm not sure if I can get work off to go but all the info is at http://www.teammontana.com/ they haven't set a date yet but the guy in charge told me it will be one of those first weekends in July. Good luck with the drive and enjoy Montana, it's a really nice state.

P.S. There aren't any JC's that do track in Montana. The only colleges that do track are the University of Montana (where I go) and Montana State University.
~Mike

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”