Vaulters Wanted

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

VaultNinja
PV Pro
Expertise: Extensive
Lifetime Best: 5.60m
Favorite Vaulter: All the Great Ones

Vaulters Wanted

Unread postby VaultNinja » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:48 pm

Elite Exhibition During Huge Highschool Event. Every Year Idaho State University in, Pocatello, ID, hosts the Simplot Games. This is one of the largest Indoor highschool Track and field meets in the Nation. It is a three day meet because over 2000 athletes compete to make the saturday finals. During the Saturday finals there will be an Elite Pole Vault Competition. There will be two raised I-Beam runways (like in Reno) going at the same time with both men and women. For the fans, there will be an overall winner, where the women are spotted 4 feet. I think the field is supposed to be 6 men and 6 women. The Women will get travel and lodging paid for through USATF development, but the men need to make there own travel accomidations (we can always find you a couch or spair matress at another vaulters house, including mine). If you are a college athelete you may manage to get your team to pay for the travel, since there are not many meets that weekend (feb 21) since most conference meets are the next weekend (feb 28).
-So far there is one athlete registered for both the mens and womens competitions.
-Lindsey Taylor, and Paul Litchfield
-They are Looking for 13' or better women, and 17' or better men
-If you are interested or just want more info, contact Dave Nielson Head Track and Field Coach at Idaho State University @ nieldave@isu.edu
......This is going to be a great competition full of energy, with over 5000 people cheering you on. If your not busy that weekend you should definatelly come.[/b]
If someone tries to step on your dreams.... Step on their face.

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”