1 foot over previous best/ JODY has done it

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

1 foot over previous best/ JODY has done it

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:44 pm

I want to congratulate JodY Hesch jhesch on this site on his personal record today an increase of 1 foot over his previous mark going into the meet. He finally got some poles that fit him and is jumping over his handhold.
ATA BOY JODY
Last edited by Bruce Caldwell on Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fong520
PV Pro

Unread postby fong520 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:48 pm

woooo congrats dude... keep it up :D
i run, therefore im buff.

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:01 pm

thanks for the post Bruce! well last year my end pr was 11' 6". today, at my first meet with probly two days' total previous practice ( in terms of actually vaulting w/ pole) i got 12' 6" and def. cleared 13, just hit on way down. partly due to pv camp that i went to last year, partly due to increased strength, speed, coordination, etc., partly cause of doin drills like every day since the pv camp, and part due to new poles that fit me perfectly.... needless to say after qualifying for state my first meet (yes, its true, 12' 6" is guys' state qualifying in the good ol' Land of Enchantment (New Mexico)) i was very stoked. the poles are ESSX Carbons- 13 8 176. lb and 14 1 176 lb. if you want the pole speech, PM, ill tell you all about 'em. very nice, great timing, etc. i love 'em.

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”