GREAT SOUTHWEST

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

jhesch
PV Pro

GREAT SOUTHWEST

Unread postby jhesch » Wed May 19, 2004 9:08 pm

Anyone here going to the Great Southwest meet in Albuquerque, New Mexico at University of New Mexico Stadium? I'm not sure of its location yet, but that's where it was held last year. I just found out that surprisingly enough I've been invited to vault there. A week ago I ended up third in the state meet with a rather lousy jump in which I cleared 13. I know, not too respectable, and for what its worth higher heights weren't cleared as a result of a stupid mistake that didnt even involve a vault and trying to get on a pole that I had only used <5 times. (I know it means little, but I was doin real good with a bungee at 15 that week, I was workin on a big 15 ft. pole [big for me] and workin on clearin my top hand grip, and I was doin pretty good. Guess I didnt spend enough time on it because of obvious results....) Well anyways if anyone here is going, let me know, if you need directions or anything or wanna find someone to talk to. :yes:

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Wed May 19, 2004 9:19 pm

I am going, I went last year. It is a real nice meet. I got in the top 5 last year i think. Mitch Greely is going to be at this meet, PR 16'9" and Ty barrington might be going. Another vaulter that jumps about 15'6 is going also i think. Zach grahm should be goign since it is in his state he has gone 16'6.
i think before my days are done.

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Wed May 19, 2004 10:34 pm

oh man then i dont even know why i should be goin, im gonna be put to shame unless i can do better than my best practice. what's your pr and where are you coming from? i know zack graham from several meets, pretty cool guy, pretty funny.

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Wed May 19, 2004 10:43 pm

My PR is 16-6. If ty barrington goes there will be 4 over 16-6. Pretty nice facility, fast runway. There was a good wind last year.

BritDawg118
PV Nerd

Unread postby BritDawg118 » Thu May 20, 2004 1:02 pm

If I can get my ankle healed in time, that is the next thing on my calendar! I went last year and it is a really fun meet! See y'all there! :D
"Pole Vaulting is by far the coolest sport ever!!!"-ME

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:29 pm

This meet was a good one to watch.... I broke my biggest pole and hurt my hand, although i was jumping good before that. DRAT.

Mitch greely won at 16'5
Zach graham 2nd at 16'5
Ty barrington 3rd at 16'1

dang,it even hurts a little to type, :confused:

BritDawg118
PV Nerd

Unread postby BritDawg118 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:32 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Scott!! does anyone know the girls results??
"Pole Vaulting is by far the coolest sport ever!!!"-ME

OAKPV2004
PV Follower

Unread postby OAKPV2004 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:38 pm

HAHA, looks like my hand was just brusied or something, it hurt for about 3 days and now im going to be going up poles. Sucks that i has to scratch out of GSW but I will be there at Golden west ready to roll!

:devil:

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

poles on the way

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:58 pm

OAKPV2004 wrote:HAHA, looks like my hand was just brusied or something, it hurt for about 3 days and now im going to be going up poles. Sucks that i has to scratch out of GSW but I will be there at Golden west ready to roll!

:devil:

Godd luck on your up coming meets Scott.

bruce
I love the PV, it is in my DNA

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”