SKIPPER AND 5.0METER POLES?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:16 am

KYLE ELLIS wrote:
rainbowgirl28 wrote:If you don't know who someone is in here, there is a good chance they are older and smater than you. ;)

ok??? definately older but SMATER? Whats was that all about? Barto sounds like an extremely intelligent man, he said my dad coached him< thats all rainbowgirl...

I was not referring specifically to you... I meant that as a general statement to any high school/college vaulters in here. Some of you really don't have a clue who some of the members on this board are.

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:25 am

sorry rainbow girl :( I agree w/u, I get on just to learn as much as possible. I dont know whos on this site but they definately have some knowledge, insite and connections. But everyones going to throw in there 2cents, sorry again im just here to learn :yes: by the way this is an awesome site!!!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:54 am

KYLE ELLIS wrote: by the way this is an awesome site!!!

Thank you :)

Decamouse
PV Great
Expertise: Masters vaulter, coach, USATF Official
Favorite Vaulter: Kate Dennison

older

Unread postby Decamouse » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:46 am

KE - thats cause the older KE is a bit older than Barto - he is almost as old a me - - anyway - lots of good info - your dad is probably the favorite in the M45 Deca and one of the top in the PV going into San Juan (Master's World Championships) - he has even given me some help in the vault - so always listen - then we decide what info we want to use -
Plant like crap sometimes ok most times

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:55 am

Yeah my dad is an awesome athlete ran cc all his life till college. Became a decathelete (only jumped 10-6 when he set the school record) almost made the trials until an injury. Jumped somewhere around 16-6 later on, and was jumping 16ft at 40-42 years old! If i had his height and speed when he was in his prime, Id be way up there? 6-3 180,100m 10.9, pv16-6, hj6-6,etc. I think I can beat his record in the vault and maybe the jav. but the rest yeah right!

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:17 pm

["EVERY YOUNG VAULTER WANTS TO GRIP TOO HIGH!"

I challenge every vaulter on this board (under 6'3) gripping over 14' to drop their grip down to 14' and try to clear 15'
Barto[/quote]

Hey tonight I jumped 15-6 (wobbled twice) gripping 13-10 on a 14-6 185
Barto my dad said he coached someone at edmond who jumped like a world class vaulter in warmups, but when the bar went up... It was another story , thats the only story hes told me from edmond? Was that you?

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:20 am

PVJunkie wrote:"Well let me ask u this can u jump 2 feet over ur hand hold?"

Does it really matter. You can not, he did and teaches people to. Dont start slappin faces around here until you got the history to back it up. You are a 12' high school vaulter posting to a person with at least 15yrs coaching experience, and is a tech expert for one of the track catalog co for the vault. Thats not to mention his direct affiliation with the USATF.................When I was a 12' HS vaulter over in indiana (yes Dane I jumped against Danny in HS and Mark in college), I would have never shown any sort of arrogance (no matter who I knew). You should be asking this man how YOU can jump 2' over your grip because it never mattered if he ever did or not, he knows how and you need to.

I am only being aggressive here because on another board that used to be HUGE all the 10-12 foot vaulter who knew EVERYTHING killed it. All the good coaches got sick of argueing with the 14yr olds about a simple question. SO any time I see someone take this approach it bothers me a little more than it should.

PV junkie sorry I just got bent out of shape. And I do know a lot of what im talkin about. My dad was an 18 ft vaulter in the late 70s and early 80s. He has studied the event ever since then. I have learned a lot of htings from him. But sorry for splitting hairs over it.

P.S. I have jumped 13'
hmmmm

Barto
PV Great

Unread postby Barto » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:13 am

"Barto my dad said he coached someone at edmond who jumped like a world class vaulter in warmups, but when the bar went up... It was another story , thats the only story hes told me from edmond? Was that you?"

:D :o :( :) :dazed: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :crying: :crying:

LOL,

yeah, probably!! Your dad only worked with me my freshman year. Took me from a backyard 7 footer to about 10-10'6. Later on (senior year) that description fit me to a tee! 16' in warmup 14' in the meet was pretty normal. Oh, well. Long time ago.

Barto.

RoySloppy
PV Pro

Unread postby RoySloppy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:18 am

yo wayupthere,no offense, but all you ever talk about is your dad. its cool that he jumped high and stuff, but you gotta learn to live your own life, not just relive your fathers life 20 years ago. im not sayin this in a bad way, but im sure barto knows more than you, i never met him, but im sure he knows what hes talkin about, if you could maybe swallow your ego for one second and not come off disrespcting everyone AGAIN sayin "i think i know what im talkin about" and "PS. i jumped 13" i mean really, close your mouth and open your ears, its not the other way around.
VA for Life!!

wayupthere
PV Whiz

Unread postby wayupthere » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:42 am

RoySloppy wrote:yo wayupthere,no offense, but all you ever talk about is your dad. its cool that he jumped high and stuff, but you gotta learn to live your own life, not just relive your fathers life 20 years ago. im not sayin this in a bad way, but im sure barto knows more than you, i never met him, but im sure he knows what hes talkin about, if you could maybe swallow your ego for one second and not come off disrespcting everyone AGAIN sayin "i think i know what im talkin about" and "PS. i jumped 13" i mean really, close your mouth and open your ears, its not the other way around.

I thought it was a good apology. I guess it wasn't. But i completely agree I would be happy to learn from anyone on here younger or older. Ya i might have gone over the top about my dad a few times but I only say it so people dont look as me as unknowledgable little high schooler. I was just trying to get noticed. Again I am sorry and the whole PR 13' was just a lil joke to throw in there I didnt mean for people to get mad about it. Anyways, again I am sorry for pissin some people off. :( When i made the post about the jumpin two feet over the handhold I mistakend Barto for another high schooler. Still doesnt mean I should have said that but I just wasn't thinkin.
hmmmm

Decamouse
PV Great
Expertise: Masters vaulter, coach, USATF Official
Favorite Vaulter: Kate Dennison

Understand what is said and implied

Unread postby Decamouse » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:52 am

Seven Habits of Highly Effective People! Seek first to understand - then be understood- been coaching for over 20 yrs and still learning
Plant like crap sometimes ok most times

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:34 am

yeah I think he mentioned you qualified for state freshman year. Anyways back to the original subject does anyone know if tommy used his 5 meter poles at the last mee?

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”