mens pole

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

VaultPurple
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach, Pole Vault Addict
Favorite Vaulter: Greg Duplantis

Re: mens pole

Unread postby VaultPurple » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:11 pm

jorlando wrote:the 14'9 is a 140 pole
but i am 5'7 and i bent the pole alot i reached 10 using an 11'6 pole i was holding at the top and had 7 lefts my school hasnt had a decent vaulter since the 80's so we dont have many poles so if that information helps thanks

so were did you jump 10 on the 12 150 or 11'6 ?lb..... and you got to start putting weight, that is important

but 10' on any 11'6 pole is pretty decient, but if i were you i would go with a 13 155 or 160 and that should get you anywhere from 11'6 to 13' depending on how good your technique is.

jorlando
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current High School Vaulter
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: sergei bubka

Unread postby jorlando » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:16 pm

i did it on a 140 11'6 and i need a bigger pole cause ive been told that with a bigger pole and more speed i could go alot higher cause i have good technique
but what was that you were saying before about meets over the summer can anyone participate?

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:55 am

jorlando wrote: ... but what was that you were saying before about meets over the summer can anyone participate?

Update your profile so we know which city you're in. Someone on here can probably give you a list of open meets in your area this summer ... beach vaults, river vaults, all-comer meets.

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”