I've hit a plateau

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

Skyfly
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former High School Vaulter, High School and Club Coach
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Re: I've hit a plateau

Unread postby Skyfly » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:09 pm

It sounds like you need to spend some time on the high bar. You need to isolate the swing and work on just that with proper form so those positions become natural to you. Get on a high bar, put your legs and everything into the correct positions and work on maintaining the correct form throughout your swing.

rosie
PV Newbie

Unread postby rosie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:50 am

It has gotten way out of hand and there is no reason for it. I know Becca is a busy person and has kids and a family, but there have been numerous people on the board that have said they are more than willing to help, and I am sure there are a ton of people that know enough about computers on here to get rid of the SPAM. Crappy message boards like LetsRun do not even make you register and they do not have any spam.
rosie

rosie
PV Newbie

Unread postby rosie » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:52 am

I'm glad there is now a picture thread, 2 things, I was very excited to see the description for the thread was from my suggestion video lol, also perhaps a sticky is in order on how to upload pics? There are a few pics i would like to upload (and include in the review thread i just posted) but can't for the life of me figure it out, is there a size limit or file type I'm not seeing? I tried a few things and every time the pics had an error during upload that prevented completion.
rosie

Singseason
PV Newbie

Unread postby Singseason » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:05 am

I read were trying to understand it. It is knowledge that is really helpful.

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”