freshman girl height

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

smallandstrong
PV Newbie
Expertise: current high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: unknown
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: desiree freier

freshman girl height

Unread postby smallandstrong » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 am

I am a female freshman vaulter. I'm only 5'3 but I am very strong. I have a back round in cross country, sprinting, gymnastics, crossfit, and weight lifting. This season I was planning on doing my regular mile, 400 and 800, like I did in middle school. My coach saw me working out (I lift heavy and do a mix of piliates and just whatever seems difficult) and made me try pole vault. My body is alot like any of the college vaulters that you see pictures of and I did very well for my first day of pole vault. I know I am stronger than the majority of girls who pole vault at my school, but I have no idea how much strength has to do with pole vault. (I have a HUGE amount of core strength) my coach has a huge amount of faith in me and sees me as a diamond in the rough because I came out of nowhere and I am already pretty good. What would be a respectable height for a freshman girl (like me)?

ewarner04
PV Newbie
Expertise: Current 8th grade vaulter
Lifetime Best: 8'5"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig

Re: freshman girl height

Unread postby ewarner04 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:12 pm

10 ft would be awesome but 9 would be good since its your first year. Look up state qualifying and shoot for that

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”